How much Weight loss?

• Hi everyone!

I currently weigh 165 pounds and my goal weight is 140 pounds. I would like to hopefully be at my goal weight by the start of December this year; just over 7 months. Is this realistic? I am disciplined with exercise if I want to be, its just cutting calories that takes more effort...

How much weight do you tend to lose in one month?

Thanks in advance,

Martie.
  • A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week. Your goal fits perfectly within range and is very reasonable.
  • Thanks!
  • I agree! That should be possible if you stick with your plan. Keep in mind that it won't be a straight line, though.

Good luck!!
    Jay
  • It's doable. I've lost 25 since January...10 in Jan, 7 in Feb, 7 in March, and a whopping 1 pound in April, lol. I'm calling April my "lost month" because I went off track for most of it. Not terribly so but between Easter, various dinner events I went to and some days of not feeling well, it just wasn't gonna happen like it had been.

Anyway...back on track...and maybe I'll be with you at 140 by December, too, or at least closer to it!
  • Remember, the closer you are to your ideal weight, the slower it comes off, but with perseverance you can do it! Good luck!
  • That's reasonable. I lost 22 from September to December.