i need friends!!!!

• i just recently got out of a relationship and i'm looking for some new friends to hang out with. if there is anyone in my area, please don't hesistate to respond. i NEED friends!!!!! i really need something or some people to keep my mind off my ex, before i go crazy!!! my weightloss is going pretty good, so i would love a buddy to walk with! somebody please HELPPPPPP!!!!!! i don't even want to think about men right now, so all i want are a couple of good girlfriends to hang with.
  • Gosh, Jana, I'm nowhere near East Texas, but I hope some of our chicks are! Hang in there--I know it's really hard! Stick to your plan, stay in touch with us!

Jay
  • Yeah, keep in touch with your friends here! I am a few thousand miles away and many others here are just as far....... but on this site we are only a click away from support when we need it! (geesh, that was sooo cheesy!)
  • likewise i need some good femal friends.
    they are very hard to find.
  • i am still looking for friends!!!

anyone interested!!!
  • I am not from Texas, but consider me your friend.

My honest recommendation for you, is to join some sort of group in your community-a group where you will find people that you have something in common with.

It can be as simple as signing up for a yoga class, dance class, cake decorating or floral arranging course (often they have info like this at hobby/craft stores) or what have you.

You can even put up a flyer in stores that have bulletin boards saying that you want to start a walking group for women in your neighborhood!

I find that it is easy to make friends when you start with a common interest!
  • WOW!!

I never thought of that aphil!!! I enjoy doing all things!!

Thanx for the advice!!
  • I feel you, it can be hard to find friends sometimes! I've had some issues making them ever since I moved to Florida, which was nearly two years ago. I'd be your real life friend, but I'm not in Texas.