3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   new and excited to be here :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/110475-new-excited-here.html)

gonnabelean 04-21-2007 04:26 PM

new and excited to be here :)

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and I'm really inspired by everybody's success stories on these boards :)
I'm turning 17 this year and I'm still in high school right now.
My goal is to be 135 by summer time. Right now, I'm 168 pounds. I've let 25 pounds creep on ever since November 2006. I did that by binging, and lack of exercise (I like to blame the winter blues). I've been telling myself that I'll start eating better/dieting tomorrow everyday, since January 1. It's pretty ridiculous and I'm quite ashamed about it.
I also hate being the biggest one when I'm with my friends. I also see myself as bigger than a lotta girls at my school. A lot of my clothes don't fit as well anymore, so that's one thing that's pushing me to lose the weight. I'm about a size 6/8 right now. I'd really like to be down to a size 4/2. Another reason why I want to lose is, my relatives and family telling me that I've gained. It's a really terrible feeling and I just don't want to hear it any more. Ever since Christmas, my eating habits have gone majorly out of whack. Lots of pizza, fries, sweets, fattening stuff... I let myself go totally out of control, telling myself that I'll eat better tomorrow.
My final reason for losing the weight is because I'm overweight according to the BMI calculator... something I never imagined would've happened... I've always been known as the fit/built girl because I ran and did gymnastics. As a matter of fact, I think I still am.. because someone at school mentioned something about me being really strong/muscular. Though I do weight 168, I honestly dont think that I look it. I've always been a bit heavy for my weight, which I don't mind much. But my body has definately chubbed up, so it's time to take action.
I think one of I've lost 3 pounds since I got the scale over a week ago, so I'm pretty happy about that. I find that having a scale really keeps me motivated and on track, whereas before, I'd just let things slide by... I had a mentality like: oh two more scones won't matter much.. or just one more bag of chips.

So yes, I'm doing this eating lots of fruits and veggies, and as little processed foods as possible. I'm a vegetarian, so cutting out fatty meats isn't really a problem. I also avoid milk and cheese, although I do enjoy my egg whites quite often. i'M finding that the last couple days of eating well has kept me on track. I stopped eating junk/processed foods and I don't really have the urge to binge on things like pizza because I know that I'll give in. I'm not one to just take a bite, and savor it. I tend to take a small bite, then fall into the trap of eating the rest of it. So I'm "depriving" myself of a lot of foods, although I don't feel too bad at the moment.

I'm working on incorporating more exercise by simply walking around more. No running program or gym workouts for me. I really want this to be sustainable and I know that I simply do not have the willpower to run everyday or go to the gym.

Enough about me for now :^: ...
I'm looking forward to supporting/getting supporting you guys! I'm also looking forward to the day when I'll be able to post my b&a photos.

LLV 04-21-2007 04:32 PM

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're on the right track and have a positive attitude.

Eating healthy and getting myself down to a healthy weight is the best thing I've ever done for myself and it feels wonderful. I'm a calorie counter. I've been doing it since June of 2004 (when I first started) and I still enjoy logging all of my food. It's something I'll probably have to do for the rest of my life, so it's a good dang thing I enjoy it, LOL.

You'll find lots of support here. I'm pretty much just trying to maintain right now (my goal weight says 130 but I'm just trying to stay between 130 and 135), but I still come here because hey, it doesn't end with the weight loss. I'm in this for life ;)

JayEll 04-21-2007 05:11 PM

:welcome: Good to see you here. Do you plan your meals and snacks? That's sometimes helpful. Not that you have to know every bite ahead of time, but if you have a bunch of good food choices available, you are more likely to stay on the right track.

Good luck!

Jay