Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2001, 10:16 PM   #1  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Christian Encourager's #124

WELCOME!! If you're looking for a wonderful thread of Christian believers that share the Word of God and prayer with each other as they go forth as soldiers of the war against fat...........come join us and be a real LOSER FOR CHRIST!!
Old 11-02-2001, 02:21 AM   #2  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Whew!!!!

Hey everyone!

I hope you all are doing well. Things have been so crazy with work, home, school, love life or what is not of the love life. Just seems that all those things can carry me away till I'm so stressed I pull out the keys and head to the fast food. Esh....still trying to learn to give all that to God and turn to Him in those times. Wonder why we are so thick headed at times with these issues...just something I ponder. Well I wanted to check in and see how everyone was. Take care and God Bless!

Jamie
Old 11-02-2001, 04:06 AM   #3  

Zoe thanks for starting a new post!
This will have to be a quick post just wanting to touch base. I worked a long shift today due to problems at work. I worked until 3:00am. I did pretty well today only had one treat and for me this is great! Keeping all of you in my Prayers!
Sami
Will Post Tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2001, 07:10 AM   #4  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry TGIF!

Good Friday Morning to All!!!!

How is everyone this morning? I hope OP and ready for a GREAT FRiday and the weekend! I hope to have a restful weekend. Whew! My hours and stress with my job lately is about to get the best of me. And that is not a good thing with my heart pressure! I did get to go the park with my little one the other day and walk but only once. I look forward to Sunday when I weigh in to see how I'm doing. I have been trying (not doing real well but trying) but I can't seem to get that blooming water in. *sigh*

I want to go check out a book called Sugarbusters today. Have any of you ever done it? I talked with some ladies the other night in the chat room and they highly recommended it. One had made it pass goal (9lbs under) and the other had lost 54lbs this year! Both said it was the easiest to stick to that they had ever tried. The one below goal said she never once cheated!!!! Now I want to see this diet. Cause with me that would really be something, not to cheat not once!!!

I hoipe everyone has a great Friday and a GREAT weekend!!!! Try not to go off and forget us!!!! As Olivia Newton John would sing, "Let's get physical, physical......" But let's say serious instead of physical......although it probably would help things to get physical. Oh well, there I go again. Talk atcha as soon as I can. Another busy day. Bye....... for now.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:23 AM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Yeah! It's Friday!

How is everyone doing? I hope we're all OP so far today. I'm really glad that I pack a lunch for work. I have to eat what I bring whether I'm in the mood to eat it or not. I did pretty well with my WOE yesterday. I too am having trouble with the water but I am working on it.

We are going to a wedding tomorrow. Then we travel to visit an uncle of DH who is very sick in the hospital. We are very close to him and although he is 79 we aren't ready to let him go. He has liver cancer and things don't look good. He has been like a second grandpa to our boys. He is ready to die which eases the pain a bit.

Eeyore's Sun: Have a relaxing weekend. Do something special for yourself. You deserve it!

Sami: You're doing great! Can't wait for your first weigh in to see how you did!!

Jamie: I agree with you. Sometimes it takes a 2 X 4 across the head for me to see things. God just wants a relationship with us. If we strive to get closer to Him everything else should fall into place.

Zoe: How are things with you today?

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-03-2001, 05:58 AM   #6  

Hello I wanted to touch base and tell everyone Hello and that today didn't go to bad (a few slips) I did an overnight shift again tonight to help put up christmas! I LOVE CHRISTmas! It is hard to work overnight because the kids don't really let me sleep durning the day.

Sherry-I know the feeling about work. This is my stressful time with all the hiring I am doing. I am here for you!

Wilma-Packing my lunch is the only way I can lose weight. Fast food is a real down fall for me. I have been taking a gallon of water to work with me and keeping my glass full and that is how I am getting my water in.

Jamie-I know the feeling it is like the fast food places are calling my name when I am under stress. I am going to keep posting and calling on all my friends to help me through it. Lifting you up in prayer.

Yvette-How are you doing? You are missed so please post.

Zoe-I hope your trip is going well. Post when you can.

To all MIA I miss your support!
God Bless! Keep on praying!
Sami

Last edited by sami; 11-03-2001 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:18 AM   #7  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Default Good Saturday Morning!

Hi guy's......here I am, still here with no vacation. I was at work until nearly 6pm last night, then we came home, fed the dog, scanned the mail and went out for dinner. So now I have some news.....not good news....we are not leaving for that weeks vacation.....that road trip to OK, AR, LA. My 'partner' at work has done it to me once again, not in all week and now, I am once again a "one man show". My boss is quite upset FOR me and feels really bad but just the same, I'm irritated. What we will do however, is go away for the weekend. We'll leave this moring and come back Sunday afternoon. At least it's something, right? I am expecting a HUGE pay increase in the next month so maybe that will soothe my irritations. Ha!!

I pray that you are all doing well. I will post when I get back in a few days. God bless you all and may you all stay in Christ's love.........
Old 11-03-2001, 08:18 PM   #8  

Hello to all!
I have been so lazy today. I didn't get enough sleep because of working overnight but everytime I tried to lay down the kids would wake me.

Zoe-I feel so bad for you. Is the other person really to sick to come to work? I pray that the short trip will help some and a raise always helps!

Praying all are having a great day!
Sami
Old 11-04-2001, 08:55 AM   #9  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Happy Lord's Day!!!!

Happy Lord's Day to All!!!!!!

How is everyone this wonderful morning? I hope all well. Sorry, I haven't got to post much lately but I seem to be always running behind schedule. And yesterday I spent the whole day doing something Sherry wanted to do. I went garage saleing and got some good deals. I bought my little one 10 beautiful dresses and winter outfits plus misc for only $30. There are 3 of the most beautiful dresses too. And I bought a chest of drawers for my oldest to repaint. Made of real wood! LOL And then I spent the whole afternoon painting wood crafts and a old doll bed for my little one (age 4) that I had gotten at a garage sale a while back. So.......I actually enjoyed myself. It's been since spring since I painted.

Well, I weighed in this morning and am still at 280. I only have regular scales so I don't know if I lost a % or not. It's hard to tell. My scales aren't real accurate I'm sure. But I will do better this week. I am trying to gradually incorporate Sugarbusters into my diet and I really think it will work. Keep saying those prayers for me. I sure have a lot to get off and need to see some results. But one thing I will work harder at my walking and my water this week. That should help a lot.

Do ya'll go around and really read labels like I do sometimes? I did a stupid thing the other day. I was in Walmart Supercenter, the best worse place to be, in my opinion. I picked up some marked down rolls.......then I saw 2 packages of muffins and I just picked both of them up for this morning. I never fix breakfast on Sundays. Well, Gosh, Geewillerkers!!!!! Do you know HOW much fat and calories are in those muffins! One was lemon and the other banana nut. There are 460-470 calories and 23-25g of fat!!! I always read the labels but with them marked down the label was OVER the content label. I am disgusted with that. I'm not eating a crumb of them! I hate for the family to but they will or be disappointed. *hanging head*
That is sooooooo crazy! Especially when I can make Krusteaz muffins and they are a little over 100 calories and less than 2 grams of fat each. And they are good.

WILMA~Planning ahead and packing lunches and meals is the ONLY way to do lose. Poor planning leads to stopping at convenient places or fast food places and we all know even the low cal and low fat things aren't really low cal and low fat to us. Right? How was the wedding and your uncle? It's so hard to have someone close to you go through this but you also don't want them to experience all the pain that can go along with cancer. I will say a few special prayers for ya'll.

JAMIE~Can you just hand me that 2x4, cause I normally need it on a regular basis. Like buying those muffins!

SAMI~Don't ear yourself out too much! Those kiddos would much rather have you healthly there with them then more Christmas. So take care of yourself. GREAT idea about taking the gallon of water. I may have to do that and take it with me in the pickup.

ZOE~Oh, girl! I'm so sorry that "partner" did it to you again. You said your boss feels for you......is he or can he do something about it? Pay increase are nice but sometimes it isn't worth the headache. I know you're traveling now. We will pray that you have a wonderful time and a safe journey. We did the traveling thing like you had planned a few years ago and had a blast! We have a 5th wheel camper and we left here (central Texas) and went through parts of east TX, Louisiana, and then southeastern tip of Arkansas and stayed the night at a park, then through Mississippi into TN and stayed with my SIL. Then back through Arkansas and stayed in central ARK, and then went through OK and stayed the night and then came down to the big Lake on the OK and TX line (Texana?) and stayed the night and then came home. We camped at state parks and private parks and especially on lakes. It was wonderful!!!! I had gotten on the computer and planned it out so I knew activities to do along the way and we had one of the best times ever!!!! And it didn't cost a whole lot. Camping was only $14 to $18 a night. That's my kind of traveling. We did it a few years before and went through Lubbokc, Sante Fe, NM; Taso, NM; up through Colorado and then to Pueblo, CO, then back down through Amarillo, and down. It lets you see the real country and yet we had good quality family time. Ya know. I will keep praying that things work out better for you.

Well, I guess I can close now. Sorry for the book. Those still MIA are missed and we would love you to come back!!! Hope EVERYONE has a good day!!!! Remember whose day it is!!!!!
Old 11-05-2001, 12:58 AM   #10  
Seeking God's Gold

Hello Wonderful People!!!!

How is everyone tonight? I had a good day......enjoyed the wonderful church services today and feel stronger than I have in a while. I found a new website that you might be interested in.......www.spiritledwoman.com. It's got devotionals and newsletters and even a chat. Just thought I would pass it on.

Where is everyone today? I'm here talking to myself again. And missed you all.......please come back soon.

Well, hope everyone has a [b]Wonderful day Monday!!!!!![b]
Old 11-05-2001, 10:27 AM   #11  
Quit counting at 45!

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a beautiful day here in Sunny Manitoba. It looks like we're going to get one last little stint of warm weather before winter sets in. I hope to take advantage of it by walking as much as I can.

I had an emotional weekend. First of all, the wedding on Saturday was beautiful. It was in an old church with stained glass windows and beautiful woodwork. A nice day of visiting with relatives.

On Sunday we went to visit DH's uncle in the hospital. He is not doing very well at all. He is down to 132 lbs. and has no strength at all. It is so hard to see someone you love wasting away. He is an outdoor person and kept saying that he would like to walk around the yard. Seeing him this way was especially hard on DH as they have been very close. Please pray for his wife. I think she is finally realizing that he may not come home again and is finding it really difficult. She trys so hard to be brave and positive and I think I really admire her for that.

Eeyore's Sun: It sounds like you had the perfect day on Saturday. I also love to garage sale but that season is over here! What kind of painting do you do?

Sami: Have you been able to get some rest? I sure know when I need it. Make sure you take time for yourself. Don't berate yourself for a slipup. Just make sure you pick yourself up and keep going!! I also love Christmas. I want to decorate already but DH thinks it's too early. We go get our tree in 4 weeks!!

Zoe: I am so sorry that your vacation got ruined again. Does your partner have issues he needs to deal with? Is he afraid of your going away that he gets sick when you're supposed to go?
(I'm trying to be a shrink here! LOL)

Hi to Jamie and everyone else! Please post. We miss you and need you!!

Have a super day!
Old 11-05-2001, 10:52 AM   #12  

Good morning to all!
Sorry I didn't get to post Sunday but had a BAD headache. I didn't do to bad I was really happy to get on the scale and see I have lost 10lbs from the last time I got on ( a couple weeks ago)
I must have been holding alot of water. I guess the blessing is that that was a wake up call for me and even if it was water it feels good to see a lg change. When I went to the DR. thur he put me on Meridia I have taken it before and did very well on it. I am praying for a repeat.

Wilma-I love old Churches I would have enjoyed that. I will Pray for DH uncle and Family!

Eeyore's sun-I read the lables to. I was shocked when I read how many cal are in the little cheesecake snacks! And the vending machine at work sells the double deckers of debbie cakes 450 cals for one oatmeal snack cake! It is no wander we gain so easy read the cal in all the fast food!

Prayer to all.
Sami
Old 11-06-2001, 06:58 AM   #13  
Seeking God's Gold

Angry Tuesday morning

Good Morning Friends!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good day. Let's try our best today to stay OP and guzzle our water. I sneaked on the scales this morning and that other lb had finally melted away. Yay! So my morning has started off well.

Running late this morning so I have to go but will check back in later. Have a good day!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2001, 07:28 AM   #14  

Blessing this morning!
I had a very busy day yesterday I went to the laundrymat to wash our bedding for us that is 13 loads! It almost killed me to carry everything up and down the stairs. I hope that I have lost at least 1 lb for all that! I have been pray for this Post and for the people who have posted on it. Please come back and lets make this a busy post again. I know I need your support and prayers!
Patricia-I am praying that everything is going well with the baby. We miss you and you and your family are in my prayers.
JoAnne,Jamie,Yvette,Trudy,Sausage,Kendra,Prairie-chick,needssupport,Dot5,Meme,Lee,Nicolle,Geri,Lois ,MaryCS,Tasha,Jill,Debbiedebbie,fruitloop and the many more I am missing you are not forgotten! Please don't be hurt if I missed your name you are missed too!

Dear Father in heaven be with all of us today. Help us to stay in prayer with you so we can make Godly choices. Help those that are hurting Lord and let us be a comfort and a light to those who struggle!
Amen

Sami
Old 11-07-2001, 02:21 PM   #15  

Hello to all,
It looks like this post is slow going. I am praying everone is doing well. It is like a spring day here in Indy.

Prayers for all,
Sami
Closed Thread