3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Dreaming about bingeing... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/110215-dreaming-about-bingeing.html)

JamieY 04-18-2007 03:49 PM

Dreaming about bingeing...

I have the weirdest dreams. I haven't binged in 2 weeks now and I keep having dreams that I've "messed up". On Monday I wore my favorite designer jeans that I love dearly and they are starting to feel loose on me which is a good thing since they were pretty tight a few months ago. Anyhoo, last night, I had this dream that I was wearing my jeans and eating pepperoni pizza and the sauce from the pizza kept dripping all over my pants, I wanted to stop, but I couldn't and just kept eating. I woke up this morning feeling relieved that it was only a dream, but it seemed so real and scary. Anyway, just thought it was weird because it involved two things I love...clothes and food and in reality I would much rather have cute clothes, but in my dream I just wanted the pizza. :dizzy:

carolva77 04-18-2007 03:51 PM

maybe you are craving something and that is why you are having the dreams?
Maybe you can have a replacement meal....something healthy? Like veggie pizza?

mrsgeb2 04-18-2007 03:56 PM

I've had those dreams before too Jamie, but mines also come from thought's, even when I just smell the food.

Like one night DB was eating some chicken strips and chips and smelling it and imagining that I was eating it was good enough.

It sounds like we are both crazy!! Well at least your not alone!! I'm with you all the way!!!

buttermom 04-18-2007 04:09 PM

have u tried the lean cuisine pizzas?? they have pepp and others they are the size of a personal pizza and in my opinion they taste good kinda better then just a regular frozen pizza

i love them they are less then 300 calories for the whole thing so i eat it with a side salad and im set with lunch or dinner

good luck with the dreams hey at least in our dreams we get to binge !!!

marie

JayEll 04-18-2007 04:12 PM

Wow... It's so interesting that the pizza sauce was dripping on your jeans (ruining them). Sounds like you are afraid that you'll revert to your "old ways" and wreck having your clothes! :yikes:

Aren't you glad it was only a dream!

Jay

Doughnut 04-18-2007 04:13 PM

I've not dreamt about bingeing but for months after I stopped smoking I'd dream that I'd been smoking. I'd wake up feeling totally gutted :) These dreams stopped after about 3/4 months. I always thought that I had these dreams because I was so afraid of screwing up, not because of cravings.

Kery 04-18-2007 04:28 PM

I find JayEll's interpretation quite interesting; I was thinking along those lines as well when I read your post. I don't know how it goes for other people, but I tend to dream about things that sort of obsess me, so I can imagine that, since you mention not having binged in two weeks, maybe this is still a problem for you, and you're worried about it (if it happens, it does ruin your efforts for the day)?

Runundefined 04-18-2007 04:32 PM

I love analyzing dreams! I have learned so much about myself this way.. you will two.. be sure to write them down..

Most dreams are more symbolic than literal..

My take on your dream is that your jeans represented your new lifestyle and the pizza your old relationship with food..

you have a fear of your old relationship with food messing your new lifestyle all up..

I think this fear is good.. this means that it has made it into your subconscious where all permanent change takes place!

I had a dream recently that was very interesting and I think along the same lines.. I was sporting my “new body” in my dream and .. I was being tied down by a bunch of tiny little fat me’s… there were ropes all over my body and these little fat me’s were running all over me and tying me down to the ground with stakes.. I decided this was my old fat me.. trying one last ditch effort to hold me down..

JamieY 04-18-2007 05:37 PM

LOL...I agree about me just being scared that I'm going to revert back to my old lifestyle. I actually ate pepperoni pizza the other night and I only had one piece so I was really proud of myself for that...usually once I start, I can't stop. So it's not that I'm craving the pizza...I think I'm just scared I'll binge. I love to analyze dreams too...I think it's so interesting. Oh, and I'm so glad it was only a dream, haha.

Ready2ShedLBS 04-18-2007 08:51 PM

I had a dream not too long ago that I ate 4 Baby Ruth candy bars. I have not had a candy bar ( unless its fun size) in 2 years. Now.. in this dream I just kept eatting them, and then I looked at the calorie content of them I completely freaked out in my dream but I kept eatting them. I dont know.. but when I woke up I was like oh thank god.. it was sooooo real. Maybe I could have a candy bar in my dream tonight.. that would be great. All the indulgence, none of the guilt :)

MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY 04-19-2007 01:37 AM

I haven't had dreams, but boy do I have URGES.. actual urges where I hear a voice in my head trying to convince me to just go get _____ (tonight it was m&m's, which are my daughters! not many other options without snacks in the house!)

JamieY 04-19-2007 12:59 PM

ready2shedlbs-that's funny, I haven't had a candybar (actual size) in a really really long time too. Do you think you could even eat 4 candybars in real life? It'd probably make you sick huh? I know I couldn't. I could however eat 4 or 5 pieces of pizza if I really wanted to, lol.

mama2chunkymonkey-I just had to throw out all of my boy's Easter candy because I was eating chocolate everyday. My aunt and my mom bought them both huge Easter baskets, it's great that they love and care for them, but c'mon they're 3 and 1, they can't eat that much candy. lol, had to throw it all away. :(