Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-18-2007, 01:54 AM   #61  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelie View Post
It does really depend on how much your tastes change. Things that I thought used to taste good, now taste too sweet, taste too greasy or taste too chemically so I don't eat them. They aren't what I want to eat though. If there is something that you really want to eat, then if you plan for it, I see no reason for it not to be part of your eating plan.
True that. Some habits change overtime, replaced by healthier ones. I can barely touch half-fat milk now: at first, skim milk sounded like something awful, then I tried it, got used to it, and now the rest 'feels too fatty for me', something like this. Some for other types of food. I also used to work in a McDonald's a few years ago, I was used to eating there, like, twice a DAY *shudders*, and now I have one about 50m from home, yet I must go there once every two months, when friends really want me to come with them, not otherwise.

Of course, there are some things we also can't let go for good. I can't let go of dark chocolate, even though I don't feel like eating some every day. Or coffee. Thanks God I like my coffee/tea without sugar or milk, or it'd be awful.

"Not today" seems like a good strategy, now that I think of it. I'll need to try that for my 'weakness foods'. It's true that thinking we're FORBIDDEN to have it toys with human nature in general, a.k.a what's forbidden becomes suddenly a must-have, even if it's not that desirable in itself to start with. So it's best not to wake up that sleeping animal. ^^
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote