Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2001, 04:32 PM   #1  

Default 2fatfor2long --I UNDERSTAND

I read some of the replies to your post regarding the effect that weight has had on your marriage. I wanted to just let you know that I too am going through a similar situation. I don't think you need to hear that there is something wrong with your husband, what I think you need to hear is that there is hope for you and your marriage, if you take control of yourself. This isn't about losing weight to please a man. This is about you loving your husband and yourself, and realizing that your body is ALL that he has for the rest of his life, and his body is all that you have for the rest of yours. Too many woman critisize men for not being turned onto obese woman. Is this a flaw? Does this mean they are incapable of loving a woman on the inside? Sometimes, yes, sometimes no. This is a complex subject, and the most important thing for you to accept is that both you and your husband are having NORMAL, NATURAL feelings. Don't condemn him for wanting you to be healthy, don't condemn yourself for struggling with it.

I would love to chat on the email if you would like.

Let me know here, and I will post my email for you.

Sincerely,
Lisa
Closed Thread