Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 03:31 PM   #16  
deleted2

Default The New Me!

Okay everybody, listen up. This is the woman formerly known as Goddess---henceforth I'll be known to you as Eydie. I have to admit I've always felt a little sheepish about that username, maybe just a teeny bit grandiose!

I hope everybody gets this--don't want you to think I've abandoned you or anything. I'm still here, just with a humbler title!

Old 11-16-2001, 05:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Flower ~ I understand completely, I have had similar problems. I think you guys are aware that my kids have different fathers.. well if you weren't they do... but I had an agreement with Skye's grandparents that there could be no difference shown to my kids(which wasn't respected)... if they did for one they had to do for both (yeah right) Well, they bought her clothes, they bought her toys, they bought her furniture and it was not allowed to come home with her(which she didn't understand). They would purchase her stuff from one place (ie name brands and such) and puchase my son stuff from the dime store or garage sales (I don't have a problem with either but if you buy one thing for one it has be fair for both)...One of the biggest fights we had was they wanted Skye to go to private school and they were going to pay for it and I said that I wasn't sending one kid to private school and the other to public and I couldn't afford to pay for Devon to go to private school (they said that wasn't their problem) I finally stopped my son from going over there because he was ignored the entire time they were together... they talked about how smart she was and pretty she was and he wasn't even acknowledge (doesn't fly) This October it has been 2 years since they have even called to check on her(do to me calling them on telling my six yr old to lie to me), they were left with a bedroom full of stuff (that they wouldn't even allow their son's girlfriends child to play with) and clothes that wouldn't ever be used.. because of their attitudes.

Kevin's family hasn't ever showed any difference between the grandchildren... they are both loved, discplined and bought for the same way. I absolutely can't stand people that think they are better than others and think that they can treat people different because of it. Kevin's family is just an old fashioned hard working family, who deserves all the respect in the world.. Skye's grandparents didn't have anything but thought that they were better than my family and that they had more authority over Skye than myself, Kevin, Kevin's Family or my family..... these people (oh Amy SHUT UP).... Flower my point is there are people like this every where and they are really not worth the effort it took to write this. You take care of your kids, they are fed, clothed and cared for... those people just think they are better than you and they aren't proving anything by their actions!

Ruthie ~ you alright?????

Wildfire ~ How you doing?

Edyie ~ Nice to meet you ~

Got to go to wal-mart! Hugs to you all.

Amy
Old 11-16-2001, 07:56 PM   #18  
Hot Stuff

Flower, all I can say is you can't pick your family. Unfortunately, the men we pick also come with families. I give you credit for not saying anything...don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue against such blatant rudeness.

RUUUUUTHHIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE! What's up? Where are you hiding? Are you okay? Oh god....does anyone know if she's in the neighborhood where the plane crashed? Ruthie, even if you don't feel like posting diet stuff, let us know if you are okay?

Eydie, get your drift completely. I've always liked your name...it's different.

Amyjo, whadcha buy at WallyMart?

Hubby and I saw a Financial Advisor this week. On paper, we should have much more money than we seem to have. So we're doing the exercise where you write down every red cent you spend for a month. I'm much more conscious of what I'm buying and whether I need or just want it. Even the 90 cents I spend on a diet coke every day at lunch....that's 4.50 a week....18 dollars a month...216.00 a year, give or take a few days. We buy lunch sometimes three times a week, on average 15.00 each time....that's 45.00 week, 180.00 month, 2160.00 a year....well, you get the picture. We have the luxury of being able to pretty much spend as we please for day-to-day stuff after we pay the monthly bills, but we're really wasting a lot of money on things we shouldn't be.

Summer, where are you?

Sheila, you still lurking? How's it going with that house you were hunting for?

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Ruthie if she doesn't post??
Old 11-16-2001, 10:32 PM   #19  

I'm here! Sorry, I didn't mean to worry anyone -- but thanks for caring! I just haven't felt much like what I feel has been a continuously failing effort on my part -- I keep posting, and talking, and dieting, and not dieting, and so forth. I am starting the Opti Fast program the first week in January. I hadn't heard much from anyone here about what they think about it, so I didn't know if I came off as crazy for thinking about it or something. So I was just laying low. I'll try to post more later.
Old 11-17-2001, 06:34 AM   #20  
deleted2

Hi Ruthie! Good to see you back. I'm glad you're starting Optifast the first of January. My only concern was it might be a bit of a downer for you to start during the Christmas season, you know? I mean, if you were prone to feelings of deprivation they'd be intensified during the national season of eating! Pyschologically, January's a better time to start, I think.
Do you have to do anything to prepare for the beginning of your Optifasting?

Eydie [formerly Goddess!]

Old 11-17-2001, 06:51 AM   #21  
deleted2

Flower--that's pretty weird about your ex-MIL. I don't know her age but it seems that older [senior age] women are overly concerned about what others think and have a tendency to overcompensate. [I hope that didn't sound like some big sweeping generalization.] I can totally see how you'd be offended.

My workplace attracts a lot of wealthy types and I constantly have to shake off feelings of inadequacy--not that anyone has ever done anything to make me feel that way. I think that I'm a little prejudiced against people that I perceive as rich, but I'm working on it!

Wildfire, it's startling when you add up those little daily "extravagances", isn't it? The thing that worries me is my husband and I are 40-ish now and we have nothing saved for old age. Makes me sick if I think about it too much!

Old 11-17-2001, 09:39 AM   #22  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hello. I got to go get dressed. A new outdoor swap meet is opening this morning. Shop and walk. What could be better than that?

Ex mom in law. Sometimes I like her, sometimes well, it makes me wish I realized you marry the family too. They just don't get it. They were a thousand times worse when Terry was alive. Even Terry couldn't stand them!

Ruthie-I have no opions on the liquid diets. I can't have artifical sweetners. My body doesn't digest them. I get hives, and the runs and sick as h***. So I never considered a liquid diet for myself. I hope it works for ya. I missed you around here.
~flower
Old 11-17-2001, 10:12 AM   #23  
Hot Stuff

Ruthie, I'm so glad to see that you've posted! I thought you were taking a break but it occurred to me last night that we hadn't heard from you since the plane crashed and I didn't know exactly where you live. Glad you're okay.

I am posting and dieting, posting and not dieting, not dieting and posting, dieting and not posting....it changes from day to day. Even when I'm not consciously dieting, I do realize what I'm eating and whether or not it's OP. I think checking in here keeps me from losing it completely even when I just don't have the energy to focus on weight loss. If nothing else, it prevents me from gaining. Every single day I start over, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So don't feel that you can't post if you aren't OP. I'd like to think that our little group has become much more than just a weight-loss support group.

As far as the Opti-Fast, I don''t know much about it. If it's something you want to try and you know that it's safe and your doctor is monitoring you, I say do it! Like I mentioned, I was considering SlimeFest just to jump start my program again, but now that we're counting every penny that's out. That stuff is expensive. With Opti-Fast do you get to have one meal a day, or is it shakes all day? I wouldn't be able to last very long without any food at all, but I know you have more willpower than I do. I think January is a good time to start if you're going to do it, too. Fresh start and all after the holidays. Hey, if I thought you were crazy and about to do something you shouldn't, I'd tell you!!!

Eydie, it's amazing when you look at where your money really goes. We haven't started saving for retirement either, and we need to. We have a few goals in mind, which is why we are doing this exercise. It's never too late to start, though. You should look into Retirement Savings Plans.

Flower, I wish we had some of those outdoor swap meets here. Sounds like fun.

Okay, I have to make a plan for the week so I can grocery shop. We're trying to cut our grocery bill, too, so I may be going to the discount grocery shop for canned/dry goods (I just refuse to buy fresh food in a store that doesn't look clean), then to our regular grocery store for meat and produce, then to CostCo for a few bulk items. Luckily they are all close by so I won't spend extra gas to get to them all.

Have a great day!
Old 11-18-2001, 09:35 AM   #24  
deleted2

Flower, I miss reading your diary. I haven't noticed any new entries in the last few days--and I miss you on the food journal thread too. I'm all alone---wahhh! Seriously though, admit it, you felt better and more positive when you were getting all those fruits and vegetables. So consider me your drill seargent [yeah, like I could pull that off!] with a heart of gold--let's get back on the program, girlie!

Anybody have plans for Thanksgiving? I'm having my mother-in-law and her sister [both elderly] over and I can't wait to see how my vegetarian feast goes over!

By the way, let me just casually mention here that I've made it 30 days now with being totally content with my eating and exercising. I've found something I can live with, something do-able and I feel great!

Old 11-18-2001, 10:46 AM   #25  
you can call me flower

Okay, okay. I will get my act together. I had ment to post in my journal but we were going and going yesterday and then Griffin wouldn't let me on the computer last night.

I walked 3 hours yesterday. Yeah me! I will walk again in a few hours. My mom bought me a beaded mobile. I am making one just like it to give to my mom. We both fell in love with it. 15$. I went and bought the steel wire at the hardware store for 5 and I have beads. Just gotta find time. I also got some wonderful sweet and hot beef jerky. Expensive but yummy!!!!

Well, I got up last night at 1:30 and watched the meteror showers. I didn't feel like going far away and really seeing them. A winter robe, an afgan and my front yard were enough for me. I saw at least 1 a minute for a good 45 minutes. Then I was getting a neck cramp! Off I go to update my journal. flower
Old 11-18-2001, 08:26 PM   #26  
you can call me flower

Eydie- I want you to know that I walked and ate my veggies today! Still had too much sugar, but it is a h*** of an improvement over yesterday!
Old 11-19-2001, 06:50 AM   #27  
deleted2

Flower, 3 hours! I can't remember the last time I walked that long. I'm proud of you, girl! Don't worry about the deviating from the food plan; I've been there, we all have--many, many times!

Old 11-19-2001, 10:38 PM   #28  
Must Shrink.

Hello everyone! A quick peek before I pop off to bed. My course has an online chat once a week, and this is too late for me!

I am craving comfort food... I'm dreaming of rice pudding.

I'll stop by in the morning...

Lamorgan.

PS... we are all goddesses!
Old 11-20-2001, 05:56 AM   #29  
deleted2

Hi! Just want to let everybody know that I'm starting a new food journal thread if anyone wants to post.

Old 11-20-2001, 09:33 AM   #30  
you can call me flower

Hello everyone. I peaked at the weather forcast and BRRRR... 2 days ago, it was in the mid 80's. By Sunday we will only be in the low 60's. Lows will be in the 40's. I know, I shouldn't complain. I have to go out Wednesday after work and go pick dried tumble weed for kindling in my fireplace. I do not turn my heat on till at least Dec. Most of the time it is Jan. That is why I have 2 cords of fire wood and several down comforters! After paying 5 electric bills of 225+ I am not rushing to pay an outragous gas bill!!! LV unemployment is 6.7%. I am thankful Chris and I both have jobs. It is Thanksgiving week and I am beeing thankful for my haves, not my have nots!!!

Work was wierd yesterday. My boss's step dad died on Sunday night. I knew it was gonna happen that weekend. I knew what day my husband was gonna die and my grandma. But I know to keep these things to myself. (Only people close to me...I wouldn't want to know that about strangers). Anyways, boss took the day off. I wrapped up the students flowers nice and pretty in purple celophane and tied with a ribbon. They had a choice of 4 arrangemtnts to do at home and bring in a photo of the completed work to get their grade. Chris had to work, or I was gonna be brave and offer to teach class that night. Centerpieces I am comfortable with. It was way lonely working with no one to talk to. The building is all concrete, so no radio waves come through. Silence is deafening!!!!!

This week, I have my TOM. I was so b****y yesterday. The day before too. My children bug me so, when I am just starting. Its gotta be the hormones! ~flower
Closed Thread