Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 AM   #1  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Default Diet Dreams

Morning all -

I posted this over in our Crazy Canucks forum, but thought I'd share here, too - I know you'll all enjoy a laugh!

Here's a morning laugh for you all: I am having 'diet' dreams... basically, I am not really craving anything in real life, and am doing well, food-wise. But two nights ago, I dreamed I was a at a fair or carnival, and there was a huge tent with long tables all around the outer sides, about 15 feet long each side... and it was like a dessert buffet: you just took a bowl and filled it with all sorts of goodies, and could go back as many times as you wanted... I said to whoever was with me in the dream "If you need me, this is where I'll be" -

Then LAST night, I dreamed I had a giant Cadbury's Easter Creme Egg - like 8 inches tall by 6 inches wide - and it was filled with ice cream mixed with the fondant center... !!!

Oh my goodness - I am SO glad I am only eating this stuff in my DREAMS!!! hahahahahahaha

Have a great day!

Heather
HeatherAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:06 AM   #2  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Thats hilarious. Great way to lose weight by enjoying the treats in your dreams!

where is the crazy canucks forum? I can't seem to find it?
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #3  
Fat-be-gone

bikini dreader - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108686
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 AM   #4  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

Thank you!
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Talking

Heather,

That totally happens to me, too! Once, I dreamed that I was literally gobbling a hotdog - and I'm a vegetarian. *lol*

I also have to be careful NOT to go to bed hungry, because I sleep horribly and dream of food NON-stop.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #6  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hah! This didn't happen recently - quite a long time ago, in fact - but I've never forgotten it. After my son was born (25 years ago...gulp) I went on Atkins and lost all that I'd gained with the pregnancy and a little more, besides. I maintained for seven years before I started yoyo-ing. But I was awfully fanatical during that time, and really didn't add many carbs back into my diet at all, even after I'd lost all the weight (which is probably why I eventually rebelled and went off maintenance). At any rate, I was soooooo afraid of gaining the weight back that I did have bizarre dreams about food. But not about enjoying desserts or anything pleasant (and harmless) like that. NO - I dreamed that the not-so-dear h (who has since become an ex-h) kept bringing home big, big trash bags - the kind you use to collect leaves in from your yard in fall - FILLED WITH FRESH BREAD FROM THE BAKERY!!!!! And I would eat it all, and as I was eating it, I could feel my arms and legs expanding (like Alice in Wonderland, only not just big, but fat like the Pillsbury doughboy!!!). When I woke up after one of these dreams, I thought I was STILL big like that, and when I went to get up out of the bed, I was moving like the doughboy would move - very slowly and ponderously. I can still remember the relief I would feel when I realized that it had been a dream, and I was still at maintenance weight. Gotta wonder what Freud woulda thought of that one, eh?

Amazing, isn't it, how important food is to us - so important that we actually dream about it?

THIS TIME - finally - I am eating in a very healthy way, drinking lots of water, and losing weight at a couple of pounds a week instead of the very rapid weight loss I had with the low/no carbs. I know that some people have wonderful results with Atkins (I did too, for a long time) but I think that once you hit the maintenance stage, you have to figure out a healthy diet for yourself, and stay within the calorie range that your body needs to maintain for the long-term. Just a few cent's worth from a life-long dieter who's back on the wagon for the LAST time, I SWEAR! (I'm also exercising daily, which is a REAL bit of progress for sedentery ole' me!).

Incidentally, 3FC ROCKS!!!!!! I get so much help just by reading the posts and seeing that people have the same challenges that I do - and those before and after pics! Omigawd!!!! If that doesn't motivtae me, nothing will!!!! Congrats & kudos to all of you who have reached your goals, and attagirl/guy to all those working to reach them!

Have a great day, all!!!

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

My favorite diet dream - I dreamed I was in a house and the walls were made of sugar cookies. I was happily eating the walls. It's just weird, I like sugar cookies but they are far from my favorite cookies. I wish the walls had been brownies or chocolate truffles.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I dreamt that I picked up my entire chocolate birthday cake and held it out from my mouth and ate the entire thing. I dreamed that I had gained 10 lbs. overnight from the cake.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:14 PM   #9  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

I haven't dreamt food since I was 18 and on my first backpacking trip ever...it was the 24-hr solo portion, and that happened on something like day 8 of the trip, and we hadn't brought any meat (getting our protein in other ways since meat's heavy). I napped by the creek and dreamt of orange chicken from Panda Express, and of a massive meat-topped pizza, with pepperoni and sausage and salami and bacon on it. As a side note, when I returned home, my first meal after the trip was over was a massive double-western burger from Carl's Jr, and I loved it.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 152/140/130

Height: 5'5"

That's happened to me too - and I wake up so angry with myself, not quite realizing why, until I realize it was just a dream!
Janie Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:26 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

This happens to me all the time! I'll dream that I totally pigged out and then I wake up relieved that it was only a dream...phew!
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

This happens to me quite frequently, as recently as last night. I dreamt I ate doughnut after doughnut, and with each one I gained a lb. It's kind of an upsetting dream actually. I'm eating but not enjoying it because it's making me fat.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote