Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2001, 06:13 AM   #16  
deleted2

Dodged another bullet! I baked over 600 cookies yesterday and I had to taste one, so I took one BITE and threw the rest of it away. It was quite good but not worth breaking my streak for.
Do I long for those days when I'd sit down with a plate of cookies and eat them until they were gone and feel miserable and worthless? No thank you!!!!!!

Eydie

Old 11-15-2001, 10:29 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Default 158 and marching downward

I didn't have a perfect day yesterday, but I did make it to the gym. When I went out to dinner my friend and I split a meal. That saved some right there. After I had 2 slices of my husbands quesadilla, but still ended up with around 1300 calories.

I am feeling really good on the exercise front and with eating. It seems like once you get started for real it is easier to keep with it.

I ended a good day today with 925 calories. It is funny with how impossible that seems sometimes and other days it is a peice of cake.

Last edited by morrigan; 11-16-2001 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-15-2001, 01:33 PM   #18  

hello all. congrats on the continued good work by you all!
things seem to be slipping here-i was off my meds for a few weeks as i couldn't get them refilled, so my depression has started creeping back. i am not letting it get too far, and i am back on my meds, but it's enough to make me lazy. my eating is still doing pretty well, so that's good. that's usually the first thing to go, so i guess this isn't as bad as it seems. i have been missing the gym, but every night i have been doing some yoga/stretching/misc. exercises, so i'm getting something in. things seem to be getting more and more stressful by the hour, but i'm not responding with food-i guess i've learned something!
take care, and keep up the good work
Old 11-16-2001, 12:37 AM   #19  
Empress/Queen

Default New streak again ...

... tomorrow!

Just really eating a lot since I'm recovering from crazy virus, but not too worried. It's merely a blip ... as in the "Chuck" TV commercial from a year or so ago (an anti-smoking campaign). In that commercial, reformed smoker Chuck tells how he went for longer and longer nonsmoking periods between "blips" of losing control ... blip, blip, blip, and then, he said, finally he got it!

I'm 99 percent certain I've told that story previously on this board, but I like it and it bears repeating. IMO, life (and weight managment) is all about "blip, blip, blip" ... until one day we just "get" it.

Onward, downward! And, I'll just say good-night, Gracie.
Old 11-16-2001, 08:22 AM   #20  

Default 157!

The first week of dieting is alway so nice because the weight just comes off faster. I know it is probably 1/2 water, but it sure is much nicer to see that scale moving down. I was 161 on Monday morning and today am 157. I am going to keep motivated and work hard until I can fit comfortably in all my size 10 clothes. I figure about 20 more lbs will do it.

Godess: Way to go dodging all those cookies. That is one thing I know I couldn't do. I had dreams last night about chocolate chip cookies.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:24 PM   #21  

It is a good thing that I gave away my candy money. I would be using it today if not. I am trying to console myself by drinking lots of water. But water doesn't satisfy a sweet tooth, it just make your bladder full.

I have been good so far except for a mini chocolate covered toffee crunch thing.
Old 11-16-2001, 03:37 PM   #22  
deleted2

Exclamation ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!!!

I AM REBORN!!!!
I want everybody to know that I have a new username now---I used to be Goddess and now I have the humbler name of Eydie. I've been wanting to change it for awhile because I gotta tell you, Goddess is something to aspire to but I always felt a bit sheepish about it!

So I haven't abandoned you, I just have a new name!

Old 11-16-2001, 09:52 PM   #23  
Empress/Queen

Angry What day is it?

Don't ask me! I can't get back on a streak at all since I had the virus. I'm feeling good and doing market research all day and interviewing for newsrooms and trying to find freelance and all of this is making me VERY hungry! I'm still doing reasonably well with eating and exercise but way off where I want to be and not willing to pressure myself or I will eat a house. So for the remainder of the Thanksgiving season, I'm just going to do the best I can calorie-wise, continue my journal and exercise each day. Guess that's a NEW new streak. Day One; concept: Make an effort!!

Eydie: I had just reread this thread and thought I'd mistakenly posted back there to Goddess about the white chocolate/cranberry cookies when it was Eydie who'd made them. Lo, your last post cleared up the confusion in my aging brain. I shall miss the Goddess, though!

I used to be a goddess, but now I'm a crone! Not sure what comes next, but looking forward to it.

Downward!
Old 11-17-2001, 06:58 AM   #24  
deleted2

Crone, It was really funny when I posted on the Alternative board and some of the pagans would say that they talked to the Goddess about this or that and everyone thought they had talked to me! Unfortunately, actually fortunately, I don't wield that kind of power. So this'll surely clear up any confusion.

Old 11-17-2001, 09:50 PM   #25  
Empress/Queen

Default Another day ...

More calories!

Still overeating, but tomorrow is another week, so hope to get all calm and controlled. Hoping for a happier week!

Edyie: I'm just happy to know I got the white chocolate/cranberry baker right!

Regarding the power of the Goddess (in whatever form we individually perceive that to be), IMO, every person has a share of that within them!

I'm thinking right now that I can maybe tap into some of that power or vision of my goddess component to get control of my food cravings and continue to build the physical image of the self I want to be.

Everyone is doing so well. Is there going to be a Christmas challenge mounted soon? (Isn't it Thanksgiving yet?)
Old 11-18-2001, 06:32 AM   #26  
deleted2

Crone, speaking of your inner Goddess---remember "power charge"? I actually use that! Makes me feel really powerful and there's nothing I can't overcome!

Dare I say it now? I've gone 30 days on my streak and I don't want it to end. I have to do a reception today and I hope I can resist my food--especially when I get those 'stage fright' jitters before I serve it. I'll just have to gorge on the crudites, I guess!

I think a Christmas challenge is essential! Lots of bullets to dodge coming up and I love hearing about what strategies everyone uses. Might pick up a new trick or two!

Old 11-18-2001, 08:48 AM   #27  

hey all!
i was thinking about a new challenge, too. how about we go ahead and make it for new year's eve? it's only one extra week past xmas....
i feel that i am doing all right; i suppose the scale will tell on tuesday.
take care
Old 11-18-2001, 11:32 AM   #28  
Empress/Queen

Default Power Charge!

Yup, I remember it, Edyie! I still use it, too. Hi, all! I'm up a whole 2.5 pounds today but feel really good and have started my personal ***RED & GREEN QUEEN CHRISTMAS SEASON INITIATIVE!*** I'm setting my goals from week to week and day to day through Christmas and attempting to stick to them, hoping to lose this extra weight by Christmas or maybe New Year's as Sychie suggests, but again, while I will post the ups and down, I don't post my exact weight goals, as it sets me up into a negative place.

My birthday comes soon after New Year's and I've decided that while I like being The Crone with her wisdom (hah!), I am not ready to let go of The Queen with her power (not to mention her fantastic if somewhat mature Amazonian physique). I am sitting here looking at one of those little statues from Hallmark. It says:"It's Best to be the Queen!" I bought one of these for a friend last year and recently got another for myself for some reason. Now I know that it is the symbol of my new fitness challenge.

I know that the coming year is one where (once again) I am going to try to figure out my life, solve it like a puzzle and see where the pieces are supposed to go. I am always trying to do this; I'm told it's neurotic, but who cares!

I know that when I am in control of weight and health, my whole life is better. I work better, feel better, think better. So I've got to get this weight down again ... going for 10 pounds by New Year's (but, as you know, I will settle for less). That's less than two pounds a week, so it's healthy and doable.

So when everyone has decided what the new holiday challenge is going to look like, may I join in with my ***RED & GREEN QUEEN CHRISTMAS SEASON INITIATIVE!***?

BTW, the red and green refers obviously to the season, but I also firmly believe in a loose/tight pattern of control, so red connotes control and green ... you get the picture.

I think I need a new journal for this new game, so am off to get it.

Power Charge!
Old 11-18-2001, 09:50 PM   #29  

Default still holding at 157, but back to day 1

I like the idea of a New Years Challange. Especially since that week between the two Holidays is always an especially tough time.

I had a really bad food day Saturday but was good today and was still 157 when I got up this morning.

We had orientation at our ski resort today. I had such a nice time seeing everyone again. They talked a lot about safety. And considering my knee cost them 40,000 dollars last year - I got pointed out a lot. Mostly because my husband was doing the talking and he is the safety director for the resort. Workplace injuries don't just affect the workers - they are really hard on the spouses too.

I had lots of people comment how great I look and a good job on keeping off the weight I lost (I didn't tell them I am working on losing the 15 lbs I have gained back). After everything was over at 3:30 a friend and I hiked to the top of the mountain by trail and walked back down via a cat track (dirt road). We didn't get back until after dark. We don't have any snow yet (we are usually open by now) so the hiking was on dirt. It was so beautiful with a crescent moon and shooting stars. We saw a snowshoe hare (who thought it was already winter considering it was starkly white contrasting the fall colors). It make me more resolved to get in shape for the upcoming ski season. I wish I could get my exercise everyday by hiking rather than avoiding the gym like I usually do. We went hard for 2 hours and never once got the bored syndrome that affects me everytime I am on the treadmill or stationary bike.

It got me thinking about exercise in general. I need to make it fun to buy into it. Tomorrow I am going to the gym, but I am going to make an effort to do more outdoor stuff while the light holds. I am going to Long Beach (WA) for the weekend and can't wait to get my workouts in by walking down the beach and hiking in the dunes.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:08 AM   #30  

Default 158.5 this morning

I guess Saturday (and the bowl of ice cream before bed last night) caught up with me again.

I am starting on day one again :sigh: The good news is that I am feeling much more confident on the exercise front. I read an article (page 78 of November's self magazine) that had a 6 minute exercise program (strength stuff) that in a 4 month YCMA study the group lost 4 lbs and increased their strength by 25%. This will certainly not be the only exercise I do. I still am going to go to the gym and stuff. But I am hoping it will help.
Closed Thread