Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 10:28 PM   #16  

Hello

I couldn't get in here earlier and it sounds like I wasn't the only one. I could get to the home page and all the others but not the boards.

I've got a headache starting now so this will probably be short. I want to go lay on the couch for awhile and read before I go to bed. If I can stay awake, that is.

Skeeter, I asked an online friend if she'd ever heard of having that burning and stinging I've got in my legs and she said she has it and was told it was from Fibromyalgia. My Dr told me I have fibro so I'm guessing thats what it probably is. Hopefully the vioxx helps that to. Its been pretty good today. I'm glad you had a blast this past weekend. We all deserve to do that on occassion even if it screws up our food plans. I didn't get on the scale either. I just keep forgetting it. I was going to put a taebo tape in the vcr today but the guy came to eel out our sewer lines and I forgot about it. We were having water backing up and the toilet didn't want to flush. It seems ok now. I couldn't even take a shower yesterday. I felt cruddy today. I love the shower gel I use (Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon, yum, smells so good) and I really look forward to using it.

Jen, yes, the Dr mentioned that the tingling and burning could be related to my back. I've had a spot on my left shoulder blade that has been numb and burns and tingles since 1985. The first time I felt it, I thought someone poured ice water on me and it started the first night of a data entry job. Not one Dr I've mentioned these numb spots and the tingly spot I've got has ever seemed all that concerned about it so I assumed I shouldn't worry about it. They all are more concerned about my weight than anything. I'm going to do some more checking into Fibromyalgia and see if that goes along with it. Congrats to you for losing 1.5 lbs. Thats great.

Tobey, I was a little freaked about her taking the blood from my wrist but it seemed so much easier for me and her and it hurt less to. She couldn't even feel a vein in my elbow area on either arm. I think they hide when needles are near. I'm glad you had a good time with your BIL. I have a BIL that I didn't meet till we were married for 7 years. He had been missing for 11 years and no one knew where he was. He didn't call home till he needed money go get out of trouble. He stays in contact now and we know where he is but he still calls his mom for money.

Marlana, You must of have a ton of nuts to shell. Sounds like a lot of work to me. I think I'll just keep buying them already shelled from the grocery store. I think I'm just falling apart lately, Marlana. If these symptoms I'm having is from fibromyalgia, theres so much that goes along with that condition. To much to worry about tho. Wow, you are doing so good losing weight. I'm really happy for you. your right, you are

Well, I've got to get off here and relax a little bit. Take care everyone. I'm not sure which avatar I'm posting.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:25 AM   #17  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning My Friends~~I'm feeling good this morning...no more walnuts today...I even got the yard mess I made cleaned up. I tell you sometimes we just have to make ourselves do things and as a result we feel good. I have no nails this morning, I cut them off short last night. I got them stained with the walnuts so they had to go. I'm going to let them breath for a couple of days before I put some tips on. Ladies I want to share with you a free program I got on my puter a couple of days ago. It stops those pop up adds from coming up. The only problem, if it is a problem...is when you go to a site and maybe click to see a close up of a picture it won't let it come up. But it also tells you how to get by that. I like it. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I will leave a private message for you with the link or send by email. I don't want to put the link in here because they have pop up adds.

Tobey~~I thank company can be so tiring on the host. After all your the one that is responsible for makeing the feel at home and for the food. I'm glad you enjoyed the visit though. I'm so proud of you, even with company you got in your exercise. GOOD GIRL!!! Yes I did get a tooth filled, and this morning the darn thing is hurting...grrrrrrrrrrr I have to get another one filled on the 3rd of Dec. When do you start getting your work done. Yes I have done well on my diet this time, too bad that it is weight that I've lost before, but I pray I won't ever have to lose it again.

Jen~~How are you doing, only a couple of days until you go to the hospital. Your in my prayers girlfriend. I'm sure you'll be fine. And I know you'll feel much better when it is all over with. Glad you got a few days off too before you had to go.

Skeeter~~I didn't have any problem getting into the site yesterday, and I was in there two or three times. I tell you when we can't get in we almost panic don't we. I can't stand to be without my computer at all. It is a big part of my life. Girl right now I'm feeling something I haven't felt much of in my life, I'm hungry!!!! I always eat something before I got hungry before. I don't know what I'm going to do today, except maybe clean house. I love that you know!!!!!!!!!!

Jo Jo~~Don't even mention sewer, fear runs all over me when I see or hear that word. Been there done that, and not long ago. Hope you got yours working. One time when I was in hospital to have elbo operated on,(I broke it) They tried and tried to get a vain, on the back of my hand, in the top of my foot finally had to call a nurse from another floor and she got it the first time. I had already told them to call the dishwasher, they could do a better job. That hurts when they dig around. I'm so sorry about all your health problems, I hope you can get straightened out soon. I hate to hear you have fibromyalgia, I have heard that can be very painful. Is there a cure for it?

I'm going to get out of here and take care of this hunger I'm feeling. I plan on having a perfect day, I hope yours is too.
Old 11-13-2001, 09:23 AM   #18  

Good morning all

Not much happening here. I really didn’t want to drag my behind out of bed at 5:30 this morning – but managed it some how. At least the sun is shining and is supposed to be about 17 degrees warmer than yesterday. Yesterday I was wearing my ski jacket and gloves. Blahh! You would think I would be much tougher than I am – being Canadian and all. But I have to admit I HATE WINTER!!!

Jen: Congratulations on another loss. You have really got right back on track – that’s fantastic. We seem to have a lot of losers in our group lately! Good luck with your surgery on Thursday. I am sure you will feel a world better once it is all over and done with. Also look luck on your search with Home Healthcare. It will probably do you good to get out of the hospital. I have never had FF block cheese. You can’t find it here in Canada. Makes me wonder what is wrong with it. Canada had also banned Olestra – which is fine by me. We had friends come back from the US with a can of the FF Pringles made with Olestra. They were really gross and left a funny taste in your mouth. I have also heard that FF isn’t that good when you try to melt it. What does it taste like just on its own? I have taken to eating FF soy cheese. I have only found one brand that I like. Dh says it tastes too funny for him.

Skeeter: I was sick when I heard out about that crash! I just wanted to leave work and crawl under my covers at home. We have two friends that are flying to NY today. I can’t believe that they are still going! Sounds like you don’t have much family around either. The only relatives who live in the same city as us, is dh’s aunt, uncles and their 2 boys. It makes holidays very easy – we know that we spend every one with them, no discussions, no arguments, no scheduling. I have to admit I love it. However, going out to a restaurant can be fun too. We have started a tradition of going out for a nice, romantic dinner on Christmas Eve. The fun part is trying to find a nice restaurant that is open past lunch on that day.

Jojo: I can’t believe that someone could go missing for 11 years! I don’t know if I could ever forgive someone for that. Your BIL sounds a lot like my cousin. He is always asking for money (and getting it ) from our family. I don’t care if his mom is dumb enough to give it to him; it just bothers me when he does it to our grandparents. We used to be close when we were kids but have grown apart over the years. I would like to be friends with him but it is hard to be friends with some one you don’t trust and don’t respect.

Marlana: So the nuts finally drove you nuts? My nails are gone as well. I had been so busy that I just didn’t have time to go back and have them filled. So I thought I would let my natural nails grow for a bit – even thought they are so ugly! But I can now put on a necklace by myself. My BIL is actually perfect company. He is happy no matter what we do. He would have been happy if we just sat at home for the weekend and ate Cheerios! I had to get my exercise in to make for the other damage I did. Can you believe that I had a chocolate milk and sub at 3 in the morning?! My root canal is scheduled for December 19th – 2 days before my vacation starts. The good thing is that my boss has already said that if I am in pain the next day, just to call in sick. However, I am hoping I’ll be all right. Don’t think of it as losing the same weight again. Just think about this loss itself. You have done a great job. And you are not “dieting” you are just making some lifestyle change to become healthier. It is like giving up smoking. At least I find that thinking helpful for me.

Like Marlana I also plan on have a perfect day today too!

All the best to ya!
Tobey
Old 11-13-2001, 01:33 PM   #19  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Well my weekend was not as productive as it could have been. I just couldn’t motivate myself that much on Saturday. I did get the laundry done, a few stone moved and then when hubby left for work me and the kitties took a nap. Sunday was better, I used the exercise bike for 30 minutes and went to a Mary Kay open house and stocked up on goodies for another couple of months. I toped the afternoon off with some Christmas and grocery shopping. The find of the day was for me, an Eddie Bauer outlet just opened in Fredericksburg and I got a skirt for $3.50 and another for $14.99 and it was a Size 12! I almost didn’t try it one cause I’d just tried a 14 and couldn’t even get it zipped.

Weight-in was not good, but not a surprise either considering how bad I’ve been the last two weeks. I was up a pound, but I’m not worried or upset. I’ve already got myself back OP and it plus more will be gone next week. It looks like next week will be our last @Work meeting. Can’t seem to get 20 people willing to sign up. Can’t blame them really given the uncertain job situation around here with the merger. So, if we don’t get enough the rest of us have decided we are going to pick a meeting time during the lunch hour and car pool so we can continue to give each other the support we know we need.

Well, I’ve got to get back to work, trying to clear my desk off since I’m taking next week off. Marlana and everyone else who loss this week CONGRATULATIONS!

Marybeth
241/190.4/160
Old 11-13-2001, 07:15 PM   #20  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: I just can't seem to fine time to get on this computer! After work , after making dinner, helping the kids with their homeowork I'm exhausted. Tomorrow will be my first weigh in after 1 week in tops. I was good some days, bad some. So I don't think I will have a big loss.

I haven't tried the orange fluff but I will. It sounds yummy. I hope you ladies have a good evening.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:08 PM   #21  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I got started early this morning and got both of my dogs groomed today. I usually work about 4 hours a day and take two days to do that job. It just went really smooth today and I finished. I hate that job but not as much as taking them to town to have it done.

Marlana~Well I'm glad that you got finished with all those walnuts. That turned into quite a project. I'm sure you will get into something else immediately cause you aren't one to sit around for long. I used to sit and read for long periods of time but can't seem to do that anymore since I quit smoking. I can only read for short periods of time before I find myself getting up and moving around. I make up for it when I go to bed though because I fall asleep every night reading.

JoJo~I was going to tell you that I have heard of several people with fibro describe that same kind of ailment. A friend of mine has found a product that works to relieve the pain though. It can be purchased online and I will get the site for you. I have two different friends that have found relief with this stuff. I got on this board yesterday and wrote to everyone and clicked on New Reply to post and got the message of page unavailable. I kept getting it for hours after that until just before I turned this thing off for the night. That's so aggravating.

Tobey~I think that hubby and I are going to start walking our dirt forest road again starting Monday. The first 9 days of deer season is a little crazy around here so we are waiting until it gets a little calmer. My husband has had a heel problem for a while now but it seems to be getting better. The podiatrist x-rayed and said that it was an inflamed tendon in his heel and not a return of heel spurs as we feared. Anyhow, that also give his heel a few more days to get better before we start. The weather has cooled off enough now and I am ready.

Marybeth~It's too bad that you aren't going to have anymore WW meetings at work. I'm surprised that no one wants to sign up because you are such a good advertisement for that plan. At least there are enough to give you support there and make an interesting lunch hour too. Congratulations on making it to the smaller sizes.

Tammie~Good luck at your weigh in. Hang in there and keep tying and it will start coming off.

Well ladies, I hope thay you have a good evening. I think that I will watch some TV tonight.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:33 AM   #22  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I overslept Monday and then yesterday I couldn't get in here. Hope everyone's having a good day...or will; it's a bit early yet.
Jen, hope that everything goes perfectly tomorrow...we'll be thinking about you.
Mama, you got all the walnuts done? Now you're ready to cook! Are you doing anything special next week for Thanksgiving? We're having my mom over for dinner, but other than that, I think ours will be pretty quiet. Just finding a place to jam all the leftovers in the fridge all weekend, I guess! Jeff went to the doctor last week and his cholesterol is horrible, horrible. I think it scared him; now he wants to revamp his whole diet, which is a good thing for both of us, I guess. I have to shop this weekend and get some lowfat stuff. He's such a meat and potatoes person, this is going to take some work. I hear lots of complaining and whining in my future! You've done so good lately!! Congratulations to Mama!!!
JoJo, I have thought before that I had fibromyalgia, too. I read an article somewhere, and I had every one of the symptoms! I don't know if they come and go, or what, but I know it can be rather puzzling to the doctors. One of my friends at work has it, and she has good and bad days. Hope you're feeling better!
MaryBeth, I took the girls to a Mary Kay open house Saturday, too! Must have been the day for it. We came out of there with $90 worth of stuff...everything was so pretty on the holiday tables! Hope you enjoy that week off! I haven't had any time off since July, except for half a day when my littlest was sick....and that doesn't count! I'm looking forward to next week...only three days! A lot of folks at work take the whole week off, too.
Tamie, glad you can come and check in with us! I don't get much time on the computer anymore either, especially since I don't have internet at work anymore. I get more work done, though! I have to sneak in on the weekends, and I usually have a few minutes in the early morning before the mutts get going.
Skeeter, I am a proud betta mom now! We got three of them at Petsmart Saturday. I have a pretty dark blue with a maroon fin, and my oldest has a maroon with a navy fin, and my littlest has a real pretty pale pinkish one with maroon fins. We put their bowls close together once a day so they can see each other. I really like my little guy---his name is Finley. I will never take my Maltese to Petsmart to get groomed again, though....he's bald as a peeled onion! Poor little guy, he looks like a little rat. I knew he had some matting, but I don't think it was necessary to completely shave the little fellow. I couldn't exactly glue his fur back on though, after it was done. Jeff had a fit, so I don't think we'll be grooming there again. I may try doing it myself. Little Jeremy may have the Big Hair!
Lordy, I need to run, I'm going to be late again, and I was late once this week already! Tobey---Hi! I had something to write to you, and now I've forgotten already! Have a good one, though! I know I've missed some of you----didn't mean to! Love you all!!!
Have a wondermus day, and I'll see you tomorrow.
Oh, I lost almost 2.5 pounds at weigh in Monday, so I'm back around where I was before I gained.
Love you !
Sally
224/173.6/120ish
Old 11-14-2001, 07:40 AM   #23  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Hello all you Loser's~~That sounds bad, but I hope we can all be loser's. I was kind a lazy yesterday, I didn't get started until noon. I also noticed that I was obsessed with food a little more than I have been lately. I thank the two are tied together. It seems to be very important for me to keep my mind busy. I'm going shopping this morning so that will keep me busy for a few hours. I ate more than I should have yesterday, that's the bad news, but the good news at the same time was it was sf and ff food. I'm seeking improvement, not perfection.

Tobey~~It is so warm here we can hardly believe it. It gets hot in the afternoons. I used to by chips with Olestra, but I don't seem to be able to handle eating them, or at least just a little of them. I don't bring them in the house anymore, maybe later I can handle them, but not now. I learned how to do my own nails. I watched them do them a couple of times and decided I can do them myself. It's really not hard at all. I don't like the way when your nails grow out long they look yellow underneath, so I've been cutting mine off the last couple of times and useing the tips. They don't break as bad and they stay white underneath. I'm going to buy some new tips today. I bought the last ones at walmart and I didn't like them as well as the ones I got at the B. supply. Tobey everyone is on some kind of a diet. Diet is the food that you eat, it can be healthy or unhealthy. I choose healthy.

Marybeth~~I'm trying to keep myself motivated to get caught up on some of this stuff around here. It seems like we have more work to do here. Just today when I go to town I'm getting 3 fence post to replace in the chain link fence that the cows broke and a railroad ty to reset a corner. When that is done plenty of other things are waiting.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sorry to hear about your last @word meeting, that was pretty handy for you. Nothing ever stays the same does it? I wouldn't worry about the dap of weight you picked up this week, we all do that from time to time.

Tammie~~Trust me, that orange fluff can get you into trouble, it tastes like reg food. Sorry you are so short on time, we all need time just for ourselves. I hope you weigh in comes out better than you thank it's going to.

Skeeter~~Girlfriend, I ain't finished with the nuts, just the outside hulls. Right now I have them in a corner with a fan on them to dry. It will take about 2 weeks and then he will crack so many of them everyday and I set at night and pick them out. I'll be glad when they are done. I do more reading right here on this board than I've ever done anywhere else. Don't like to read. I had some problems with a foot a few years ago and Dr. xrayed it and I have a heel spur about 3/4 of and inch on it. How ever it stopped hurting me and hasn't hurt since. The doctor don't understand why it don't hurt. I'm just grateful it don't hurt anymore.

Sally~~You just stop laying up in the bed being a sleepy head and get in here and write to us.: Hubby and I, or at least I am going to Okla. City to take my daughter and grand daughter out for dinner. She has to work until 3:00 in the afternoon and hubby said "WE WON'T GET HOME UNTIL MIDNIGHT!" I told him he could go to his folks then, but I was going to Okla. City. He don't want to go to folks, dinner is at his brother's and they don't see eye to eye. I've got to where I do what I want too, and he can do the same. When the cholestrol gets up we humons seem to get an idea that maybe we should watch what we eat. I took the pills for 30 days, and now I'm not taking them for 30 days and going to have blood work again to see if I need to take the pills if I'm watching what I eat.

Time to go, I have a full day ahead of me. But I feel so lucky and blessed that I can go and I can still work and I have another day to live. I AM BLESSED! UALL HAVE A GOOD DAY, YA HEAR?
Old 11-14-2001, 04:53 PM   #24  

Hi All

Checking in a little later than usual today. Not much new here. I have signed up for 2 races in December. I will be doing a 5K on December 8th and either an 8K or 10K (haven’t made up my mind yet) on December 30th. Figured it would be something to keep me motivated to run all winter long. And give me an excuse to buy some winter running gear.

Mb: A week’s vacation – good for you! Any big plans? I went to an Eddie Bauer warehouse sale once (it wasn’t a permanent location). It was fantastic! I got some great deals. Sounds like you did too. I bet you look fabulous in those new skirts.

Tammie: Good luck on your weigh in. Fingers crossed for you.

Skeeter: Both pooches in one day – wow! They must have been very good little guys. Hope they got a treat for that one. An inflamed tendon sounds very painful, especially in the heel. It must be a beautiful time of year to be walking in your area.

Sally: Congratulations on the loss! It didn’t take you long to get back on track. I bet running around after your wee ones (and the big one) in the morning burns some good cals. Especially if you oversleep!

Marlana: I know what you mean about keeping the mind busy. I am very bad for boredom eating. That has always been my downfall. Hot afternoons …. Ahhhh I don’t even remember what they feel like. I am now just happy on the days that I don’t need my gloves and ski jacket! I’m impressed that you can do your own nails. I don’t think I have the patients to it. Oh well. Poor dh misses his back scratches though. I guess you are right about the word “diet”. For example I follow a vegetarian diet. I just really hate that word. Then again I also hate the word “slacks” but I still wear those.

Well guess I’ll end this here – I am just on my way out the door. Enjoy the evening!

Tobey
Old 11-14-2001, 06:03 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone,

I got busy working on the checkbook last night and never did get in here to post last night. The balance was better than I thought it would be so I think I'll be doing some Xmas shopping this weekend. I feel like doing some shopping for MYSELF but I'll refrain for now. I did buy a new chennille robe cause my other one is so ratty its about to fall apart. Dh wants me to throw the old one away but I'm not, not because I feel I can't, but just to bug him. I'm going to put it in the dogs house instead. I'm going to let him think I just can't part with it.

Marlana, your right, it does hurt when they are digging around for a vein for an IV. One time this nurse kept poking me and she wouldn't give up and she had me intimadated. I had big ole tears rolling down my face and she was telling me to quit tensing up cause it makes it harder for the needle to go in. She made me feel embarrassed because it hurt. How can you not tense up when it hurts!!! I still get mad when I think about it. Most nurses will only try a couple times and if they can't get one they call someone else to try. They've even called anesthesiologists to come in and get a vein on me. We have to have our sewer eeled out once or twice a year because of tree roots. If we could afford it, we'd have it all done over again but we have other things that are more important than that. Plus they have to dig up your yard to do it and I don't want to deal with that. OOPS, you told me to not mention the sewer and I did.

Tobey, yep, my bil was missing all those years. They had the FBI looking for him for awhile and they couldn't find him. I think they gave up after that. Some figured he was dead or in prison. He has never really gave the reason why he left and didn't contact anyone. My dh has a hard time being close to him which is understandable. My BIL is a nice guy but he has a problem with lying. So how many miles is 8K? It sounds way to far for me.

Marybeth. Wow, you got a heck of a good bargain on that skirt. Wish I could find bargains like that. I just don't do much shopping. Thats to bad your WW group won't be starting up again. Have you thought about going to a regular WW group?

Tammy, the Orange Fluff aka Dreamcicle Pudding is very yummy. Marlana is right, it does taste like regular food.

Skeeter, I'll have to check out this site for Fibromyalgia. I used to go there and read but then my symptoms stopped and I quit going there. There are so many symptoms connected to it. I was surprised. Things you wouldnt even think about. Apparently they were having problems with this site yesterday or the day before, maybe thats why your couldn't get your post to go thru. Hopefully this one posts ok cause if it doesn't I doublt if I do the whole thing all over again.

Sally, Check out www.fibrohugs.com. It has a lot of info about fibromyalgia on it. I am feeling better today. As long as I take the Vioxx, I don't have the stinging and burning until a few hours before its time to take my next dose and then the stinging isn't as bad as it was. So hopefully when I finish the two weeks of vioxx, the stinging will be gone.

Well, I think I replied to everyone. I've got to get going. Take care everyone and have a good night.
Old 11-14-2001, 08:46 PM   #26  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: I can't believe I'm here 2 days in a row! I lost 2.5 lbs at my first weigh in. Better than I thought I've been taking the dog out for longer walks these past few days. Can someone tell me how to start a new thread and to copy It's been awhile and I forgot!

STARKEEPER: you made me laugh about putting your old robe in the doghouse!

TOBEY: I think its great that you run and sign up for marathons. I wish I was more athletic .

MARLANA: I helped my mom crack walnuts a long time ago! It was hard work and their were worms when we took that green hull off! It took forever to get the nuts out of the shell. I'm glad you have the patience becausse I buy my walnuts at the store.

SALLY: oh, I love mary kay makeup it's the best!

SKEETER: grooming the dogs, I know that's not fun, I have a beagle and he hates being groomed.

Well, my times up Gotta help with the homework.
Old 11-14-2001, 09:45 PM   #27  

Hey gals. I don't have enough time to respond to everyone today. I had school today, all day, and then I had to hurry home and get some stuff done (like get stuff out of the basement, change the furnace filter, shovel up dog poop, etc!!!) before I have surgery and all the restrictions that go with it. I can't wait to get it all overwith! I'm probably not going to be in for a couple of days, but I'll get back soon. Of course I may post 12 times a day, I'll be bored out of my mind! Talk to you all soon!

Jen
Old 11-15-2001, 05:56 AM   #28  
American Chick!

Hey Ladies,
I'll start #116 if I remember how....see you there!
Sally
Closed Thread