Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:54 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default It looks like he's coming around

Because I'm starting to feel better after my severe diverticulitis attack, I decided to reward myself with a haircut (over 4" gone), color and getting those pesky "stray eyebrows" that keep popping up on my chin removed.

boobalah looked at me and remarked that I'd really taken some positive steps in my health. He's been complaining that he's putting on weight while I'm losing. (Granted, it was only 1 lb and 1" last week, but it's still 1 lb and 1" that is not attached to me any longer).

He says he needs to incorporate some physical activity.

I'm back to my WATP dvd workouts. I had to start back at 1 mile, but that's OK. I'll be up to 4 miles soon. Then on to the 5 mile one with the weights soon.

He's done something to his ankle. I'm not sure what. I think he may have torn a ligament or something. Since he has a penis, I know he won't go to the doctor until he can't stand it any longer. Why are men that way?

He was telling me that I should not go for bike rides until I got into better shape. I told him that riding a bike is one way to get into shape. I'm not considering riding in a race or marathon. I just want to ride for a few miles. I got an odometer and started riding!

I hope he's serious about this. He started making dinner in a different way to accomodate me (complaining the entire time). I told him that I'd make my own dinner if it bothered him that much. He's seeing some results in my skin and attitude. I'll be the first to say that it's hard to see the difference in someone's body when you live with them and the results are gradual. However, he's noticing other things and wants to make some improvements.

I hope he will continue to have this attitude. I'd love to move my dvd from the back room and put it in the living room and work out together. 1 mile takes about 20 minutes. (Get the ankle better, boobalah!).
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:45 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
Because I'm starting to feel better after my severe diverticulitis attack
And here I've learned more about this just today than I ever thought I would. In fact...I'd never heard of it before today. But hubby was just diagnosed with diverticulosis. So we did some reading on the subject.

I couldn't get MY hubby to exercise a day in his life. Hard enough getting him to eat better. So since we KNOW he won't incorporate more fiber into his diet, we picked up Fiber Source and he's going to use that to supplement.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:12 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostheaven View Post
And here I've learned more about this just today than I ever thought I would. In fact...I'd never heard of it before today. But hubby was just diagnosed with diverticulosis. So we did some reading on the subject.

I couldn't get MY hubby to exercise a day in his life. Hard enough getting him to eat better. So since we KNOW he won't incorporate more fiber into his diet, we picked up Fiber Source and he's going to use that to supplement.
How was he diagnosed? Was he in pain?

Be careful with adding a fiber supplement. Use a little bit at first.

Ask the doctor a ton of questions. He's in for the long haul. This doesn't go away. I had a bout in 2001. I went for years with a minor twinge here and there and the twinges went away. This last time they/it were/was not going away without some serious meds.

No nuts, seeds or popcorn. I wish there was a group about this in the obstacles forum.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM   #4  
Dieting Diva

I am so happy to hear about the haircut and the trim ! You must feel better: four inches is "big hair" !
Boohbah must be proud of you as he trying ( although whining). My viking ogre has not issued any statements on my weightloss, but did give me a slight thumbs up sign when I told him about the 30 pounds.He has similar problems about health issues and not seeing a Dr.
I think the ogre is 260-270 pounds now. I dare bring the scale into the bathroom as the weight issue for him is "verboden". I think he wants to do something about it, but is stuck in his rut eating junk during the day.
I really wish I knew what the ogre thinks about WATP. He stares at the screen when he passes through the room.He was puzzled about the one pound cans of pumpkin I started out with, but figured it out when the 4 pound weights appeared.
Maybe you just need to ask him to walk with you for company.
Both Mare and I are living proof what 20-50 minutes a day with Leslie can do ~
Oh !Do give Boohbah a big hug cause he is trying. !

Last edited by sirak; 03-26-2007 at 08:41 PM.
sirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Oh he hasn't had any symptoms. He only found out because he's over 50 and had his first scheduled colonoscopy this morning. Oh what fun. Better him than me. But I'll tell ya, if you ever wanna diet, drink that gallon of crap they gave him to drink last night. LOL

They didn't say anything about any complications with it, just that he needs to get his fiber up. I did tell him to start easy on the Fiber Source, though he'd already used a tsp. of it tonight. They may be in for it at work tomorrow. The nurse gave me a list of things to increase his fiber and I kept shaking my head, nope...won't eat it, nope...can't stand it, nope...you gotta be kidding. The only things were nuts and beans. And we have TONS of peanuts. Literally. My parents had like a case of them and pawned them off. But he barely eats them. I'm thinking of fixing some beans tomorrow though.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote