Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2001, 06:09 PM   #16  
Progress..not perfection

Hello Everyone.

Was at a Weight Watchers meeting several months ago.....(of which I have already quit) and wrote down this website as one to go to for inspiration. Cleaning out my purse, I saw it on the back of my notebook & decided to check it out. The topic of the group sounded like me in a nutshell, so I decided to enter. Sometimes it seems like you are the only one in the world in the battle and fighting the bulge, and then you read things like this & you think, "Wow......it's not just me." Kinda hard to read with blurry eyes if you know what I mean.
Not really ready to talk a whole lot about myself right now, but thought I would at least say hello so I wouldn't feel like such an intruder. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:14 PM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Default WELCOME !!!!!

Welcome Tina !!!!

We are sooooo happy you chose our group to join in with. We love newcomers.
I can relate to not posting a lot in the beginning. I did the same thing. I only read for months I think. Finally I decided to start a group for those weighing over 300 like myself. I started a new thread.
Now at the same time Susie had the same idea. She started this thread. So I jumped in here figuring it doesn't matter who starts one...as long as there is a place for us to come and unite. We are sooo glad you are here.
I hope you don't wait as long as I did before you start posting more. The sooner the better. In the begining you can talk about us until you get more comfortable talking about yourself. We can all relate to each other.

I want to thank EVERYONE for your support and congratulations for my victory at the pool. It is truly appreciated.

Michelle.... I will think of you from now on when I am swimming and I will remember you are out there with me not only exposing our LEGS !!!!! ... but also our heart and souls. I don't know if "normal" people can even comprehend the price we pay emotionally to improve our bodies in front of them. I am equally proud of you too.

Brenda.... thanks for mentioning a food diary. EVERYONE I know who keeps a food diary seems to do very well on their food plans. It helps keep us honest... and shows us when we are lacking in the fruits and veggies or water.

Malia.... thanks for the gold star and hats off to you. That was so sweet of you. There is an old saying that "Wisdom comes with age"...... but I would rather be young, skinny and dumb myself.

Jen... you have a load to carry. Oooppss ... that came out wrong.
I mean you have a lot of stress in your life now.
Just remember.... when you eat over a problem... you then have 2 problems.... so don't use food to get through these tough times. I know it is hard... but focus on what you have to be grateful for. Repeat it over and over in your head and aloud.
Were you here when I told of the God CAN. Put your problems in that coffee can and let go of stress of trying to control the uncontrolable. If you don't know about the can... you will be sitting here saying... " what the heck is she talking about?" LOL

Lynne.... I am marking my calendar for Jan 21st and I expect to see you back then. You are under a lot of pressure yourself right now. The food will be even more sneaky.... trying to slip back into your life. Keep your guard up... don't let them back into your new lifestyle. We wiill see you in Jan. Don't forget the photos.

Thin..... you have not been here since you started this page. Come in and touch home base again. You know you do better when you post. Even if you are doing bad... we want you here.!!!

Andria....I have always felt we are connected in spirit. You always know and feel just what I am feeling. I hope you feel the love I have for you. I can see you have your hands full too. I wish I could come give you a hug.
I spent 3 years parenting alone while my husband worked out of town most of the time. It can be hard. I know I sound like a broken record... but "postive affirmations" WILL help you through this. It will help us all. Tell God one time what the problems are... then.... only thank him for working on your problems from then on. Alwasy AFFIRM that they are being solved and you will wait for the solutions. Don't affirm the problems... affirm the SOLUTIONS. You don't have to know what the solutions are... only that you know they are being solved.

Here I go... getting on that darn soap box again. What can I say except that I CARE. And these affirmations have worked for me and I KNOW they can work for you too.

well.. I am out of here. I was only going to welcome Tina... and instead I have written a novel.
Andria... you said in your post that your life was going down the toilet. So.... this photo is for you.
Old 11-09-2001, 08:15 PM   #18  

Speaking of solutions......

If you have a problem with giving up desserts on your diet.......

Eat them as appetizers instead.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-09-2001 at 08:18 PM.
Old 11-10-2001, 01:10 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm so glad to see you are all here even though I can't seem to get it altogether and be here regularly right now. I have been so busy with jobs and report paperwork that I'm swimming and darlings, it ain't in a pool of water!!!

I wanted to find a new avatar to replace the devil as 2cute suggested and woe and behold I did. But it's too big for the slot. There must be a way to shrink them, but I don't know what the magic formula is, so for now, the devil will have to do.

2cute: Honey you are one brave lady and I am sooooo proud of you! You must have been saying, 'I want to be thin, more than I care what these people think' and bully for you! You go girl and don't let nothin' stand in your way!!! [[[hugs]]]

Andria: Wow, the job business has really got you going. I'm glad your knee is healing and at least hubby has found work and your job seems stable. It is rare these days when you find an employer that gives a darn, so lucky you!!

Malia: Yikes! A Christmas tree already!!!!!! As cute as it was, I just can't get my head wrapped around the fact that Christmas is only 6 and a half weeks away. Thanks so much for the reminder!

Lynne: I just can't believe you are going to leave us, just when we want all the details of how the wedding goes and all. But I can certainly see (from my lack of time to be here) how you would find yourself stressed adding a visit here to your already overloaded schedule. You better be back in January though, or we'll be coming to get you!!!

Michelle: Wow you've banked alot of points this week. I hope you enjoyed your dinner out. With all that in the bank you'll be fine no matter what you chose to have.

Jen: Sorry to hear you are so stressed. Friends of ours went through bankruptcy and it is not fun. My heart is with you. Dealing with kids and the flu and a husband who wants to join the service isn't fun either. I hope it all settles down for you real soon.

Brenda: That journal will do it every time. When I journal is the only time I lose. You would think that would make me always do it, but it doesn't. I need to work on the concept of 30 days to a new habit and just set my mind to doing it. Keep it up. You'll show great progress!

QueenB: Welcome! I'm glad you cleaned out that purse! This is a great place to make new friends and be in the company of folks who know where you are coming from. There are some really wonderful people on this thread who are not afraid of baring their souls if it will help another. I hope you will find yourself comfortable to join in soon. As 2cute said, if at first you need to be more about us, that's fine too until you get comfortable with sharing you. We here no matter what capacity you need us. [[[hugs]]]

Well girls, I think I got all of you. If I didn't, please forgive once again. I really am making a serious effort to get here. Good night all!

"The great thing about growing older is you don't lose all the other ages you've been." - Madeleine L'Engle
Old 11-10-2001, 11:17 AM   #20  

Good morning everyone. Not much has happened since I was here last so not much to post.
I just found this little fellow... and he looks scared to death. Not only is it nearing Thanksgiving.... he has also heard he is low fat and good to eat for people trying to lose weight. He is walking in dangerous ground being in here. LOL
I know he is getting his exercise today... running from us.

Thought we could all use a SMILE this morning.
Old 11-10-2001, 02:35 PM   #21  

Good morning,

Hi all and welcome QueenB. Everyone has touched base these past few days. It's great to hear from all of you. I admire you all have been dedicated to this effort through the stresses of life. I've been okay in the veggie dept but not the exercise. TOM is almost upon me and I feel lazy. But I'm trying to keep busy gardening.

I took the day off from work yesterday and it was very productive. I went upcountry to the dental hygenist and explored for a bit. I went up to my sister's and watched the fog roll in. It was chilly and very Christmas like. I came home and gardened a bit. Layed compose and tree bark chips to retain water. I did make my plane reservations to fly to Honolulu. Will spend the saturday after thanksgiving there. Will go to craft fairs and malls for christmas shopping.

Have a nice Saturday.
Malia
Old 11-10-2001, 04:04 PM   #22  

Malia.... I see you caught my turkey friend...
Old 11-10-2001, 04:45 PM   #23  

Hi everyone

Hope you are all ok , didn't do any exercise today as I have been doing it for 6 days and today is my day off

I have been doing ok regarding my eating today and am finding that my habits are gradually changing especially my eating pattern. I have always been a night muncher especially when watching tv, I did feel slightly hungry but just decided not to go and raid the fridge and the feeling passed, really weird for me Maybe, just maybe food is being put back into its rightful place for me and not just a panacea for all my emotions.

see ya

Brenda
Old 11-10-2001, 10:01 PM   #24  
Progress..not perfection

Good evening everyone

It's me again. I thought Iwould just probably read a little more & then start posting......but everyone seems so nice. I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I'm 31 years old. (will be 32 on November 12th) I have been married almost 14 years. (our anniversary is November 26th) and I have two boys. One is 13 and the other is 8. First of all, let me say, I have a WONDERFUL life except for the weight. My children are great and my husband is God sent. In all the time I have known him, he has always loved me just the way I am. He has never made me feel unattractive, or unloved. He makes me feel beautiful inside and out. I don't want to go on and on, but I feel that makes me very lucky because there are those out there who do not have the love and support of their spouse & it must be a terrible thing. I have always been blessed with someone that loves me just the way I am. But, it is ME that does not love the way I am. I have always been a little overweight, but not too bad until I had my children. As a senior in highschool, I wore a size 12-14 so really not that bad. About the same size as my left leg now.
But when I got pregnant with my first son, I gained 82 pounds and being very young (only 18) I guess I just never really thought about getting the weight off. It just didn't seem to be a priority with me and I gave in to all the food cravings that I had. When I had lived at home, I had always had a real big appetite, but my Mom was like a warden with the fridge and the portions, so she always kept me in line, so when I finally got out on my own, I guess you could say..... I just went hog wild.. Anyways, I stayed at home with the baby, watched the soaps and well, you can probably guess the rest. I did lose 60 pds on Weight Watchers one time, but then I just got pregnant again and gained it all back and then some. Since my second child, it seems like I have been yo-yoing up and down trying every diet plan.....shake....pills.......you name it and I've done it. Weight Watchers.......Formu3......Phen Phen.......Thermoslim.......Slim Fast.....starving.......whatever. Everytime I start out really well, and then just start floundering. I get so tired sometimes of being the way I am. I'm so scared I might die and leave my children. Life just hasnt been all that fun lately. My oldest has started wrestling and he wants me to come to his practices, but I'm afraid his other teammates will make fun of his fat mother and he will be embarassed . I would never want to hurt him like that or put him in a position to where he would have to defend me. Well, I guess I've already said too much. I just wanted to say a few words and I ended up writing a book. I feel like there's much more to say, but not tonight. I really like being able to talk about my feelings. Sometimes it's hard to talk to my husband about the way I feel, because he keeps saying "Why do you worry about it? Your perfect like you are." He tells me that he knows I will lose weight when I'm ready, but not until. He always encourages me when I try to lose weight, but I know after he's seen me try and fail all these years, it's probably hard for him to have faith in each attempt I make, since I seem to keep falling on my face. Anyways, I guess I've said enough for now & I will go to bed. Thanks for listening.

*Also.......how do you insert all those cute little pictures?
Old 11-11-2001, 02:37 AM   #25  

Here it is 1am... so it must be time for 2cute to post.

I just have more energy than I know what to do with I guess.
I think it has to do with the fact that my knees just won't let my body work off all this energy I have from being on program. I don't get enough exercise. I guess I am going to have to get old Richard out again and use up some of this energy. That or either clean house. LOL LOL Exercising is looking better by the minute.

Thinthinker.... you said I was brave.... I think desperate is more appropriate. There isn't enough bravery in this world to make me do what I did.
But...desperation.... now that is another story. I am not only desperate... I am determined !!!!!
After I was swimming for awhile I remembered your speaker saying he wanted to be slim more than he wanted that food. I guess I wanted to be healthier and mobile more than I cared what they thought.

Malia... it seems so funny you talking about craft fairs in Hawaii. I don't know why I think of those as only around here. I don't think of them on the coasts here either. Weird.
I know people come here and think we still live with out houses. LOL
I wish I could travel more. Since I was a teenager I always said if I ever lose this weight I am going to Hawaii as my reward. Maybe this time I really will.

Brenda.. you are doing FANTASTIC !!! You certainly deserve a day off. I am most successful with an exercise program when I never miss more than one day at a time. If I miss a day it is okay... but I then MUST exercise the next. That way even if I do it every other day I still get in at least 4 days a week.... usually more.

Tina... I am sooo happy your shared a little about yourself with us.
Your birthday is just around the corner. Happy birthday early.
Boy could I relate to your quote: "But it is ME who does not love the way I am." I think we can ALL relate to that one.
I used to hear people always say..."You have to LOVE yourself before you can change yourself". That would always leave me with such an empty, hopeless feeling inside because I did not and could not love myself. I had to start at a MUCH lower starting point. I started by just "accepting" myself. In fact... I started even lower than that. LOL
I started by saying.... well "maybe" I am worthy of love. That word "maybe" was my true first step to accepting myself.

I knew I was worthy of love concerning my kids.... I LOVED THEM SOOO MUCH. They were young and loved me unconditionally. But like you.... when they got older I started doubting my worthiness to be seen in front of their friends. If there is ONE THING I am grateful for today..... it is that I faced my fears and went to EVERY sporting event they had.

Tina... Your son "knows" how big you are and he still wants you to come. Don't disappoint him. I don't usally tell people what to do... but I feel very strong about this. YOUR SON LOVES YOU JUST AS YOU ARE.
I was ALWAYS the fattest person at every event I ever went to. And my kids didn't care. They cared MORE that I was there.
I will shut up now. Please forgive me for being so forth coming. I just really have strong feelings on this subject. I have been where you are now.

I hope I have not scared you away. I PROMISE I won't be so abrupt ever again. I have even considered deleting what I have written. But.... I just had to say it... I feel soooo strong on this subject. Again...please forgive me.

Well.... I think I have said enough for one night. Sometimes I wish I didn't care so much. I have overcome soooo much in my journey through life... and I don't want any of you making the same mistakes I have. But reality is.... we each have to live our own life.. our own way. So please excuse this overbearing old lady tonight. I think I need to just shut up and get off of here.
I truly love you all.
Old 11-11-2001, 12:28 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello ladies!!! And how is your Sunday going?

I have been doing fairly well here, but dinner out Friday night and Saturday night and my son deciding that Krispy Kremes would be a great breakfast food this morning and darn if they weren't still warm when they got here! Anyway, it has made Sunday be more of a concern. I have not gone to WW in 2 weeks because I was so imbarassed by gaining again. So I have done fairly well getting it back off, but am not quite there yet.

Malia: I bet Hawaii is just beautiful. I have always wanted to take a trip to Hawaii, but just haven't gotten there yet. Now I want to be thinner when I go there so who knows, I might never get there.

2cute: DETERMINATION is your middle name! You are doing so well, I'm so excited for you.

Brenda: 6 days straight of exercise! Good for you. Soon (from what I hear) it will be second nature and you'll miss it when you skip it.

Tina: Thanks for sharing yourself with us. I have 2 sons myself, one 20 and one 22. I was like a size 16 in high school and, like you, gained with each of my sons. ~~~~~~ I know, our weight is just one more thing we can blame on our kids. You know, like grey hair. You mentioned you gave up WW this time after a couple of weeks, can I ask why? If you're not ready to say, I'm not pushing, just curious. * I have to agree with 2cute (yet again) that your son wouldn't have asked you to come if he really didn't want you to be there. He loves you, and wants you to be a part of his life. You don't want to miss this opportunity, these years won't repeat themselves and stuff won't wait to happen until 'we get thinner'. * If you have pictures saved on your computer, when you're on the screen for entering a reply, when you're finished writing as you scroll down, before you get to where you submit the message, you'll find a spot that says 'Attach file'. You hit the 'browse' button and locate your saved file, open it and then it will appear in your post.

Ok, ladies, it's Sunday and that means Recipes. Where are you all? I'm gonna cheat because Syn sent me this recipe via e-mail and it sounds really good, simple (like you'd get anything difficult from me) and it would be really easy for portion control.

Stove Top Meatloaf Muffins
Servings: 12 estimated WW points per serving: 4

2 lbs. Ground Beef, 95% lean
1 pkg. (6oz) Stove Top Stuffing
2 eggs
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Mix all the ingredients together. Fill 12 muffin cups equally. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until done. Freezes well.

You know me, I'm going to try to lighten them further with Eggbeaters and maybe I'll even try the Morningstar Crumbles instead of the ground beef. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyway, I'm going to run for today. It is good to be back. I have really missed you all so much.

"I could not at any age, be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on. Life was meant to be lived. Curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 11-11-2001, 01:30 PM   #27  

Hi guys.
I have been working like a dog all morning. Actually it has been for the last 2 hours.
But boy am I exhausted. I am taking a 10 minute break to check in here and get my breath back. I am tired.

I am going to babysit my granddaughter in one hour and my house was not kid friendly if you know what I mean. Floors needed swept, carpets vacumned. She still tends to put things in her mouth. Plus... I had just not done a thing in a week around here.

Thinthinker... that Eleanor Roosevelt lady was pretty darn wise. She is always coming up with the best quotes. I just may have to read up on her more. And as far as you missing your WW meetings... what would you tell us to do if we gained???

Today is Soup and Salad Sunday. Mine isn't a recipe ... but it is sort of.
Anyway.... I tried something new and it was pretty good. Instead of using real spaggetti to make spagetti... I used bean sprouts.
It gave you the same texture and you felt like you were really eatting spagetti. In fact.... I didn't have a can of just bean sprouts (I am sure you can use fresh) so I used a can of CHINESE Vegetables. It had celery and other veggies in there.
LOL..... yes I made Italian spaggetti with chinese vegetable. I have always been a little weird.
Just thought you might be interested. I liked it. Use your own recipe for the sauce.
Like I have said many times before... I am not a cook.

Anyway... my food is going better than ever. I even "feel" skinnier today.
I have to admit... my clothes are getting really big on me. And yesterday I noticed in the mirror that my face is FINALLY looking slimmer too.

Well my 10 minutes are up. I am writing this off line and by the time I get it posted my husband will be hunting for me. I don't dare let him find me in here with you when I am suppose to be cleaning. I'm a little sneak. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-11-2001 at 01:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:00 AM   #28  

Okay... it was 12:30 this afternoon when I posted last and now it is after 12:30 in the evening and no one here.
Is this a sign that you are avoiding me?
I know I am a little windy in here. I promise to shut up if you guys will come back. P L E A S E !!!!!!

I am going to go ahead and start a new thread. I sure hope I see you all there. Don't post in this section. Go to 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #104

I feel terrible if I have ran all of you off.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-12-2001 at 02:03 AM.
Closed Thread