Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2001, 06:21 AM   #16  
American Chick!

Thumbs up

Morning Ladies,
I don't know what happened Monday...I came in and read and forgot to post. I had a senior moment, I guess. Then yesterday my Little Man was home; he tore a ligament in his leg and has a brace on it, so he didn't feel like standing all day at work, and propped himself and his brace in front of the computer and TV for the day. He limped off to work this morning. I hope it doesn't make the leg worse, but who listens to me??? No one in this house!!
I'm horribly depressed this week and can't seem to work myself out of it.....I GAINED weight last weigh in....I cannot stand to go in the wrong direction. I lost 49.6 pounds....almost 50. Almost. Then what do I do? Hah! Gain 1.5 pounds back. I think I will buy some tents to wear and join the circus as the fat lady. I'm so mad...can you tell?
I'm going to go and read some before I make everyone mad at me or depressed like I am.....do you all forgive me? I'll be better, I suppose. I'm just mad at myself, and now the holidays are coming up and it will be even harder! Yuck.
I'll be back tomorrow, if you'll let me come back!
Love you all,
Sally
224/175.9 /120ish
Old 11-07-2001, 07:58 AM   #17  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Mornin Girls~~I'm up and going already, and feelin good. Got to get the house work done before Brett gets here. My food was OK, but I had another day when I just wanted to eat all day. I didn't, but I sure wanted too. I hope the obsession is gone today. I'm going to spend most of my day outside working on walnuts. Brett can play while I do that.

Tobey~~The weather is so warm here. It's really a little to warm in the afternoons. But not to worry it will change. I want to you know that, that walnut cake hasn't touched these lips or tongue. It is so funny how my mind works, I know right now that I won't eat any of that cake. I pretty well know of a morning if I'm going to get through the day without a binge. Today, no I'm not going to over eat.

Skeeter~~Glad you had a good day in the woods. Hope hubby got enough knots to keep him busy for a while. Well I know now I have to have one of those fishes. So your going to have to send me complete instructions on how to feed him. I really can't tell you what is in the well water, it may be natural gas. What ever it is it comes all mixed up in the water when it is run, like in a tank and you can see it clear up, and kind a like steam comes off it until it is all clear. It taste like crap.

Jen~~Your doing great on you diet. Congrats on another 2 pound loss. I thank the worst part of any surgery is the waiting for it to get here. I always get so nervous. My gosh I just thought of something, I haven't had to have any surgery in about 3 years. I got into a habit almost one time of having surgery every few months. I had 4 in less than 2 years. Everything from a tumor in the female organs to a broken bone in my elbow, which gives me a lot of problems now. It seems to get a little worse as I get older. I broke it about 5 years ago.

Carol~~Boy we did do a lot of writing while you was gone didn't we? Glad your hubby has found a new job, and I hope it works out for him. I used to work part time in construction. Everything from working out a punch list, things that needs to be done before final inspection to doing a final cleaning. It's hard work. Sounds like school is keeping you very busy. And a big congrats on losing 4 pounds. You aren't for from your goal, that is wonderful.

Sally~~You was in early this morning. Sorry hubby hurt himself. If he's like mine he wants to talk about it all the time, and to be treated like a baby. Oh boy, depression, what a bummer. Been there done that. I which I could tell you how to pull yourself out of it, but I don't know. Is it that time of the month? Please don't get upset over 1.5 pound gain. That is something that will happen from time to time. That's not much more than a big glass of water. Now you just pick yourself up and move on. And it will be AUK during the holidays, we can stay on our food plans, we can. We can also let ourselves have something good for the big dinner. The secret is not to let that happen for several dinners. We love you Sally.

I can't believe how long it takes me to answer these post. I started at 5:30 and it's now 7:00. Gee does it take the rest of you that long? Well I'm off to meet my day head on. Have a good one everyone.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:59 AM   #18  

Good morning all.

Not too much to report today. I am getting ready for my BIL who will be coming for a visit. He managed to get a stop over in Toronto on his way home from San Francisco. He will be arriving on Saturday at 6:11 AM! Good thing we love ‘em. There isn’t that much to do – just make sure there are some fresh sheets and some general tidying. I also have to go and pick up some tickets today for a concert we are going to on Saturday night. It should be a lot of fun. I haven’t seen my BIL since the summer and dh hasn’t seen this brother in over a year! It is too bad that we only get two days with him.

Skeeter: Sounds like you had a great Monday. Guess you have to get as much of it in now before deer season. Squash soup (including pumpkin) is soooo yummy. It is a really thick soup and tastes like a heavy cream soup but ZERO FAT! That’s why I say it is worth the effort. Don’t worry about rushing dh. I will take one for February. Don’t think my mom could get much use out of it before then anyways. It is amazing how much change you collect – especially in Canada as we have $1 and $2 coins. We used to save our change in a glass jar but that was too easy to dip into. So a few weekends ago I bought the cutest piggy bank. He is huge and weighs about 5 pounds empty! I bought him at store that specializes in Adobe style furniture and accessories. In fact it is so nice I have him out in the living room.

Jen: 2 more! WOOHOO! Congratulations. I have just recently discovered using pumpkin for more than just pies. If you like winter squashes, which it sounds like you do, then you should like eating pumpkin as well. It is also so good for you. 1 cup of canned pumpkin only has 83 calories but has a whopping 7 grams of dietary fibre. Geese I sound like I work for the Pumpkin Advisory Board (if there is such a thing)

Boss: CONGRATULATIONS on your loss! That is so amazing! You are so close! Glad to hear that the play went well. Wish I could have been there to see it. If memory serves me correctly, you put on a production of “Harvey”. I have friends who are teachers and they said the parent/teacher conferences can be very draining. Hope you survive! So with Christ-giving, will you still have a celebration in December as well? It sounds like it should be a blast. A lot of work though! Glad to hear that your hubby is working.

Sally: Please don’t beat yourself up!! I have been there it isn’t worth it! Your body is probably just adjusting to its new weight and you will more than likely start losing again very soon. It is also possible that it was just water weight. Water can account for up to a 5lb difference. I have gone through this so please trust me when I say that everything will be fine. Just keep on doing what you are doing – DON’T GIVE UP!! Stay positive – how can you be depressed when you have lost close to 50?! Be proud. Don’t worry there is nothing to forgive you for. Look at me I got on such a rant that I almost forgot to say sorry about your hubby’s leg. That sounds so painful. What did he do to tear a ligament?

Marlana: You have had just the best attitude lately. You make me feel good after reading your posts. Glad to hear that you will get to spend the day with Brett. Sounds like it should be a good one.

Well back to work for me! Have a good one!

Tobey
Old 11-07-2001, 04:08 PM   #19  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Never made it in yesterday, sometimes Tuesday ends up being really crazy with WW and on of my team-mates left around 10AM for a sales meeting in Atlanta, so we were short handed and a little crazy. The good news is that even with being bad over the weekend the exercising must have paid off cause I loss 1.2-lbs. Now this is the third time I’ve tried to post today, for some reason our power keeps going out. The first time was for about 40 minutes and I was downstairs in the gym. And let me tell you it was very dark in there with no power. Lucky for me I was done and off the treadmill, taking a shower and getting dress in semi-darkness sure was different.

Ok, here’s my tip for getting through Thanksgiving Day. I attended the Fitness Seminar on Monday and this was our tip. First thing you want to do when you get up is EXERCISE – walk – ride your bike – anything for 30 to 45 minutes, or longer if you can. Then eat a LOW CARB. Breakfast. Snack the rest of the day till dinner on fresh vegetables and fruit that are also low in carbs. Drink extra water! If you normally drink 8-8oz glasses, added another 2, 1 before you exercise and a second after. Then eat a single serving of what’s offered for your Thanksgiving Dinner. [For Carol it would be her Christ – giving.] The theory here is that the traditional Thanksgiving Dinner is full of carbohydrates so you want to limit the amount of carbohydrates you eat before the dinner. This sure makes sense to me and I figure it’s a plan!

Tobey, I can’t wait to try your recipe, sounds so good and hubby and I are big soup eaters so this will fit right in to our rotation. I know what you mean about saving change. A couple months ago we started again. We use to do it and somewhere along the line fell out of the habit. We have an old gallon Baccari Rum bottle that we cut a slot in the top. Generally we end up with about $400 or more when its full. Another trick I learned for saving was to take what you save on coupons at the store and put it into your saving account. I don’t know if you now have banks in the grocery store as we now do in the states but it’s amazing how fast that grows!

Jen, Congratulations on another 2-lbs. loss! You are doing so well and are sure on track to meet the goal you set! I like your leaf raking plan…my is to let hubby do it. Yesterday, he said it took 2 hours to tune-up the blower before he could start, but he is now making progress its just that they keep falling.

Carol, A Big Congratulations on your weight loss you are doing so well and are so close to your goal. Sounds like things at school are keeping you busy and I’m glad the play was a success!

Sally, STOP THAT! That small of weight gain means nothing. You are doing so good and are still well a head of me in reaching your goal. You know, sometimes I think a small gain like that or staying the same is our body say, ‘hey I’ve got to adjust here…give me a break’ So, now that we have all told you not to worry or be depressed are you feeling any better? I sure hope so!

Marlana, Congratulations on your 3-lbs. loss! You sure seem to have turned the corner and are doing well again, I’m so happy for you! I’d love to have a black walnut tree! With all my holiday baking they would be wonderful!

Well, the computer has stayed up long enough that I might actually get this posted.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday and as it’s ‘hump-day’ Friday will be here before we know it!

Marybeth
241/189.4/160
Old 11-07-2001, 06:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Smile Leaf Hog

If you're sick of raking leaves, I've found the Leaf Hog by Black and Decker to be a miracle! You can blow all of the leaves into a central area w/ the Leaf Hog and then you can reverse the machine to suck up the leaves and mulch them into a bag.

If you're interested, here's a link to the product website:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/produc...ID=782_Sub_Web
Old 11-07-2001, 08:00 PM   #21  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

Whew.....We have been gone all day and I am kind of tired. I had my mammogram to start off with then a trip to my GYN to drop some info off so she can call in a new prescription for my hormones. Is anyone else out there dealing with formulary medications versus non-formulary. It amazes me at the things the insurance companies come up with to make things harder on us. Anyhow, we had to go to the mall also to pick up some T shirts that hubby had ordered and a new belt sander so he can get some more work done on the sticks. His antique sander finally died. We stopped for salads for lunch and then ended with grocery shopping.

Jen~WTG on losing another 2#. I was feeling bad that I didn't lose any this weigh in but then I had to look at the bigger picture. I have lost 6# in the past few weeks so I am not totally hopeless. I really need to start drinking more water and making an attempt to get on this treadmill more often.

Carol~It is good to hear from you again in the middle of the week. We like to hear what is going on with you so don't feel bad about only coming in occasionally. We all know how busy you are and understand. Congratulations on losing 4#. That is wonderful.

Marlana~I sure hope that you enjoy your fish as much as I do mine. Do you have a Petsmart that you can look at the fish? Buy everything else at Wal Mart because it is cheaper there. But Petsmart carries the largest selection of colors that I have ever seen. You will be able to find your favorite color there. I remember reading about gases in well water on a website the other day. I was looking up some info on live plants in aquariums and found that info too. It said to run air through the water for several days to get rid of the gases. That sounds like too much trouble for a little gallon of water for a betta. It would be easier to just get the drops to eliminate the chlorine from city water. Sometimes it also takes me a long time to type up a post. I've already been on this thing for 1 1/2 hours this evening but I had some emails to write. You got to read a couple of them.

Sally~Don't beat yourself up for a little setback. You have done so well for the past few months. You even lost on vacation this summer. Besides, it very likely is just water weight. Don't be depressed about it because it will probably be gone by tomorrow.

Tobey~I sure hope that you have a good visit with your BIL. That soup sounds really good for a winter dish. I am going to have to try it with the summer squash. It is just about time for me to make something for my lunches. Hubby has a 1 gallon Old Crow whiskey bottle in it's own little stand that is probably and antique. He also has one of the old glass jugs that they used to use in water coolers before they went to plastic. That is what he puts his change in. When we both worked, he never spent any change at all. He would bust a dollar for a nickel and then empty his pockets into one of the jars every night. Now that we are on a fixed income, he doesn't do that all the time but still manages to put away a lot of change. I have a little cement hog sitting on her butt with a baby sitting the same way between her front legs. We painted the whole thing a blue to match my decor in the family room and set it by the fireplace. We live in an area of the forest that is nicknamed Hog Valley and also have several cement hogs placed in outdoor landscaping.

Marybeth~WTG on more weight off. You and Sally just amaze me. I sure need to pay closer attention to your advise so I can do better. I think during the week that I am doing so good with the food and writing everything down. I stay within my point range. At the end of each day though, I realize that I didn't get much water in and forgot to get on the treadmill or just stay too busy to do it. I have no one to blame but myself.

Sorry that this is kind of short but it's been a long day and I am tired. The CMA awards are coming on and I want to watch. Have a good evening.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:29 AM   #22  
American Chick!

Morning Ladies,
I'm somewhat better today; thank you for all your support. I guess I'd better snap out of it before it gets out of hand. I ate everything in the house last night--I ate so much that I made myself sick and went to bed. But I'm better today.
Skeeter, I've had trouble with our insurance paying for medicine too; it didn't pay for hubby's anti-inflammatory for his leg because we didn't have preapproval...it's sort of hard to get preapproval when you go to the emergency room. I guess medicine is so expensive now, they try to cut their costs too. I'm taking my little Maltese to Petsmart Saturday to get his grooming done, and I think I will take a look at the fishies....I may come home with one if they have some pretty colors. I need a book about their care, though, so I won't kill them.
Marybeth, I will try some of those tips on Thanksgiving....I was making our list for dinner and drooling all the while. I noticed my treadmill was a bit dusty yesterday--I need to fire it back up again.
Tobey, I think I will try the pumpkin soup, too... I need to go back and read more of your recipes. I just normally use the computer for a few minutes in the morning, and I don't have time to do all that I want to on here....but it keeps me away from Ebay, anyway!
I don't know how hubby tore the ligament. The doctor said it may have been from bike riding. He got a little carried away with the girls when we went camping the last time....he sometimes forgets that he will be 45 next month! He said that it doesn't really hurt much now, it just looks like he has a baseball under his knee, and he has those skinny little chicken legs anyway, so it looks weird. The kids come up and poke it when he's sitting on the couch. I think they think it will blow up or something.
Hi Mama; thank you for your kind words. They do help; that's one reason I dragged myself in here yesterday and made myself confess THE GAIN. I think my hormones are screwy lately, so that may be part of it....but my eating habits are the rest of it! I'll get them under control here before the holidays. And I think I will take the girls out this weekend and start walking again at the park, since Jeff can't ride his bike with them for a while. It's awfully warm here, too, and very, very dry. We haven't done our leaves yet, cause Jeff can't use the riding mower to grind them up with that brace on his leg, and also cause they haven't all fallen yet....maybe before Thanksgiving. He'll have to chop them up, though, it's too dry to burn them.
Hi Jen, Teresa, Carol & everyone I missed. Love you all....I'll be back sometime over the weekend. Hubby has a class all day Saturday, so if he's able to limp off to it, I'll have the computer to myself.
Love, Sally
Old 11-08-2001, 07:05 AM   #23  

Good Morning buddies.

I didn't make it in here yesterday and I think I may of forgot to post the day before to. Yesterday was just a screwed up day. Someone waited till after I had finished up 50 3 page letters to pass on vital information and I had to re-do pages 1 & 3. Then I get snapped at for griping about having to re-do them!!! That really ticked me off. I didn't say anything then but next time I will. I get tired of crap like that. It wasnt like I jumped down her throat, I just said "Oh my lord, you mean I have to re-do all those letters?" Actually I was hoping she'd tell me no but that would of been in my dreams. So today, I'm back to where I was on Tuesday, trying to get all these letters in the mail.

I'm up an hour early this morning. I thought I'd feel worse if I tried to go back to sleep for another hour so I got up.

Skeeter, ooh, I forgot all about getting a mammogram and I don't know what I did with the order so I should call and have them write another one up for me so I can get one. I should of gotten it done when they had the mobil mammogram unit at my office building over the summer but...I didn't. You asked about Dreamciccle pudding. Its very easy to make.

1 sm bx of sf orange jello
1 sm bx of sf/ff vanilla pudding
1 sm can of mandarin oranges (drained be best you can)
1 8 oz container of cool whip lite or regular
Dissolve the jello in 1 cup of boiling water and then let it cool for awhile, I put it in the fridge for 10 mins or so. Then add the box of pudding, whisk it for 2-3 mins and then I put it in the fridge for 5 or 10 mins although I don't think the recipe calls for that, I just think it does better when the pudding sets up a little better. Then you add the oranges and fold in the cool whip. Thats it. Very simple and very yummy. I almost bought a box of those Blue Bunny ice cream bars when I was in the new Walmart over the weekend but I wasn't sure if I was going right home afterwards. I've only seen that brand at 2 stores around here and one carried frozen yogurt bars in that brand that were only 70 calories. I'm going to have to get some of those. Maybe it will keep me out of DH's ice cream.

Marybeth, your tips for getting thru Thanksgiving are good. Do you think you could repost them the day before? Maybe I'll copy and past them to an email and send them to myself. That is a hard day to get thru and I usually don't do as bad as I think I will. Congrats on the weight loss. Thats wonderful.

Tobey, I'm going to have to remember the name of that chocolate monkey drink for the next time I go out some place that serves drinks. It sounds yummy. I hope you have a great visit with your bil. My bil will be up for a month around Thanksgiving and its always good to see him.

Sally, I say give yourself a pat on the back for how good you've done with losing weight so far. You've done great so don't worry about that smidgin you gained. It is dissappointing especially when you feel you should of lost but I agree with the others, its either your body adjusting or it could be water. We had one lady who had an 8lb gain in one week and it was water.

Marlana, I think you are right about mixing the cake mix up in the pan. And I think your idea of putting the dry cake mix on the bottom of the pan and the fruit and margarin on top makes more sence to me. I'll have to try it again, maybe I'll make it to take for Thanksgiving. But no MIXING! I got a good chuckle over your Barometric pressure explanation. I seriously thought you were talking about BLOOD pressure. Well, I'm glad you blood pressure is doing good.

Carol, that is great your dh has another job. That was nice of his friend to offer it to him. Congrats on losing 4 lbs. Thats great.

Jen, Yes Ma'm!!! I'm going to finish the pt. Actually I feel like I"m going to an exercise class. I really work up a sweat. I'm kinda sore this morning after yesterday's pt. I've had to have anesthesiolgists start iv's that the nurses couldnt do. One thing I like about them is they numb it first or most of them do.

Well, I need to get off here and get ready for work. You all have a good day and take care.
Old 11-08-2001, 08:43 AM   #24  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Morning Friends~~I'm a dead head this morning. Just can't wake up. I've already had a nap this morning. Well I'm hoping to get a tooth filled today. I called my dentist office yesterday afternoon and she said he had been working of a morning, but was having to go home at noon. Guess when my appointment is, YEP!! 11:00 AM. I hope he ain't in pain or too doped up or something. I forgot to tell you girls what I bought myself for my birthday, or was it what I spent my $25.00 Christmas money from last year on.(Mother in Law) Anyway, I bought myself another porcelain doll. She is the cutest thing. I have about 8 of them now. She is the only one that is a little girl, about 18 months old. She is laying on her tummy on a pillow and has the biggest lil grin on her face with her little tongue sticking out and 2 teeth. I have a peach color in that room and she has on a peach color dress made of satin. I'm going to have to take pictures of my dolls and post for you all to see. I'm taking care of the little girl in me. I started collecting them because 2 of my grand daughters collect them. Jacky and Kassie. I wanted Jillie to have some too so I decided to but some for me and leave them to her when I'm gone. If I bought them for her I would have to buy for step daughter too, and I don't want to. Besides they would just play with them and mess them up. Yahoo, Wahoo, yeepee, I was not obsessed with food yesterday. Going to have a good day today too. I used to thank I couldn't check out at Walmart without having a Mt.Dew or a candy bar. But now I can have a Mt. Dew, just a diet one, and I like it now.

Tobey~~I'm sure you'll have a nice visit with your brother in law this week end. I'm trying to get my attitude pepped up this morning, but it's working a bit slow today. All kidding aside, I'm very happy and I'm trying to live in an attitude of gratitude these days. I have so much to be thankful for. Just to be alive is something to be grateful for. I'm even grateful that I have all the girls in this group. You guys are the greatest! I'm getting sappy now.

Marybeth~~A great big congrats on your 1.2 pound loss. Thanks for your advice on the holiday eating. It is a hard time for us all. But I can tell you that we can get through it with eating a normal amount of food. I'm planning on that right now. I want to get through the holiday's losing some weight. I'm working my butt off on these black walnuts, but I sure like having them in my freezer for cakes or what ever I want them for. I'm in the process of taking the outer hulls off right now, as well as picking out goodies at night. Hubby is cracking them.

Genesis~~Thanks for the leaf information. I need all the help I can get with leaves. I've still got that to do too.

Skeeter~~I hope you don't have any problems with the Mammogram and don't run into trouble like I did. My hormones are on their own, I've never taken anything. It seems so strange for your hubby to go to town with you all the time. Bobby and I never go shopping together. He don't shop, and sure don't want him with me. I like to shop alone. I don't even know when I will get to a town where they will have the fish. I bet I would have to get it in Tulsa, and right now I have no plans of going in the near future. How many colors do they have in those fish? I want to get THE ONE I want the first time around. I only want one.

Sally~~Glad your feeling better today. We've all been in that place where we seek to make ourselves feel better with food. I don't know about you but when I get in that shape I can't hold enough to feel better. As I said to Skeeter I don't take hormones, and I don't thank I have any of my own left. I do remember the games they play with you though. You have done so good with your diet the last few months, Please don't give up and slide back into the abyss of eating yourself to death. I lost 56 pounds and then fell off the wagon and I am just now getting back on. Don't make that mistake. I almost gained all of it back before I got back into control. We want you to by your happy little self.

Jo Jo~~I am so grateful I don't work outside the home. I'm my own boss here and that's just the way I want it. You have such a stressful job. And yes you need to go and get a mammogram, you never know when there might be a problem. Oh yummy...the dream thingie sounds so good. Go buy stock in Jell-O diet pudding, because I thank it's going to become a reg. thing for me. Hold your horses here....I didn't know you was using dry cake mix in the dump cake. I thought it was a batter. Throw out my opinion on it all together.

Time for me to go and meet my day head on. I don't know if I'll make it in here in the morning, Hubby will be home and maybe we will go fishing. Have a good one everyone.
Old 11-08-2001, 09:43 AM   #25  

Hello Ladies

The rain is back again today. However, it is a just a light sprinkle. I have decided not to complain, as it is better than snow. It is also quite warm for this time of year. It is supposed to be in the low 60s today. Dh is going to a lecture with a friend tonight so I am going to take the opportunity to get the place ready for BIL.

Mb: Congratulations on another loss! Showering in the semi-dark how fun! We once had a power failure at our office and wouldn’t you know it but I had to go to the bathroom so bad (all that water!). The problem is that there were no back up lights in our washroom. So I managed to dig up a flashlight and had to use that. Not easy! But funny in retrospect. We have one chain of grocery stores here that have a bank in them. That is a good idea though.

Skeeter: Wow what a busy day you had yesterday! Unfortunately not all of it sounds like fun (esp the doctor). I am not sure how the soup would turn out with summer squash. Most of the texture comes from the squash and summer squash has a much higher water content than winter squash. Summer squash also has less flavour. You hogs sound too cute. I think that is a great idea for Hog Valley! Well hope you get a chance to relax today!

Sally: Glad you are better today. Also glad to hear that hubby’s leg isn’t so painful anymore. However, that knee does sound a little gross! What kind of class does hubby have? Is he taking it or teaching it?

Jojo: Wow you are an early bird today! I don’t blame you for getting frustrated over those letters. I really hate having to pay the price for others disorganization! What a waste of your time and in the end a waste of the company’s money. I don’t understand how others can’t see it as that well. Oh I can feel a rant coming on – think I will just bite my tongue now and think happy thoughts…………………………. Ahhhhh…………… That’s better. I love when either of my BILs come to visit. I am an only child and they feel like they are my own brothers. Although I didn’t have to grow up and be tortured by them as a child. The best of both worlds.

Marlana: I’ll keep my fingers crossed for your appointment today. I would love to see a picture of your dolls. I have seen some of the porcelain dolls – they are so beautiful and the detail is just amazing. Some of them look so real! Glad to hear that today will be a good day – seems like you are having more and more of those! Hey nothing wrong with being sappy – it is better than being crappy!

The clouds have just parted and now the sun is streaming though my window. Oh that feels good. Well I think that is all for now. Have a HEALTHY and HAPPY day!

Tobey
Old 11-08-2001, 11:15 AM   #26  

Good morning gals. Yesterday I was soooo tired. I had class all day and it was such a joke. It's supposed to be 3hrs in the morning and 3 hrs in the afternoon, but neither instructor was there. The morning class was a 2 hr lecture from a guest speaker and the afternoon was a 1 hr videotaped lecture. What a waste of my time.

Tobey- The weather has changed drastically here today. Yesterday it was beautiful, sunny, and 75. Today it is cold, windy, rainy, and only supposed to get to 52! It may just be a soup day! If I feel up to it, I'm gonna run to the store and get the stuff to make the pumpkin soup and fluff. I'm gonna be orange. Oh yeah, since you are on the Pumpkin Advisory Board, it is also high in potassium!

Marlana- Sounds like you have a good collection started with your dolls. We all need something to collect, dolls, fish,... I've been feeling sluggish ever since the time change. I've been trying to get up earlier so that I can see more daylight. Today I was up at 8:30 which is early for me!

Jojo- I would have been p-oed about the letters. Nothing is more irritating than someone else's idiocy. Your dreamsicle pudding sounds yummy. Now, you don't mix up the pudding right, just the powder mix?

Sally- I'm glad you are starting to feel better. I actually read somewhere that they recommended that you weigh in every day so that you can chart your average for the week since it can fluctuate from day to day. As long as the average was dropping. I weigh in at least every other day usually, I'm either motivated by a loss, or by not losing and I can cut back before it gets out of hand.

Skeeter- Your day with the mammogram and gyn sounds like a great day! Not. I have not had any problems with insurance and meds, but get this. I went to one of those express care clinics run by my hospital after regular doctor hours. My insurance won't pay for it because I didn't get a referral from my doc. But yet they would have paid for a trip to the ER. I called them up and boy did I go off. Not that it matters much, they don't care. I need to set up an appt to see by gyn sometime soon. I am so looking forward to it!

Marybeth- I like your tips for getting through Thanksgiving. It is full of alot of carbs. Maybe I'll volunteer to make some sort of veggie or fruit dish, or just take some!

I should go for now. I've got some homework and cleaning I want to get done today!

Jen
149.5/145.5/140
Old 11-08-2001, 03:36 PM   #27  
soon to be thin

Good afternoon ladies: I forgot how to start a new thread so I will let someone else. I started Tops yesterday so I'm off to a great start doing well so far today. Sorry so short but I have to take my son to get his hair cut. I'll talk more later.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:57 PM   #28  
Senior Chick

I'll start #115. See Y'all there.
Closed Thread