Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-16-2007, 03:16 PM   #16  
Bikini Dreader

S/C/G: 141/120/120

Height: 5'3''

I've been reading all the posts and this is the first time I've seen anything really negative on here. I completely understand being confused and frustrated and unsure how to remain healthy while losing the weight. There are a lot of confusing messages out there and healthy doesnt necessarily show quick results. But in the end it is the best way to do it.

I hope you stick around Rockrz. The people on here are really supportive and helpful.
Bikini Dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV View Post
Oh, she said you WEREN'T banned.

Ok, my eyes are playing tricks on me. I thought she said, "the thread was closed, you were banned."

My apologies, I simply read it wrong. Thanks for pointing that out
Linda, I think you need glasses! Weren't you the one who thought Gary was a girl!!! HaHa--just joking! It just made me laugh, though!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #18  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Linda, I think you need glasses! Weren't you the one who thought Gary was a girl!!! HaHa--just joking! It just made me laugh, though!
LOL, yes! I've been messing up all over the place lately!

I need a vacation.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #19  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #20  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

No one gets banned do they?
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:24 PM   #21  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You don't get banned for posting your potentially harmful diet plan, you get banned for other things. There are rules you agree to if you sign up and if you break them, you can get banned temporarily or permanently. It is usually advertisers that get banned or those that are disrespectful to other members or such like that.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #22  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have found that people who come here, make a few posts, & then immediately cry "you're not being supportive! I'll just leave then!" are usually not ready to face the truth about their weight gain & are therefore not ready to get on the healthy track to losing the weight. They want a quick fix & will do every UNhealthy thing in the book before finally settling down & realizing that the only true way to lose weight & keep it off is good old fashioned diet & exercise. There are many diets to choose from to fit any given lifestyle. One only needs to try a few or do some simple research to find out what is the best diet for them.

This is absolutely the most supportive place I have ever found, and I am a member of SEVERAL forums.

I, for one, thank all you ladies who come here & share your struggles, your fears, your conquests, & your joys. I'm happy to be a part of this group.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #23  
Sexy American Girlfriend!

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5"7"

Ditto Beach Patrol. I've been here off and on for a year or so - mostly just a lurker. When I got serious and gave up on all the crazy schemes (and yeah, I even considered fasting), I knew where to come for the best info: Here.
BeezKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 PM   #24  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Rockerz likely needs professional counseling. If she's been reading ANYTHING on this website, she can't help but know that the site promotes healthy forms of weight loss, not what she claims to be doing. She's a very angry girl, and seems to enjoy confrontation. Rockerz, if you are still reading any of these posts, those who have replied to you have done so only out of concern for your well-being. They have not rejected YOU, they have rejected your weight-loss method, which you KNEW would not be well-received here to begin with. YOU are not YOUR ACTIONS. You can - and should - make better choices for yourself. If you are willing to do that, you'll receive plenty of help and support here. Why don't you give it a try?

Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #25  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
I have found that people who come here, make a few posts, & then immediately cry "you're not being supportive! I'll just leave then!" are usually not ready to face the truth about their weight gain & are therefore not ready to get on the healthy track to losing the weight. They want a quick fix & will do every UNhealthy thing in the book before finally settling down & realizing that the only true way to lose weight & keep it off is good old fashioned diet & exercise. There are many diets to choose from to fit any given lifestyle. One only needs to try a few or do some simple research to find out what is the best diet for them.

This is absolutely the most supportive place I have ever found, and I am a member of SEVERAL forums.

I, for one, thank all you ladies who come here & share your struggles, your fears, your conquests, & your joys. I'm happy to be a part of this group.

Very well said. I agree with you on each and every point. This place has been a G-dsend to me. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it's pretty darn close.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #26  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I belonged to a message board at one point that had the following statement in their agreed rules/terms of service, and I think it was a good one:

Quote:
Threads saying "you weren't there for me/the board isn't doing enough for me" are not allowed. If a post makes demands or indirectly implies that the members of this board have not done enough, that post will be closed or deleted. This board stresses personal responsibility. The only responsibility that each member of the board has is to follow the rules of the board.
Ultimately, no matter how close we are or how many times we've talked, none of the people on this board have any personal responsibility for any of the other members on the board. Also, there are terms of service on the board that we all agree to, and one of those includes the locking or deletion of threads that the moderators find questionable. The moderators don't owe us anything, the other members of the board don't owe us anything.

3FC is a tool that has been tremendously helpful to me, but only because I have worked that tool to the best of my ability. I have responsibility for working the tool, within the rules established. None of the other members or mods can work the tool for me.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #27  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

While I agree with everything Beach Patrol said, I think 707Goddess said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707Goddess View Post
ROFL!
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

I agree that this person needs help and is crying out for it, and I also agree that no one on this board has a responsibility to help or support ANYone. I've found this board to be the most amazing and inspiring place to hang out and learn and have fun, and it's been crucial to my success. At first, I didn't know where to post and how to fit in. That's natural. But everyone here is so great that it didn't take long to feel at home.

Sometimes it's easier to blame other people for not helping you than it is to face reality and try to help yourself. I have to confess that not only have I toyed with the idea of starvation diets, I have done them. I tried it in high school for a while, and in 2004, I basically starved myself from March to June and became obsessed with it. I'm an otherwise intelligent person who really does know better, but I was desperate. I searched the internet for boards that were supportive of anorexia (and sadly, there are MANY). I posted a blog of my own about my extremely unhealthy diet. I was eating 200 to 800 calories a day and sometimes eating nothing. It's hard to believe I did it. Not only did it NOT WORK, it made me miserable (obviously).

This board simply can't support that kind of plan. 3FC would not be the wonderful place it is if it supported something so unhealthy and dangerous. I hope rockerz will come back and talk to us about the struggle that we all share, and will listen when we try to provide her with support and encouragement.
LisaMarie71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I guess I'm missing something, and I dont mean any disrespect to this great board, but I'm still perplexed as to why her thread was closed. I've seen plenty of other posters talk about starving (usually the young ones) and all the members chime in to try to talk them out of it; in those threads that I remember the poster even kept coming back and sort of arguing with the other posters that his (one of these was the rare male) starvation/fasting plan was a good one. His thread was never closed and I found it so valuable for those who want to starve that weight off, again usually the young ones who appear literally desperate to get the weight off. The members shot down each of his idiotic pro-starvation ideas, and I'm sure many many lurkers learned more than a few good lessons.
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #30  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mami View Post
I guess I'm missing something, and I dont mean any disrespect to this great board, but I'm still perplexed as to why her thread was closed. I've seen plenty of other posters talk about starving (usually the young ones) and all the members chime in to try to talk them out of it; in those threads that I remember the poster even kept coming back and sort of arguing with the other posters that his (one of these was the rare male) starvation/fasting plan was a good one. His thread was never closed and I found it so valuable for those who want to starve that weight off, again usually the young ones who appear literally desperate to get the weight off. The members shot down each of his idiotic pro-starvation ideas, and I'm sure many many lurkers learned more than a few good lessons.
I agree there, I think it was closed kind of quickly myself. Of course at this point I think also that it would have degraded the way a couple of other threads have where the good advice was seen as being terribly unsupportive.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote