Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #16  

Height: 5'6"

I've done 1,300 for a few days and I feel content and happy on that. I feel it is enough for me. I feel like it's not too much or too little. I said I would do 1,300 on my blog, to my boyfriend, and because it works for me. But today I'm going to change the calories and have a range from 1,300-1,600. Whatever I need for the day. For the next few days I'll see what works best.
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

That sounds like a good plan. A reasonable range and flexible depending on hunger, rather than strict formulas. I like that!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 191/185/140

Height: 5'6

i know the feeling of wnating to starve and binge. when i was younger maybe 13 or 14 i would starve myself then i would go out and eat all this yummy fatty junk food then come home and barf it all up again, then i relized i was only making myself physically sick and i wasnt losing much weight by doing that. Im not gonna lie i still think about doing it from time to time cause i feel like i eat WAY too much but i have almost zero selfcontrol in that area and thats what im working on right now.
Just try to eat enough to sustain ur self not fill ur self. and try to stop starving and binging its its sooooo not good for you and do believe the goal here is to he healthy isnt it?
Kaylas Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #19  

as someone who has been clinically diagnosed with anorexia -and- bulimia, having been tube fed, and on medical units for the purging... that cycle of life is -not- worth it. i just gained the weight back. but back than, it wasn't about weight or numbers or calories in vs out - it was about control. complete perfectionism, black and white thinking. you get the idea.

those with eating disorders think they can make themselves better through food and being smaller (for me, i wanted to be ugly and invisible). they think they can improve their self-worth through their emotions and food or lack of food. eating disorders are an illness that drowns all aspects of a persons life. for me, i never cared how much damage i did to my body (believe me, i did a lot of permanent damage). i mean, i won't lie about my history with my eating disorders as i did get extremely little while i was anorexic - that weight loss wasn't permanent, as evidenced by my current bmi. i did so much damage to my body that i am now on daily meds to repair it.

if you want permanent weight loss, you need to do it in a healthy manner.
thecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #20  

Height: 5'6"

Thanks all for giving me some advice. When I eat healthy I think, "Why do I ever want to starve again?" I don't want to starve anymore. I acknowledge it now as a short term weight loss solution (and not even that for me).

Yesterday I had 1,600 calories. Today I am looking at 1,600 again. My sleep has been off track but when it is on track I'm going to try for 1,300 calories again. If I can't stay at that, I know I can stick to 1,600.

I guess the most important thing is sticking to whichever plan you decide to yourself.

I hope everyone else is doing well!
Gamerchick is offline   Reply With Quote