Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #1  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Default Planning for Thursday, March 8

woohoo i stayed exactly on plan yesterday

todays plan is:
B-low cal tortilla, 1 egg and 1tbsp salsa
S-cheese string and 2 mini oranges
L-going to my sons dr. appointment so probably have subway
S-if i am home in time it will be 2 mini bagels with some light cream cheese
D-hmm no idea, possibly some haddock with lemon juice and onions and rice? and a nice big salad
Water-workin on 4L

Hope everyone has a great day!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

Congrats, sounds like your on your way to a healthier lifestyle. Good luck.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #3  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

B - Steel Cut Oats, 1teaspoon smart start with flax, 1 tbsp honey, banana
S - Laughing Cow cheese wedge, celery and carrots
L - 2oz baked salmon, zuchinni and squash all baked together, side of spinach
S - 1/2c lf cottage cheese, celery<i'm so loving celery right now!>
D - baked turkey breast, side salad of whole wheat pasta, steamed veggies and olive oil, with a spinach salad
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Okay, I haven't posted on this thread in a looong time. After a few off kilter days, I think I will give it a go.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Fiber One cereal, w !/2 cup Kashi Go Lean Cereal with 1/2 cup skim milk

Snack- 60 calorie Danon Sugar Free yogurt w/ 1TBS Fiber One Cereal

Dinner (I'm making lunch my big meal today, I love when my scheduele allows that) - 3 oz. salmon baked with spices and topped with a sliced broiled tomato and roasted asparagus.

Snack - either before supper or after - either a 60 calorie sugar free pudding or a 60 calorie sugar free ice cream bar.

Lite supper - 3 oz can tuna in water on a 1/2 of a flat wrap with lettuce and onions. Cucumber spears.

Lots and lots of water.

AND ABSOLUTELY NO NIBBLING. NOTHING, NOT EVEN A BITE OF EXTRA FOOD THAT"S NOT ON MY PLAN.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:44 AM   #5  
Fat-be-gone

yesterday was a huge train wreck!!! Today will be a better day.

b - cottage cheese, 1/2 c kashi, banana (5.5)

l - I'm thinking 1/2 bagel, 1T cream cheese, couple slices of canadian bacon, grapes

s - 1/2 bell pepper w/ ranch dressing

d - rigatoni bolognese w/ side of broccoli
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:56 AM   #6  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

b - pinapple; two slices toast with boiled egg and cheese
S- coffee with irish cream; 3 mini oranges and 2 arrowroot cookies
L- tin of sardines with 2-3 rice cakes
S- cheese string + pepperoni
D- not sure
W- 4-5L
E- already did 60min
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

B - 2 pieces of whole grain toast, 1 with cherry butter (like apple butter, but really tart), 1 with 1 tbs natural peanut butter

S - about 1.5 cups of fresh blueberries

L - salad - dark greens, grilled chicken breast, fat free balsalmic vinaigrette on the side (whatever looks good on the salad bar today, probably red pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, carrots, a few dried cranberries, sprinkle of sunflower seeds, onions, cucumber)

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies with low fat ranch to dip

D - 2 egg omelet - mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, spinach, onion, artichoke hearts, 2 tbs low fat feta, topped with salsa
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

You know something Glory, you just gave me a good idea. I've been eating those darn Jello sugar free puddings for a snack. I see that you're eat veggies and a little dip as a snack. Not sure why I don't do that. I think I am going to give it a try. I'm soooo glad I posted here today, I never would have looked otherwise.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

B: Nonfat Latte, English Muffin .5tbsp butter, banana
S: Apple
L: Tuna with pita, soup
S: raw veggies
D: Tuna probably, don't know yet
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

B~scrambled egg whites, 2 T ff cheese, ww tortilla
S~apple
L~salad (baby herb mix, chicken, with 2 T mixture of dried cranberries, blue cheese and spiced pecans, 1 T low cal raspberry dressing)
S~tangelo
D~salad (romaine, taco seasoned chicken, black beans, corn, peppers, onions, tomatoes) with low cal chipotle lime dressing
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
You know something Glory, you just gave me a good idea. I've been eating those darn Jello sugar free puddings for a snack. I see that you're eat veggies and a little dip as a snack. Not sure why I don't do that. I think I am going to give it a try. I'm soooo glad I posted here today, I never would have looked otherwise.
Hey Robin, I actually pack the same vegetables for a snack every day and I am still not tired of it. On Sundays, I buy: little package of grape tomatoes, baby carrots (sometimes these last two weeks, depending on size), a package of ready to eat sugar snap peas (hate cutting off the stem-my bits) and 1 pepper (red orange or yellow, whatever is cheapest that day). On Sundays, I bag up vegetables for 5 days - I divide the tomatoes/sugar snap peas evenly between the 5 bags, slice up the pepper (each bag gets about 4 strips) and throw in enough carrots until the bag is nice and substantial.

Sometimes I use dip and sometimes I don't, the cafeteria downstairs has started giving away these little containers of dressing with salad so I have grabbed a few fat free ranch and I just keep them in the frig. I am also a huge huge fan of home made hummus, here's my recipe!

2 cans of chickpeas, drained, reserve liquid
splash of lemon juice
package of sun dried tomato (or maybe roasted peppers would be good?, whatever you want, really)
a little onion
garlic
1 tbs Olive oil (a little just makes the texture wonderfully creamy and it's a good fat!, I usually make enough for 6 days, so 1/6 tbs of oil per day doesn't seem bad to me)
Red pepper flakes (I love spicy things, I've also added chopped chile)

Put the chickpeas, lemon juice, sun dried tomato, onion, garlic, olive oil, spices in the food processor and pulse. Slowly add reserved liquid until hummus reaches desired consistency. Makes about 6 1/2 cup servings.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:59 PM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Oh I love hummus Glory. But I try to keep it to a teaspoon or so, remember I am still in the losing stages of this game. That recipe sounds delicious though. I do serve it every week with a vegetable platter for the family. I will absolutely, definitely be making it fresh now. Are those cans 15 ozs? I see that you use it for 6 days. So, I'm assuming it stays fresh for about a week?

I like cucumbers and red peppers and sugar snap peas.and baby carrots. I will definitely be having that as a snack. I use a set of kitchen scissors to snip off the ends of sugar snap peas and green beans as well. Really easy. It's a great kitchen tool. I also use it to make chicken cutlet strips and lots of other things as well.

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to make it.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hummus isnt bad at all! 1 tbsp is only 30 calories! I just it with veggies or on a pita mmmmmm
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:18 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
Oh I love hummus Glory. But I try to keep it to a teaspoon or so, remember I am still in the losing stages of this game. That recipe sounds delicious though. I do serve it every week with a vegetable platter for the family. I will absolutely, definitely be making it fresh now. Are those cans 15 ozs? I see that you use it for 6 days. So, I'm assuming it stays fresh for about a week?
Even when I was losing, my portion size for hummus was 1/2 cup (a teaspoon of hummus is enough for maybe 1 dip??). There are even fewer calories if you make it without oil (adding the reserved liquid really helps to get a creamy consistency without oil). I just buy the regular cans of chickpeas (I think they are 15 oz)? I haven't had any problem using the hummus for a week, I usually plan on 5 servings (Mon-Fri). The nice thing is you can add different things to it (sun dried tomatoes, roasted red pepper, black olives) to keep your family interested with different flavors.