3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Feeling hungry (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/106232-feeling-hungry.html)

2frustrated 03-05-2007 05:49 AM

I usually know that I need to eat if I feel faint, have stomach rumbles and want to kill whoever I'm talking to at the time! :lol: I turn into the she-devil and you'd better not stand between me and fridge, otherwise I'm taking you OUT! :boxing:

I talked to my skinny DH about this, and he says that he never has tummy rumbles, he just feels faint when he needs to eat and gets a bit of a headache. I said that I hated feeling faint, and how do you not eat something that's right in front of your face if you're that hungry? He then offered that as an explanation why people have regular mealtimes! :lol:

I also think that I'm hungry when I'm tired. I know this is a evil fault in my wiring somewhere and I have to tell myself that it's caffiene I need, not sugar! :lol:

Mami 03-05-2007 07:40 AM

My hunger symptoms get so bad my blood sugar has been tested twice, but it came back normal. I do get just like 2frustrated, and like her DH, my skinny DH gets a headache rather than the crazed feeling I get (he doesnt even know he's hungry and I have to suggest he eat, at which point his headache goes away). Lucky him and no wonder he's skinny. Once I even thought, I'll just eat only when DH eats and then eat what I want at that time. Well I was starving and couldn't keep this up longer than a few hours. LOL. The things we come up with to lose weight!

Now that I think of it, my skinny sister and father also do not get these hunger feelings and can go very long hours without eating. I discovered this when the 4 of us (my little baby came of course :)) went on a weekend trip recently. The first day I ate a light healthy breakfast and was of course hungry again within a few hours. I had taken some yogurt along and ate that, but a bit later was hungry again. Meanwhile, my sister and Dad were no where near hungry and we didnt end up eating for hours. For the next few days I ate high calorie high fat meals with pretty much abandon (watching a little on the portions though) so that I could go longer without eating to keep up with them. I did end up losing a few pounds following the "skinny plan".

But when home I tend to eat somedays when I'm not hungry as well as hungry so I couldnt follow their diet all the time. My sister and Dad religiously eat 3 meals a day, with very little snacking in between. But they must have their meal, and its always a balanced fairly healthy meal. They're plan is interesting, but not for everyone. I guess for someone like me, its better to eat several small meals throughout the day and evening.