I'm getting really frustrated

• I've lost 45 lbs. I started at a size 24... and I wear a size 20 now. What the heck??? Where is all of the weight coming from?! I've never heard of someone being 5'7, 188 lbs, and a size 20!! It's like, I'm losing weight everywhere except my stomach. GRR... it's so frustrating!
  • Dont give up!
    Hi Lovely,

Dont be frustrated. I too have lost weight. I went from size 16 to 5/6 and the problem area for me is the stomachn as well. You will eventually lose your stomach with hard work. It is impossible to target where you want to lose. Sometimes the body decides to lose where it chooses but know that if you dont give up you will reach your goal.

Good Luck,
    Tipster
  • That's frustrating! But you deserve a big pat on the back for losing 45 pounds - that's VERY impressive! - and being down from a 24 to a 20. You've worked hard and you've gotten some results, so make sure you give yourself credit for that!

I don't know that I have any helpful advice - my stomach is always the last thing to shrink down as well, and I think I'm going to have an even harder time now that I've had a baby. There's a big ol' pudge there that I don't think I'll ever say goodbye to!

Have you tried Pilates? In the past, I've found that to be really helpful with toning my abs. I also love Callanetics and highly recommend it, if you can handle the 80's brightly-colored leotards. They're gentle exercises but they're intense.

I hope someone can offer you something more helpful, but I hope you know you're doing brilliantly!
  • Wow-45 pounds and down 2 sizes in WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is funny that you mention your stomach, because I have the opposite problem. I lose it very quickly in my abs and waistline...but it takes me forever to get my butt and legs lean....I mean, I can get down to 150ish (I am also 5'7" and my abs get great definition-but all I can see is my bigger legs/butt and it just drives me crazy-because I hate wearing shorts, and swimwear. In a swimsuit you can always wear a 1 piece to cover up a tummy...but other than swimming in jeans, you can't cover up your legs.

We ALL have these same feelings, it just tends to be about whatever problem area we currently have...
  • Congrats on the loss!!
  • First, you've lost 45 pounds and dropped 2 sizes, a HUGE accomplishment in itself. Second, I just did this post yesterday, I've lost 50 pounds and gone from a 24 to a size 18, hey, fantastic, but I really thought I would be in 16's by now, and I am, everywhere BUT my lower abs, which need to be in the jeans too. It sucks, but it's life. We'll both lose our bellies, with time and dedication.
  • Congrats on the weight loss!!!

I am 5'7, 170.8 lbs and I am a size 18. I hear ya on the frustration.
  • It is frustrating being a size you think is too big for your weight. I started at 295 and was squeezing into 28/30s and others that weight can be size 24 or less. Part of it is our body shape, I guess.

But all weight is not the same, either. Pound for pound, muscle takes up a lot less space than fat (it's more compact). So, while I haven't lost any weight in over 3 months, I have gone down a size, presumably because I am gaining muscle. I've been lifting weights 2-3 times a week and it seems to be paying off. So, one way to change your clothing size is to add muscle.

But no matter what, pat yourself on the back for losing 45 pounds!!!!!!