Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2007, 01:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

I always tell my bf stuff like this--my weight and clothing sizes. I want him totally on board with my dieting and my progress, and besides, he knows what I look like naked. The numbers are far less threatening than the actual sight of my body

(Tragic aside: When I embarked upon my great weight loss journey in 2005, and was eating 1200-1300 cals/day, I took over all the cooking--previously his job--so that I could control everything I ate. Neither of us are big eaters during the day in the ordinary course of things--when I'm not actively dieting, I tend not to seek food until 2 or 3 in the afternoon, at which point I'm rather hungry. He'll have a bowl of cereal in the morning and a peanut butter or cheese sandwich at lunch and all his main calories come from dinner and after dinner snacks. Anyway, because I was restricting my calories so dramatically, I had taken to eating breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch and then a mid-afternoon snack, and then making dinner around 300 calories. He, on the other hand, had just started a new job as a professor and was incredibly busy and stressed and he did NOT change his eating habits during the day. I'd serve him bigger portions than myself, but with my very low-cal dinners, the poor guy lost about 45 pounds in three months. He never needed to lose weight to start with he and looked downright gaunt by the end of it all. The tragic element of this is that when I eased up on my own calorie consumption, he gained it all back and then an extra 15 pounds. I gave him a brand new weight problem! Bad girlfriend, bad!)
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #32  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Oh with the clothing sizes, that is definitely different. I told my DH my clothing sizes, told him my heaviest, he knows my current, etc. I was so happy when I got in a plus size 18 pant, I had to tell him.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #33  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't hide my weight from anyone. (It's kind of pointless, don't you think, they can see the fat, why would the "number" matter). If anyone asks, I will tell them, and if in conversation it is appropriate, I will offer it.

Telling the number, to me, was a lot like being seen in a bathing suit. I had to do it, to be able to acknowledge that I have a right to do something about it - publicly and privately. Avoiding swimming (which is good for me) because I didn't want anyone to see my fat was ridiculous (seeing me in normal clothing would give most people a good idea of what I would look in something skimpier . Just like keeping the "number" secret - it was kidding no one but myself.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote