Ate too much??

• I just got back from lunch - when I left work I was RAVENOUS. I had a Slim-Fast bar and a banana for breakfast.

Got home and had a Lean Cuisine pizza. Still felt hungry so I had 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese and a 60-calorie sugar-free pudding.

Now I am at my desk feeling like I am sick. I am just blown-away...yes it was around 480 calories but not even a month ago I could have easily eaten half of an extra large . I can't believe I am so full!
  • That's not so much when you had such a light breakfast...you could have had the cottage cheese for a mid-morning snack, been less hungry for lunch.
  • It's amazing how the body adjusts, isn't it? At least it was all healthy stuff. I second Marblefly's advice - try taking the pudding or the cottage cheese to work and having it as a snack midmorning so you won't be so hungry.

Also, try to give yourself more time to "feel" full - the brain doesn't receive the "full" signal until about twenty minutes after capacity has been reached in the stomach.
  • I did a similar thing this morning, but it involved a bagel that didn't fill me up, so I ate oatmeal, too! Gah, I should still come in around 1400 calories (higher than normal, but not outrageous!).
  • I also agree about having a mid-morning snack of cottage cheese, rather than putting it down on top of pizza. bleah!

I prefer low-fat foods to fat free, except in some salad dressings. Fat free leaves me feeling odd.

Don't worry! You'll do fine! Just even things out a little more. Some people eat three meals and two snacks in a day, others have three snacks--it's about the size of the snacks.

Good luck!

Jay
  • Pizza? ..... and Cottage Cheese??? .... in the same meal???? Ick. Just thinking about it makes me wanna barf!

But I know what you mean about STILL being hungry, & needing something else to eat. I usually grab a SBD cereal bar or something similar in those cases. LOTS of protein, decent calories, & even vitamins & minerals. My fav is the Cinnamon Raisin.

Try it... you'll like it.
  • Maybe if you had more fat & protein in your breakfast, you'd feel fuller longer? And I agree that adding the cottage cheese for a midmorning snack is a good idea. Protein/fat keep you full longer than carbs do.