Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2001, 11:40 AM   #16  

Wow, you'd have thought with setting the time back an hour I'd be able to get up earlier, nope. I do tend to get a little seasonal about this time of year, need more sleep, eat more, etc. I'm fighting it tooth and nail this time though. Last year was really bad because I was working night shift and never saw the sun. I did really good with the food plan yesterday. I had some fruit before watching the game (DOLPHINS WIN), didn't eat greasy crap at the bar, and had vegetable soup and a grilled cheese made with tofu cheese for a late dinner. I'm not sure what is going on for Thanksgiving this year. I know it's not at my house, it's a week after my surgery. I'm sort-of planning on spending that weekend at my boyfriends house. He's off for a 4 day weekend, and my mom will be driving my crazy, I'm sure. At least when I had surgery in the summer I could go outside and sit. Now there is nowhere to go.

Marlana- I think that the yard work does count for some exercise, though you should try to mix in some regular stuff to try to get used to doing it. Tomorrow is my "yard day". It's not a legal burn day for the city, so I'll have to save that for Saturday, but I sure can mow the leaves, cover the roses, etc.

Jojo- That's right, we had ALOT of snow early last year. I think we set 7 records in December. I remember I went to Ohio for my Grandfathers memorial service and I came back to 14 inches of snow and an ice storm was just starting. UGH. I hate to think of it.

Sally- I'm a big boredom eater, though only at night. I could go all day without a morsel, but after dinner, lock the pantry door! I just need to stay busy and out of the kitchen. One rule I set for myself that helps is to eat only at the kitchen table. There's no snacking in front of the TV or puter that way.

Tobey- I had to go look at my shoes to see what they were, Teebok DMX with the 6 air chambers in the sole. They made a huge difference on my knees when I bought them. They costed $100, so that's my motivation to use them, can't let them go to waste!

Skeeter- Your beeping bird cracks me up! Way to go staying out of the candy dish. I'm sure that's how I gained my weight back this month. But I haven't had candy since last Tues or Wed, and there still is some in the dish. That's a major feat for me.

Carol- Hope your cold goes away soon. Congrats on your cross country teams!

Teresa- It's good that you are already feeling better after one week. That's truly motivating to continue. I hope that your weigh-in shows for it.
Mine is tomorrow.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Jen
149.5/.../140
Old 10-29-2001, 05:05 PM   #17  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

I sure hope everyone is having a good Monday. It is very quiet here since all the hunters have left the woods. Yesterday was the last day of black powder season. We have a break until rifle season starts November 10. That's when we are very careful about being in the woods. Those city guys that think if they buy a gun they can be a hunter, will shoot at anything that moves. It ruin our winter activities for 2 months. There is a cross-country hiking trail that runs right through the woods where hunting is allowed. I worry that a hiker will get shot someday.

Carol~That weight gain must be a temporary water gain. I don't think that you have time to gain weight with your schedule. It's good to hear from you when you get the time. I hope that you get over that cold really fast. Keep us updated with your life and your weight loss. Enjoy a good visit with your sister.

Teresa~Hey Gal, WTG with staying OP for a week. We have to concentrate on the little battles and a day or a week at a time. I like cauliflower and broccoli mixed with just a little salt and buttery spray. My favorite veggie is tomatoes, brussel sprouts and spinach. I could sit down and just eat those three items with a piece of bread sprayed with that buttery stuff. We are in a mini challenge until November 15 when Jen has her surgery. We'll have to come up with something else to get us through the holidays.

Marlana~WTG on that weight loss for the month. And a big HURRAY for the 2# for this weigh in. Hard work counts for exercise whether it is inside or outside. The store was so crowded on Saturday that I swore that I would never go shopping on the weekend again. Our store is always crowded no matter what day it is because of all of us retired people that shop there, especially in the winter.

JoJo~I guess your back isn't doing that much better. I sure hope that you find some relief soon. I also think that the light colored fish is gorgeous. I'll never find one like that at the local stores but I might find a light color which is okay. I guess it is a little tricky to breed these guys because they can't live together. The male and female are kept where they can see each other until the bubble nest is built and they are ready. As soon as they spawn and all the eggs are in the bubble nest the female is removed and the male takes care of the eggs until they hatch. I think the male is then removed and the human raises the babies. I'm not going to get into that though. I'll just keep my little guys in there little tanks and let them see each other occasionally for exercise and to keep them lively. When do you start that physical therapy? Each day this week is supposed to be warmer until it is back in the 80's by Friday. Then the a/c will go back on.

Sally~That is amazing that your cat showed up after 2 years. Someone must have been keeping him inside the house for him to have stayed gone so long. That is so sweet that he came for a visit. Maybe his new people are feeding him gourmet food and he just couldn't resist. All of my critters are doing fine. I really need to not get any more. I already have to get a sitter for the bird and will now have to do the same for the fish.

Tobey~Good luck at the dentist's. I let my dental care lapse during my teens and young adulthood. Once I got my teeth cleaned, I decided to keep them that way and have flossed every night since then. My insurance pays 80% of semi annual cleanings so it is easier now to keep our mouths healthy. I really feel bad for those that don't have good insurance because dental and medical visits are outrageous. My husband and I both had to laugh over the bird and the beeping. Her doing it during the day caused me to ignore it in the early morning until it happened in the middle of the night. Well,
duh. I hope that you have a wonderful reunion with hubby tonight.

Jen~I don't know when you wanted to start with the weigh- ins but I have lost 2# since I weighed last. I think that I weighed last Monday and had stayed the same. That's usually how I lose, on an every other week schedule unless I exercise like crazy. I haven't made any plans this year for Thanksgiving yet either. I can't believe that it's only a month away. I also want to eat when I am bored. It helps me to keep only f/f or s/f snacks around. I also try to a lot of veggies for dinner so that I won't get hungry before bedtime. WTG for staying out of that candy dish. It is sure hard to do during this time of year.

I hope that all you ladies have a wonderful evening. It was sure good to see so many of you again.
Old 10-30-2001, 05:35 AM   #18  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Mornin Ladies~~I'm a dead head this morning, can't wake up. This shift is a killer.
Not a lot to talk about. My food was good yesterday, that's always good news. I hope yours was too. Sort of planning a camping trip this week end. Hubby doesn't know if he will have to be at work or not yet. If we don't go soon, it's going to get too cold.

Tobey~~We haven't had a trick or treater her in about 3 years. All the kids go to town where the house's are closer together. Fine with me, once I set down to watch TV I had just as soon not to have to answer the door. Hope your Hubby got home yesterday, I know you must have been really glad to see him. We get tired of them, but we want them anyway. Oh I'm with you on going to the Dentist, you know the time I had when they pulled a tooth. I have another appointment tomorrow at 1:00 PM. I have to get a tooth filled. I have two to be done, but one at a time. I'm not going to the one who made such a mess. Good luck. I keep check on your receipts all the time. I'm waiting for those veggie ones.

Sally~~I don't thank we can expect to be the perfect eaters, so what you do when you have a bad week end is pick yourself up and go on. I don't want to talk about the OU game. Hubby and I couldn't watch it. I left before he did and went outside and went to work. He left when Neb. hit 20. I was shocked to see that in the poles they just changed places. We lost our quarterback or maybe the score would have been different. If that's the worst thing that ever happens to me, I've got nothing to worry about. I hope you was able to get back on your game plan yesterday. You've done so well. Keep it up.

Jen~~I hate the night shift, my hubby worked it for years by choice. And I did have a bad time trying to stay out of food setting here every night alone. But you know what, I can have a bad time with food anytime of the day. If I can keep my mind in the right place I'm OK. Thank you for letting my outside work count as exercise. I have to get it done before cold weather. And then there will be the leaves to clean up. Always something. Hubby dug a new hole for the mailbox to be put back up today. I'm the one who will mix the cement and set it. I don't know if I told the group or not. But a dope head knocked it down at 4:15 Sunday morning. I even had to go and buy a new post and I have to buy a new mailbox too. I want you to know thought, I'm ready for the next guy to hit it. I got a very heavy steel post and it will do some damage to his car. Of course this guy knocked the wheels from under his.

Skeeter~~A great big Congrats on the 2 pound loss last week. It's about time for Deer season here too. We have a lot of road hunters around here, and we do have deer cross our place. Bobby used to live to go deer hunting, but has slacked off some on that. I used to go with him when I was young. I'm a tom boy, still, I like to do what they guys does. I was thanking about your fish and the new tank. He went into shock being in that big place. I don't have fish, but I would thank during the time you are letting the water set for a couple of days, and just put maybe half the amount you want in there, and set his jar or vase down in the tank with him still in it. It will be less of a shock to him when you do put him in it. Then add water a little at a time. It may not work, but it makes sence to me.

I thank it's time for me to go and get in a chair and get some more shut eye. Have a great day, and be good to yourself.

Last edited by Marlana; 10-30-2001 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2001, 06:18 AM   #19  
American Chick!

Red face

Morning Ladies!
I'm tired this morning; I haven't slept well in the last two days, and it messes up my days. I didn't get to weigh in yesterday--I had to leave work at noon to pick up my youngest; she had thrown up in music class. Poor babykin. She was much better by the time I got to school, though, but I took the afternoon off. I started to weigh at home, but my scales are different than the ones at work.
Mama, you have been getting up awfully early these days, haven't you? Hubby still doing the overtime? We have a bunch of trick or treaters in my neighborhood, but we miss some of them since the girls have a carnival at their school, and we go to that until about 7 pm, then the girls come home to get their loot. I don't let them go anywhere except around the block, though. Oh, I hate go to the dentist too! Yuck. I've tried not to pass that along to the kids, since I learned to hate it when I was a kid. They don't seem to think much about it at this point. I just had to tease you about the football game, since I know you live in Oklahoma! There's always next year! (I've had to say that many times this year, since the Titans and U. of Tenn. haven't had the best of years! ). I like to tease my hubby too, when Texas plays--I always ask if they brought the cow (It's a STEER, it's a STEER). I'm so mean
Hey Skeeter! You stay out of the woods if there are hunters around! Jeff said something about going hunting around Thanksgiving in the west part of the state. I've never been myself; camping is about as rustic as I care to get, and I'd rather do that in a camper! I like my home on wheels. Yeah, my kitty disappeared again yesterday--I guess he went back to his "other" home. He's a funny little fellow.
Jen how're you doing? I need some more walking/running shoes--I may try out those you have....I have some Reeboks, but they aren't as comfy as I would like. It's cold, cold, cold here, but not any snow yet, thank goodness! We have had snow on Halloween before, but usually not until the first of the year.
Tobey, I suppose you're doing most of your running in the house lately, since DH has come home? Hope you had a good reunion, and he had a good time visiting!
I better run and get the mutts up and going---hope no one gets sick today !
Love you all!
Sally
Old 10-30-2001, 10:30 AM   #20  

Good morning all.

Well dh made back last night. He even brought me back a few goodies. He bought me 2 beautiful scented candles. They are in these beautiful glass jars with copper-style lids. And they smell soooo wonderful. One is Pumpkin Pie Spice and the other Roasted Hazelnuts. I have never had candles that smelled this good before. I lit the Pumpkin Pie one last night and the aroma filled up the entire apartment. It smelled like I had been baking all day (but without the calories ). You could still smell it when I got up this morning! He also brought me back a bottle of wine that I love and is hard to find here. I couldn’t resist and cracked it open last night to celebrate. We each only had one glass so that was okay – I even brought out my crystal anniversary glasses. And he also brought me back a Victoria’s Secret catalogue. He said it was for the clothes and not the lingerie. Yah right! He is so sweet and I missed him but by 4:00 a.m. I was ready to send him back! His allergies started bothering him when he got home last night (he is allergic to our cat ) and he SNORED the entire night! I was beat by the time the alarm went off at 5:30 this morning. Oh well I guess they can’t be perfect.

Jen: The time change has really messed my system up. My stomach hasn’t yet realized that the time has changed. So when I would normally have my morning snack at 10:00, my stomach is screaming for food at 9:00. I have been so hungry since Sunday and I have been eating extra. Good thing I am exercising! It was nice this morning to leave the house when it was light out. However, now it will be dark when I leave work. Oh well – guess I just like to complain!

Skeeter: Hunters are a crazy bunch. Hunting is allowed in some of the areas around where my mom lives. What is scary is when you get a bunch of these gun happy guys out there who also decided to kill off a few cases of beer. You always hear of accidents where one “buddy” accidentally shoots another “buddy” while they are out there. Glad dh never got into that. Both dh and I have made a commitment that starting with tomorrow we will go to the dentist every 6 months. It is crazy for us not to as my company pays pretty much for 100% coverage.

Marlana: You have been doing so well with your food! I am just so proud of you!!!! You also sound in such good spirits lately. I just want to fly down and give you a big! I hope you do manage to get away this weekend. Hope your trip to the dentist goes better tomorrow. Glad to hear that you are not going back to the same butcher. I am a bit nervous, as I am sure that I have a ton of work that needs to be done. I am so glad that we have practically 100% coverage through my work. My work has an excellent benefits package that is company paid for both my husband and me. I am certainly spoiled when it comes to my job. I will probably have time to post some veggie recipes late in the week or on the weekend. I did get your e-mails to my home address. I LOVED the one with the cute animal pictures. I am such a sucker for animals. I had to pass that one to everyone I know. I received my photo that was taken at the finish line of the half-marathon last night. I am going to scan it in and send it to you for our cyber photo album. Then you will finally be able to see what I look like. I will try and get together some other pics as well to fill in my section.

Sally: Hope your munchkin is felling better today. They must be getting excited about Halloween. Will they be getting dressed up?

Well I guess I should get back to work. Although it looks like it will be a pretty quiet day today.

Happy thoughts go out to you all!

Tobey
Old 10-30-2001, 11:44 AM   #21  

Well gals, I weighed in this morning, I lost 2 lbs this past week. Of course I'm bummed out 'cuz I took a sneak peak over the weekend and I haven't lost any since. But hey, 2 lbs is 2 lbs. I also think I've got a touch of the pms, but we'll see. I didn't get a break again at work last night. I was too busy juggling 7 cardiac patients. Ideally we work at a 4:1 ratio. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? I'm actually looking forward to my surgery, I get a month off! Then when I go back to work I'll be on winter break from school for 5 weeks! How wonderful that will be. I was going to do alot of yard work today, cleaning up after the dog, picking up sticks that fell out of the giant tree, mowing leaves, covering roses, but of course, it's raining. Now it's going to have to wait until Saturday. I guess there are worse things. I'll just have to work on homework all day. Maybe get ahead for once. Tonight I'm going to make a veggie pizza and watch a scary movie. I hope there's a good one on or I'll have to go rent one. Did you guys realize that it's a full moon tomorrow, on HALLOWEEN! Talk about letting the spooks out. Glad I'm off tonight and tomorrow. It will be crazy!

Skeeter- that has to be crazy with those gun happy city folk trapsing around the woods like Davey Crocket! I would be scared to go outside. Wear bright clothes, not brown!!! WTG on your 2 lb loss!!!

Marlana- WTG on your 2 lbs as well! I usually add veggies to something to bulk it up. Like my mom made tuna helper last week, and I thought, I can't eat that, but then I added green beans to the helper and had a big salad to fill me up, and some fruit for dessert. Then another day I added some spinach to the leftovers that already had the beans. I'm always thinking (uh oh) what can I do to add fruit and veggies? I don't eat much meat anymore, no beef. Meat is the garnish, the veggies are the main part of the meal.

Tobey- those candles sound scrumptious. I always get some apple cinnamon for this time of year. Once I even got a peanut butter cookie one. YUMMY! Your alarm goes off at 5:30? Dang that's early! I'm lucky to crawl out of bed by 9:00. Do you run in the mornings before work?

I am going to post the first weeks weigh-ins tomorrow night, after the trick or treaters are through, so let me know if you want posted! Happy and healthy.

Jen
149.5/147.5/140
Old 10-30-2001, 02:25 PM   #22  

Hi Everyone. I'm home for lunch and thought I'd get in here and post since I didn't get to last night. I tell ya, I could fall asleep sitting here in this chair. I'm so drowsey and I wish I didn't have to go back to work. Oh well. I'm going anyway. To much to do.

My mil sent some fudge home with dh and I've not done to bad with it but its there, you know what I mean? Well, I'm not about to throw it away and I'm not sending it back so I'm eatting it sparingly. I have to tell you..........this fudge is better than sex!!!!! I'm serious!!!!! I think its her best ever. I've always liked her fudge but now she is using a different recipe and well, like I said, I'll take it over sex.

I still have not weighed. I just keep forgetting. I will weigh in the morning, I will weigh in the morning, I will weigh in the morning. I just don't do as well when I don't weigh myself. I'm kind of dreading it but its the only way to really get me going again. I tried to work out with my hand weights and it made my back hurt to bad afterwards so thats out. I may try some walking on my break tomorrow instead. I know Tae-bo is out. If I could do taebo, that would be the best kick start for me.

My back was doing really good when I was taking 50mg of vioxx but after the first 5 days I was cut down to 25 mg and my back started bothering me. I had hoped that working with the weights would help but I was wrong.

Jen, Way to go with losing 2 lbs last week. Thats great. I'd settle for a pound right now, even a 1/2lb would make me happy. A veggie pizza sounds yummy. I like those kinds of things but dh doesn't. Wow, sounds like you had your hands full at work last night. 7 patients sounds like a lot. Is there a nursing shortage in your area? There is here.

Tobey, I know all about a snoring husband. Mine doesn't snore, he rattles the wall. And it doesn't matter which way he lays, he still snores. I think he has mild sleep apnea cause I've had to nudge him several times when it sounded like he wasn't breathing. He says I snore to but I've never heard myself so I have to disagree with him. Your pumpkin scented candle sounds wonderful. I'm finishing up a "pumpkin spice" cappacino as I am writing. Its yummy. I don't need the calories but oh, it sounded so good.

Sally, my favorite pooh character is Eoyore to. I just can relate to him the best, slow moving, slow thoughts, or so it seems. I went for my first physical therapy session and I'm pretty sore from it. I was told it would get worse before it gets better. I'm looking forward to it getting better.

Marlana, I just noticed our yard could use raking pretty bad but I hate to do it more than once. DH said he is going to mow it with the bag on so that we don't have to do alot of raking. I've got my fingers crossed that we don't get snow early like last year. Why do you say your not good at landscaping? From the pictures you have posted, I'd say you are very good at it, especially with what you do with the walkways. I think that is so cool. Congrats on losing over 14 lbs. You are doing so good.

Skeeter, as I said earlier, I did much better on the 50 mg vioxx than I am on the 25 mg. I may call the dr about it. The therapist seems to think its muscular thats causing my problems. I've got several stretching exercises to do and I definetly have to work on my posture. I tend to slump when I'm sitting. He told me I was going to end up with a hump on my back if I didn't straighten up. I love to hear about the male species of whatever is the one who takes care of the eggs till they hatch. Its too bad the human male couldn't be the one to "house" the baby till its born. You are so funny. I laughed till I almost peed my pants over your beeping bird story. I laugh when i even think about it. Now you'll never know if the battery needs to be changed or if its your bird.

Well I think I posted to everyone. If I missed anyone this time, I'll get you next time. Take care everyone. I've got to get back to work.
Old 10-30-2001, 08:00 PM   #23  
Senior Chick

Hey Everyone

We went "knot hunting" today on the 4 wheelers and had a great time. I got in a lot of walking too. There were sure a lot of bear tracks out there. I was walking and looking at some prints very intently because it looked like there might have been 2 different bears walking together. One of my dogs was right at my heels when I stopped and I didn't know it. I was really checking one very large track and that dang dog coughed and scared the dickens out of me. I jumped so bad that it scared the dog too.

Sally~Sorry to hear that one of your munchkins is sick. I hope that she is feeling better. There is going to be a full moon on Halloween for the first time in 30 some years. We are supposed to be very warm here tomorrow. That combination should make for a lot of mischief.

Tobey~It is a law around here to wear orange if you are going to be in the woods during hunting season. We always were orange vests when we ride during the season but we stay out of the woods until deer season is over. We start riding in January although it is still small game season until March. A few years ago a little ten year old boy that was sitting in his grandpa's lap in the woods watching for squirrels was shot in the head by one of those city boys. How in the world could he mistake a little boy's head for an antlered deer? I think that all hunter's should have to pass a sobriety test just like drivers. These good ole boys down here can really put away the liquor while they "hunt". I'm glad your hubby made it home safely. I'm the snorer in this household, I'm told.

Marlana~I sure hope that you get to go on that camping trip. Does your husband have any more vacation days that he can take? I know that you were looking forward to going to Tennessee this year and didn't get to go. A really long weekend would be better than nothing. We don't get any trick or treaters here either. Hubby buys the candy that he likes every year and says it's for the kids when he knows that he will eat it all. I'm going to use a plastic bag to float Leon in the new tank for a while tomorrow before I turn him loose. His vase won't fit it the tank because it is not very wide but it is long. I sure hope that he likes it. I was going to put him in it today but we decided to spend the day in the woods. Neither of us hunts anymore either. We both used to hunt years ago before we decided that we would rather raise the animals than kill and eat them. We still know some very generous hunters though that usually give us a piece of venison every year. I sure don't have any problem eating it as long as I don't have to kill it.

Jen~WTG on losing the 2#. That seems to be our popular number this week. Your post made me hungry for pizza so I fixed my Smart Ones Pizzas for dinner. I had the pepperoni and hubby had the bbq chicken one and we both had a big salad to go with it. Here's my statistics so you don't have to go back and search for them. 182 to begin and 180 yesterday. I just hope that I can keep going and finally get some of this blubber off.

JoJo~I love that picture that you attached. I wish that I had thought to save those off that email the other day. They were all so funny. I'm glad that you got started on the physical therapy. It does hurt at first but it sure works most of the time. My husband says that I rattle the windows also when I snore. Beats me though, I don't hear a thing. You're right about the smoke alarms, we'll never know if it is the bird or the alarm. Cody was sitting on her cage beeping this afternoon. Maybe in time I will learn because of the timing. That's how we tell if it is really the phone ringing or Cody. She doesn't time it like a real phone so we listen and can tell by the second ring. That's also why we seldom answer the phone on the first ring.

I'm going to go watch some stuff that I taped last night. I taped figure skating because I knew that I would fall asleep and I did. It was only a little after 9 too. Y'all have a good evening.
Old 10-31-2001, 05:55 AM   #24  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Oh great day in the Mornin~~Where has my energy gone. I feel like crap this morning, this shift is catching up with me, I am so tired. Going to write this and go back to bed. I am going for a flu shot this morning. I understand some kind of crap is going around here now, my grand kids has been sick.

Sally~~I just explained that I am tired, it's because he went back on overtime and we get up at 3:00 AM. Maybe you lil girl has what is going around here. You get a really sore throat and run a fever for about 48 hours, then your OK.

Tobey~~You lucky little girl to have such a thoughtful hubby. Did he expect anything in return?? The scented candles sounds good enough to eat. I have one that is called DoodleMuckers, Oh God when that smell gets in the air I want to eat the candle. I love scented candles, but I forget to light them just for me. I called my dentist yesterday to confirm my appointment and he just throwed his back out and she didn't know if he will be in the office today or not. I have to call at 9 to see.

Jen~~Your first week on plan worked out really good. Congrats on the 2 pounds lost last week. Girl I'll take 2 pounds every week. In 10 weeks that is 20 pounds. I'm sick of these leaves already. Can't keep them out of the garage. I'm not touching them until all of them are down. Some trees don't have any left and some trees still have green leaves. The strange thing is they are all pecan trees. But just like people, they are all different. They put on leaves at different times too. The first one to put on leaves is the first one to lose them. You keep up the good work on staying on plan. You don't have that much to lose. Sounds like you cook like me, add those veggie's in everything to make more.

Jo Jo~~I don't thank I would ever make it back to a job if I come home for lunch. Fudge...a # 1 offender...I used to make fudge for Christmas but it is very sweet. I can make some good fudge with marshmallow creme. I like peanut brittle better and I know how to make that too. And have you ever had the dessert called
"Better than sex" I know how to make that too and I tell you I can't stay out of that. And at my age...it is better than sex. I can stop once at S...but the dessert I go back for more until it's gone. Very east to make too. We have trouble with our leaves getting wet too before they all get down.

Skeeter~~ Now let me thank for a min. I'm writing to a woman who hunts knots. How to write to someone like that??? Sounds a little strange to me. Girlfriend someone coming in here reading about hunting knots will be back to see what the **** you was talking about. I know people don't thank that fat people can move, but I bet you proved they can when the dog scared you. Camping fell through the cracks. He has to work on Friday, his boss has some bad medical things going on and has to be off so hubby has to take his place. Want to hear something funny, hubby used to be his boss's boss. Hubby told them after two years to take that job and shove it. I don't like deer meat in any way shape or form. I've got good beef in the freezer.

Like Jo Jo yesterday I'm falling over at the puter, I'm going back to bed. Have a good one.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:57 AM   #25  

Good Morning Gals. Just thought that I'd stop in here early before I go to school to wish everyone a SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN!

Jen
Old 10-31-2001, 11:09 AM   #26  

Hi Gals

Don't think I will have time to do a full post today. So I just wanted to stop by and wish you a

HEALTHY HALLOWEEN!

Tobey

This attachment is a close up of a cake that I made for work.
Old 10-31-2001, 09:14 PM   #27  
~~Senior Member~~Really

I'm starting a new thread this one has 25 already....Girls I'm going to get the number of the thread back to what it should be. One of our members took it upon theirselfs to change the number last Jan back to #1....I didn't like it at the time, but she done it anyway. I hope this don't make you all mad. It will be thread
#113 OK
Old 10-31-2001, 09:15 PM   #28  

Happy Halloween! I've finished giving out the candy to the little goblins. Some were pretty cute. There were more kids than I expected, but I usually work on Halloween so I don't know how it compares to other years. Just a few more kids and I would have run out of candy. I hope mom wants it! I hope that the rest of you guys are busy fighting off werewolves, witches, and vampires and keeping your hands out of the candy dish. Ok, I had a couple of pieces, but not bad for me!

Tobey- I like your cake. Is that one of the graveyard scenes? Those are cute. It reminds me of a recipe for a "Kitty Litter Cake." Its a crumbled cake complete with tootsie rolls served in a clean (yes clean) litter box and a poop scoop to serve it with. YIKES!

Marlana- I hope you found some of your lost energy today. Like you, leaves everywhere. I hope this wind keeps up tonight and gets them the heck out of here.

Skeeter- May be a dumb question, but what is knot hunting? I guess I'm too much of a city folk to know what that is.

Jojo- WTG on controlling the fudge! If you don't eat any you'll end up binging. It's all about moderation! The nursing shortage here is outrageous. Let me say, I have no fear of a recession. One of the agencies is paying $55 an hour for anywhere in Chicago, plus living expenses (like $1300 a month) and a 6 month completion bonus (like $13000). I could work six months out of the year and probably make more money. But I'm a home body and would hate every minute I was gone. Some things aren't worth money.

As far as I can tell, these are the first reports for week 1:

Marlana -2 lbs
Skeeter -2 lbs
Jen -2 lbs

Notice a trend? If I missed someone and you want posted just hollar!

Happy and healthy,
Jen
149.5/147.5/140
Closed Thread