Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2007, 01:19 AM   #1  
Is on an Infinite Cut

S/C/G: 165/152/140

Height: 5'4

Default Wanna see me do the happy dance?!

Pretty groovy... yes? hehe .. Bet you are wondering why I am happy dancing.. because after 6 months.. YES 6 MONTHS of not seeing ANY movement on the scale.. even though I exercise like its my job 6 days a week.... I started calorie counting and I have lost 2lb this week.. ahhh yeaaaaa bayyyy-beeeee

Ready2ShedLBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:07 AM   #2  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

w00t!!! Congrats!!!
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/187/135

Height: 5'8"

That is fantastic. I only could take one week without the scale moving and I had to start doing something different. You sure have alot of persistance. Why to go.
sharonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 AM   #4  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Default me do the happy dance?!

Okay. That's wonderful! I actually lost two pounds, too. I can't say I felt like applauding. (I tried to fix my weight tracker-thingie, and it went all kaflooey.) So, I'm at 188 now. I'm doing things very differently than I ever did in thr past. After I had my son, and had 60 pounds to lose, I went on Atkins, and lost it all - even a few pounds more -and stayed slim and svelte (on Atkins) for about seven years. Now I'm older, been there, done that, and have sorta lost my taste for all that meat, so Atkins isn't good for me anymore. I've gone back on it, lost 10 or 12 pounds, and then gone off again and gained back whatever I lost and a few more to boot. NOW I'm eating differently - a lot of fiber, low calorie (although not obsessively low) and drinking gallons of water. I feel healthier, but the weight loss is certainly slower. Most likely, my metabolism is slower than it was, too.
You've done a magnificent job with the weight loss!!! I am constantly awed and amazed by the stories on 3FC! And your persistence, even without any progress according to the scale is nothing short of heroic, for gawd's sake. A lesser person would have become dicouraged and given up months ago! I'm sure I would have!
I KNOW slow is better. I KNOW that two pounds is like looking at two one-pound packages of hamburger (or whatever) and that's a LOT of meat to lose off your body. Still, I guess I just wish things could move a little faster, you know? I don't think I'm in any danger of quitting, but I sure can see that THIS time around, it's going to be a long haul to get where I want to be. Is ten pounds a month unrealistic? Could I set a goal of June, to lose, say 30 pounds?
Thanks for the "happy dancing", though. We can use all the happy dancing we can get, right?

Best, Ella
ellabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations losers!!!!!! WTG!!!!! (IMO calorie counting is the BEST!)
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Chicks!!! Great loss!! Good for you both!

I count calories, too. It's working for me! But I don't lose 2 pounds a week--more like 1.2, average.

ellabella, 10 pounds a month may be possible, but depending on your age and metabolism, it could be hard to do. Don't set yourself up for disappointment! By that I mean, if you only lost 6 pounds a month instead of 10, it would be a shame if you felt bad!

I use the Weight Goal feature on FitDay to figure out how long it will take to lose X amount of weight. I went from 186 to 171 (15 pounds) in 3 months. That's just how my metabolism is, and that's with exercising almost every day. (The weight I lost going from 198 to 186 took longer because I was on again, off again, and not keeping track.)

I'm happy with my weight loss, and you can be, too!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #7  
Is on an Infinite Cut

See after the whole 102 lbs Ive already lost I never once had to count a single calorie all I did was eat less and exercise. Well as you become smaller its not quiet that simple. I had to figure out how much food I can get to fit into a calorie alottment.. and I try to cram as MUCH food in 1300-1550 cals as possible lol.. because I am a snacker and I love to snack. I never eat a meal in one sitting so.. I dont know.. I have seen changes in my body from working out, more tone and such but not on the scale, so I broke the damn thing ( pardon my french) then I didnt have it to worry about. But a week ago I got on the scale and saw that I had actually put on a few lbs (3) so now I have lost two of those.... Im gonna get it done this time.. I just cant take it anymore lol
Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Can we say enough about calorie counting? I agree with Allison ... it's the way to fly!

Congratulations!!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #9  
Is on an Infinite Cut

when it comes to calorie counting, realistically its the only thing that makes sense, cals in v/s cals out... duh ya know? Its a bit time consuming but hey.. "no one ever said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it"
Old 03-12-2007, 02:54 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

congrats!!!! you must feel great!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:55 PM   #11  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2ShedLBS View Post
Its a bit time consuming but hey.. "no one ever said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it"
It definitely get easier; it won't always be as time consuming as it is when you first start. You'll get to the point where you know how many calories are in all the foods you eat regularly and where you know what to eat to stay within your calorie range.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:59 PM   #12  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Congratulations!! To me, it's kind of like driving in the dark if you don't know how many calories you're taking in. Good for you for figuring out what you needed to do to start losing again!
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #13  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Congrats, not merely for the weight loss (though that is fab!) but really, really for STICKING WITH IT! Your perseverence is amazing and I think that THAT is what you really deserve kudos for.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #14  
Mel

Congratulations!

And Charlotte, you're doing a great job, too!

Congrats to all!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:47 AM   #15  
Is on an Infinite Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtammy View Post
Congratulations!! To me, it's kind of like driving in the dark if you don't know how many calories you're taking in. Good for you for figuring out what you needed to do to start losing again!
Really I was an intuitive eatter.. I got hungry.. I ate. I just left it up to my body but, then once I got so close to goal it was like I just ate whatever I wanted and was exercising, I didnt worry too much about putting on weight, even though I did gain 3lbs just by getting too comfortable with everything, started to let my guard down.. Im just not happy with my size anymore and I am ready to be done with it so I know that calorie counting will get me there. Does anyone else do that? Lose 10, 15lbs get really comfy where you are at.. maintain it and then say.. " ok Im ready to lose more now" lol I do that.. guess thats why my TOTAL weight loss has been a slow progression. Im confident that I will keep it off though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingchica View Post
Congrats, not merely for the weight loss (though that is fab!) but really, really for STICKING WITH IT! Your perseverence is amazing and I think that THAT is what you really deserve kudos for.
Thank you so much.. and you have done an amazing job as well!