Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2007, 07:52 PM   #16  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm kind of going through the same thing right now, on a smaller scale (oooh punny!) My original goal was 150, I got to 160 over the summer working HARD then came back to school and kept paying attention but didn't really weigh... a month later I weighed myself at a friend's house and realized I was down to 150! Thats when I set my goal for 130, wanting to be below halfway through the normal bmi range... but now I'm at 140 and really pretty happy there. I've still got a teeny bit of chub on my belly but every time I dip a little lower I start to lose serious fat from my boobs, and I so VERY much don't want them to sag any more. Before I really THINK about it, it feels like a failure, but it really doesnt have to be, right?
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Right!!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

You are happy where you are, you're not killing yourself to remain there. Sounds like SUCCESS to me. Good for you!!!! How very exciting for you. You have done incredibly, incredibly well. There's absolutely NO sign of failure here at all. Congratulations!!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #19  
ONEderland, I 0wn you!

S/C/G: 289/195/169

Height: 5'10"

I think one thing to keep in mind, in my experience is this. What we weighed, for alot of us, at 18, 21, 25 isn't realistic. Many of us have had children, or we have 10-20-30 years between us and those smaller scale numbers. For me, since my lowest weight of 127, I was way underweight, and except for my boobs, which have NEVER changed ()&^&$(&*^^&%)( I was uncurved, completely. No hips, no butt, no waist. As much as I might want to see that # again, I don't want to lose the more feminine curves the birth of 4 children have given me. Sure, 2 of them were c-sections, so there's some skin issues and scarring with that, sure 1 pregnancy was a set of twins with 7.5 months of bed-rest in which I gained more than 90 #'s, intellectually, I *know* this, but there's that little, vain Angi inside me that misses being that tall, slender, well boobed chick, but, in my heart I know being that underweight with my height and build isn't healthy either. I've set my goal at 165, which, is subject to change. I've already written out and told myself and Matt, that as I hit 180, 175, 170, that's when I'll take a pause in weight loss, and begin to evaluate how I TRULY look. Naked and clothed. Until we begin the final approach to our goal weight, we don't truly know, I think, how we'll look, feel or what our BMI will be. Sure, some idiot chart says we should weigh between a and b, but, those charts don't take into account individual builds, muscle mass and other health factors. I'd rather be 10 pounds overweight according to those scales and have all my cholesterol, sugar, true BMI etc be well within normal ranges, than to be in those charted normal ranges, and be a blob of skin and bones, unable to move, function etc. You've done a tremendous job so far in your weight loss. If you never see that *magic* number, will you regret the journay, especially if you look great, feel great and are taking up less space than you did before?
Angihas2 is offline   Reply With Quote