Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

Default Feel myself slipping down

I have been on a new way of life since the end of last year. Eating healthy foods, exercising. I had never felt so good! I am in the middle of trying to get my schooling sponsored. I am being thrown through loop holes the past week with it. Struggling to find daycare, trying to reach deadlines, and now being given the wrong tuition costs from the school. The past three days I find myself on the verge of tears and today I feel like I'm falling way way way way down. I am starting to feel depressed. I know I'm stressed out too. I go tommorow to find out about my funding, but I just feel as though maybe this slump is going to be hard to get out of. How do you get out of a depressed slump? I haven't been able to avoid the emotional eating and I feel ill.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #2  
Starting over 3/24/2017

S/C/G: 329/ticker/140

Height: 5' 5"

Babygrant: Remember, it is OK to have a bad day. Once we accept that, then they are easier to handle when they do happen. Secondly, remember...this too shall pass. You are right, tomorrow is another day full of hope and promise. On the realistic side, we ALL know how "life happens." However, when these times happen in my life (which unfortunately seem quite frequently), I try to make (and I do mean MAKE) myself stop for at least five minutes and reflect on why I'm on this new journey (health, family, cosmetic...whatever), and then I remind myself that emotional eating will only lead me to further depression and guilt later. And please believe me when I say, this is MOST DEFINITELY the voice of experience! I have so very much been where you are. But, I have found that just taking those moments of quiet reflection (blocking out noises, distractions, etc) - even if for just five minutes - usually helps me clear my thinking and gets me to remember "why I'm here." It will NOT take the problems away, but a lot of times I find that the depression lifts to where I can think clearer and make better choices. I trust in the Lord in times like these, too. He is a REAL help, and I don't know what I would do without him to lean on.

Another thing that really works is.....I just sometimes walk out and leave everything.....dishes, kids (if they are in safe supervision), noise and clatter of home, and just take a brisk walk around the block or wherever I can. It is so amazing to me how that clears the mind and it also keeps me from reaching for food since it is not within reach. By the time you get back from the walk, the feeling of "I need food to help me through this" will usually be past. If it isn't, just make a healthy choice, enjoy it, and move on. Another thing I have heard folks try in times like this is they start briskly cleaning house (if they are not able to take a walk). The activity gets their blood to pumping, gets them away from food, and the activity usually makes the depression lift....and a side benefit is a clean house! LOL!!

I know you can do it. Keep up the good work! You have already made good progress! Don't turn look back now! We are here for you. I hope this helped in some small way.
RitzyFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 AM   #3  

Babygrant, Ritzy gave you some wonderful advice. Sometimes when things feel overwhelming we need to step away for a few minutes and take a breath, and as Ritzy said, this too shall pass. Stress can get the best of us sometimes. But don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe you could have a little talk with yourself about why you choose to live a healthy life. Maybe right now is exactly the right time to focus on taking care of you, but in a kind and gentle way, don't beat your self up. You've been working hard and this is a rough patch. You'll be back on track before you know it.
Gogirl008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

THank you to you both. Just heading out the door but will post more when I get home.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:08 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 285/175

Height: 5 7"

Default Hello

Hi Babygrant,

WOW you got some wonderful advice. I am a single mom that works full time and go's to school too. I so feel you pain, but this will pass and you will stronger from it. I know that sounds like the same thing everyone says, but it's true. This is one part of your life that you will get through, count your blessing you may find that there is more there than you realize. And about the emotional eating, when you figure out how not to do that PLEASE let me know, because I still can't figure that one out. I new here and I think that it is a wonderful resource becuse you can VENT and get good advice, or read others issues or solutions and feel better. Good luck hun, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Mama of two is offline   Reply With Quote