Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-03-2007, 09:49 AM   #1  
There is no Try

S/C/G: 215/213.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Biggest Loser Competition

Hi all,

I could use some support -- I joined a "Biggest Loser" competition at work, which is just for fun, but now that I've thrown my hat in, I'm nervous. We weigh in weekly for the next eight weeks (ending last week in March) and whoever has the highest percentage of weight loss wins the money (everyone chipped in a dollar, and our work is matching the amount).

Sabotage is allowed.

I won't be sabotaging anyone, it's just not in my nature, but I'm a little nervous now about being so "public" on my weight loss attempts.

Anyway, does anyone have any advice, or cheerleading for me? I'd appreciate it!
YodaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:41 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey, Yodagirl, I can understand why you'd feel a little nervous. Pretty brave of you to join in! Well, if you can take it in a lighthearted way, that would probably be best. It might be just what you need in terms of motivation! And even if you don't "win," you will probably lose some weight while participating, and that's the real win!

As for the sabotage aspect, seems like on a daily basis the world offers sabotage to weight loss, in terms of the availability of certain foods, advertising, peer pressure, etc.--so in a way, that will be good training for reality!

So be of good cheer! Forge ahead! And remember you'll come out ahead no matter what.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Well...at least you aren't alone in going public....everyone else will be weighing in right along with you. If someone attempts sabotage - take it as a challenge, you can resist! on not lowering yourself to their level to retaliate. That says a LOT for you.

We are cheering you on, girl!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:55 PM   #4  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
And even if you don't "win," you will probably lose some weight while participating, and that's the real win!

This is perfectly true, and kudos to you for putting it out there. There's no shame in self-improvement! Congratulations on your loss so far, and good luck!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I always joined these type of challenges at the gym that I used in the past.. It was fun and motivating. I had the chance to win a treadmill. I worked so hard and lost 11 lbs. that month. I didn't win. The lady that won lost 21 lbs. that month. Oh well, it still got me closer to my goal. I agree with the others, have fun with it. Do your best and no matter what you still win , either way.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote