Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:42 AM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Superbowl Food Plan

Here is what I've got planned for watching the Superbowl:

Light Natural Popcorn, 110 cals per serving
Kettle Chips, 1-serving bag, 150 cals per serving
Baby Cut Carrots, 4 cals each
Lean Cuisine pepperoni pizza, 380 cals
Diet soda, diluted with sparkling water, 0 cals

I'm saving up on calories during the day, but the total is around 650 cals if I eat all of those, and it's like a party. With my other meals, I'll probably stay close to my goal today.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I'm having a bunch of people by for the game. I just got a new sectional couch and flat screen so it should be the right setting at the very least. I don't want to deprive the nondieters, so I'll have to watch my portions; this is where "personal responsibility" really comes into play. Am making chicken wings, a pan of lasagna, hot dogs, and will have chips and dip and tortilla chips w/ salsa. Traditional superball food but I'm not going to worry about it for today. At least I'll be making it so I know what's in there (and I'll bake the wings rather than deep fry).
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I took a tried and true hot dip that I make and am attempting a lower fat/calorie version of it. I think I got it from over 300 calories per serving to less than 160 calories. We'll see how that goes over. I'm making turkey soup rather than chili. I made the broth yesterday and refrigerated it so I can skim off the fat before proceeding.

Other than that, I should be on my regular plan. Down 1.5 pounds since I developed my menu for this 2 week period (half over with the menu so far).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Since we are all eating the way I now eat there are some changes in the way party food is here. I am not depriving anyone ~ and they are all eating healthier options!

7 layer taco dip - with LOTS of beans (not only the FF refried ones, but I also make a layer of yummy black beans too. Lots of vegies in it, and the low fat sour cream too. Baked chips, and baked pita triangles to dip.

Hummus (I make this with no oil in it and everyone LOVES it) with lots of colorful vegies for dipping.

Turkey chili - again with tons of beans and vegies in it.

All on plan and no one will have a clue they are also eating very healthy!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I will probably just "drink" more than I eat
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I am making turkey lasagna in the slow cooker (what a great way to make lasagna by the way) and serving salad. Our friends are bringing sausage bean dip (and if I know them it will somehow have extra fat added) and wings (again- how they squeeze extra fat into wings is beyond me but they do)

I have cookies and icecream for dessert.

.My only goal for today is to not binge. If I eat what I want until I am satisfied and enjoy every morsel I will be happy even if it is 1000 calories high.

I'm just bummed that I am injured and didnt get my planned 12 mile run in this morning that would have made 1000 calories ideal.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:39 PM   #7  
I restore Teeth.

Gary- I'm goign to DRINK and EAT!!!

PIZZA, WINGS, and more fried stuff!!! I'm going to eat until I'm satisfied, which is usually 1/2 slice of pizza, 3 mini wings and a diet pop. Which isnt too bad, btw...
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 06:00 PM   #8  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Mrs Quadcrew- would you mind posting the recipe for hummus?ive never had it but i would love to try it
thanks!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Sure - it is super easy!! I use 2 cans of chickpeas - drain and rinse them, throw them into the food processor. Peel 4 cloves of fresh garlic (less or more depending on how garlicy you like it!) 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter (I use that instead of tahini - they taste almost the same and the peanut butter is a LOT cheaper!) and then usually about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice (or more depending on how the consistency is) Pulse it until it is all pureed. Keep it covered in the frige. A lot of recipes (and commercail hummus) have olive oil in them, I just leave it out.

1/3 cup of it has 108 calories, 2g fat, 0 cholesterol, 14.5g carbs, 5g fiber and 6g protein. I LOVE this stuff with baby carrots!!
Mrs Quadcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #10  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

We are having modified junk food. Zucchini slices baked until crunchy with Mrs. Dash and parmersan cheese, Baked chicken tenders breaded with bread crumbs and egg white with hot wing sauce, fried mozzarella sticks (not modified but also not for me!) Baked tortilla chips and salsa, a fresh pineapple sliced, NSA ice cream and raspberries.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:29 PM   #11  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

So how did you all do?? I did pretty well, although I ate more popcorn than I had planned. I still managed to come up with a calorie deficit in FitDay, though, so I don't feel too bad. It was fun and I didn't feel deprived.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #12  
I restore Teeth.

Well, I ate just til I was satisfied. I don't think I had a lot in terms of CALORIE-WISE, but sodium-wise, whoo! Man, I might be bloated tomorrow!!!
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover View Post
Well, I ate just til I was satisfied. I don't think I had a lot in terms of CALORIE-WISE, but sodium-wise, whoo! Man, I might be bloated tomorrow!!!
Well Veggielover ~ I didn't eat that bad (?) some nachos with chili...then Angie made a taco salad for dinner...but as far as the drinking goes...well, let's just say it was a good thing I bought the 20 pack of MGD's on Friday for this week-end!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:40 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I ate a lot, but I came in ok for the day, it was kind of lunch and dinner as the game started at 3:30 here
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/187.5/130

For Superbowl I had chicken wings.....1/2 marinated in hot sauce overnight and the other 1/2 marinated in low carb barbeque sauce. Country style spareribs cooked in slow cooker with low carb barbeque sauce and then broiled in the oven with a little more sauce added to them. KFC popcorn chicken (for the kiddies), KFC mashed potatoes (kiddies, also), and KFC coleslaw. It was the first time I have made chicken wings and I must say they came out really good. I baked them in a 425 degree oven for about an hour and the meat was just falling off the bone. I also planned on having a couple of vodka w/club soda and lemon but I actually fell asleep during the Super Bowl. I managed to get down 1/2 of my drink before falling asleep though. All in all........I think I ate pretty healthy yesterday. I had about 4 wings, 1 large sparerib, and about 1 cup of coleslaw.

Patty
h82gainagain is offline   Reply With Quote