3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Planning for Tuesday, January 30 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/103396-planning-tuesday-january-30-a.html)

jillybean720 01-29-2007 06:34 PM

Planning for Tuesday, January 30

I did well on Monday (well, it's not even 6:30pm Monday here yet, but I don't plan on eating anything else calorically-dense tonight), so time to plan for Tuesday!

I skipped my oatmeal on Monday and had turkey burgers w/bacon and cheese on wheat buns for dinner instead of the orange chicken. I LOVE the orange chicken, so I made a batch of it anyway and split it into 4 containers to bring for lunches for the rest of the week--that way, I can have it 4 times instead of just 1 night ;)

And so, Tuesday's plan:
  • Kashi Heart to Heart cereal w/banana and skim milk
  • sandwich - ham, turkey, provolone, and soy mayo on whole grain bread
  • Lean Cuisine - chicken pecan (with rice and snap peas)
  • orange chicken and broccoli (homemade)
  • Healthy Choice meal - classic chicken bbq
That's less than 1500 calories total (1471 per Fitday), so I might add a snack after dinner (some soy crisps or sugar-free pudding or something).

2frustrated 01-30-2007 06:09 AM

Brekky
egg on toast

Snack
chicken bites, grapes, goat's cheese

GYM - chest presses, abs, squats and calf raises

Lunch
turkey sandwich

Snack
BfL apple pie

Kickboxing

Dinner
cc pancakes

cupcake84 01-30-2007 07:57 AM

b- light french toast(ww bread dipped in egg&milk, fried in my t-fal pan, topped w/ splenda and ED smith no sugar added maple syrup MMMM)
S-ff puddin
L-Salad, turkey sandwich w/ mayo
S-banana
D-chicken done in the crockpot,potato, veg's
S-100 cal bag of popcorn
Water-3.5 L
Exercize- not feeling too great, feel dizzy so may not go on bike today i will see how i feel later,and def not walking today, its like -20 brrrrrrrrrr

ArtsyGirl 01-30-2007 09:15 AM

B-weight control maple and brown sugar oatmeal
S-cashews
L-clam chowder
D-mango/coconut tilapia
E-4 mile walk

Yesterday was pretty good eating wise. I'm finally starting to get an appetite back so thats good.

sotypical 01-30-2007 10:22 AM

I did great yesterday till Karden made me get ice cream :( Okay he didn't MAKE me but he took me there as a suprise and was so upset when I wouldnt get any, cuz he was trying to do something nice (we never go out) so I had a small one... but still 600 cals! I know one thing wont kill me; but there has been a few things lately - and next week is gonna be SOOOOOO bad :(

anyway on to today

B- yogurt; scrambled egg whites; english muffin with light cream cheese; coffee with 0 cal syrup

I am going to pack:
half a can of tuna mixed with a small amount of mayo and hot pepper relish; 2-3 crispbreads; 3 pickles; miso soup; raisin bran bar; thinsations; and the last yogurt (prob wont eat it all)

D- not sure

I will drink at least 4 liters of water (only got 3 in yeserday :()

and I just finished 75min on my bike

yogachick30 01-30-2007 11:20 AM

Another day, another entry...

B: 1/2c steel cut oats w. 1/4c egg whites, w. frozen rasberries and blueberries= 250cal

S: 1 med banana and 1 of my homemade oatmeal cookie= 125cal

L: meeting dad @pf changs.. I will order the buddha feast which is steemed vegies w. steemed chicken. no sauce (I'll use a little soy sauce) w. 1/2c brown rice= 400cal

S: 1/3c ff cottage cheese mixed w. 2T ff yogurt= 80cal

D: leftover chilli= 200cal

S: 1/3c ff yogurt w. frozen strawberries= 100cal

Wk: Teach yoga class tonight:)

Mami 01-30-2007 11:45 AM

Jilly, the marinated baked chicken breast you turned me onto came out GREAT! Could you please post a few of your recipes? Maybe for the orange chicken and tell me which marinades you're using as lots of them are very high in calories. I finally found a barbeque marinade that wasn't too bad, but the others were very fattening. Let me know which brands you're using if you have time.

jillybean720 01-30-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mami (Post 1553020)
Jilly, the marinated baked chicken breast you turned me onto came out GREAT! Could you please post a few of your recipes? Maybe for the orange chicken and tell me which marinades you're using as lots of them are very high in calories. I finally found a barbeque marinade that wasn't too bad, but the others were very fattening. Let me know which brands you're using if you have time.

Here's for the orange chicken:
I don't really measure things, so I will try to be as specific as possible. I did measure some ingredients yesterday to try for a more accurate calorie count, so let's see if I can remember correctly:
  • 1 package (mine was about 1.33 pounds, I think) of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks (I use 99% lean tenderloins--easier to cut into small pieces)
  • Marinate and cook in the following mixture (I cook it in a wok so I can add the broccoli all to the same pan):
    • 3-4 T soy sauce (I use reduced-sodium)
    • 1/2 cup orange juice
    • 1-2 white cooking wine
    • 2 t ground ginger
    • 2 shakes crushed red pepper
    • garlic and/or onion powder to taste
    • 3 T honey
  • Once the chicken is cooked, add 1 jar sugar-free (or no sugar added?) orange marmalade. Cook and stir until the marmalade mixes with the rest of the sauce and the chicken is cooked.
  • Add 2 small bags of frozen broccoli florets and cook to desired crispness.
I made this last night and split it into 4 containers for lunch for the next 4 days. The chicken and all sauce ingredients come to about 260 calories per serving (when using the above amounts for 4 servings--I didn't worry about the number of calories in the broccoli).

As for other marinades, I just use whatever sounds good. The beauty of marinating rather than baking in a sauce is that most of the marinade stays in the bag (or whatever container you used to marinate the meat). I just use Ken's or whatever is on sale. I don't worry much about actual fat grams since I typically have very very little fat in my diet anyway,so I'm not too worried about how many grams come from a few tablespoons of marinade.

I did find a bbq sauce at Whole Foods yesterday that is only 25 calories for 2 Tablespoons and is all organic, which is nice--it's usually hard to find things that are both organic AND low-cal. I had some on my turkey burgers last night, and it tasted fine to me.

alinnell 01-30-2007 12:20 PM

B~egg whites scrambled with Morning Star Farms crumbles, lf cheese and rolled in a ww tortilla
S~apple
L~salad with chicken
S~6 Triscuits with laughing cow cheese
S~tangelo (if needed)
D~Italian vegetable pie with green beans

Mami 01-30-2007 12:34 PM

Thanks for the recipe Jill, I'll have to get those ingredients and report back. With the wine, did you mean 1-2 tblspoons or cups?

I just got back from a short trip, so getting back OP:

whole grain roll w/ butter
subway sandwich: dbl turkey w/ cheese, veggies, vinegar
chinese food: steamed chicken breast, steamed mixed veggies, steamed brown rice, then fried by me at home using 1 tablespoon oil
Kashi hot cereal w/ 2 tblspoons walnuts
FF yogurt

total is 1600 calories

jillybean720 01-31-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mami (Post 1553109)
Thanks for the recipe Jill, I'll have to get those ingredients and report back. With the wine, did you mean 1-2 tblspoons or cups?

Oh, ya know, 1-2 of whatever measuring devide you happen to pull out of your cabinet :dizzy:

I meant Tablespoons...sorry :p