Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:47 PM   #16  

I dont see why smaller boobs can be a problem. Sagging, I can understand! Can u use some support bras like ipex to perk them up?

Women with smaller boobs actually have lesser chances of developing breast cancer (since smaller boobs=not too much/too extra estrogen)

For me, weight loss occurs on my face and boobs much earlier(where I dont need to lose than on my hips/thighs/lower abs (where i need to lose).
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #17  

Quote:
I dont see why smaller boobs can be a problem. Sagging, I can understand! Can u use some support bras like ipex to perk them up?
For some of us, the boobs balance the hips. Or maybe a great pair up top went along with too much weight everywhere else. Or maybe we want to look good naked.

Who am I to say that your body concerns are wrong?
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #18  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thirteen yrs. ago , I lost about 90 lbs.( I eventually gained it all back). I was 33 yrs. old at the time. I worked out lifting weights and cardio both 5 or 6 nights a week. My body felt perfect all over except the boobs. They became very saggy. As I put the wt. back on, they actually looked fuller. It really bothered me that I wasn't happy with my boobs. If I could have afforded it at the time, I'd definitely had a lift.

This time with wt. loss my boobs are VERY saggy. I wear good support bras and no one can really tell. I look decent in clothes. Some of you describe yours as "pancakes. Mine look more like poached eggs under my armpits when I lie down. I have went from a 42DD to a 36 C bra, and that is with lots of padding. The top of mine are completely flat. If I didn't have other health issues with a poor immune system making scarring very likely, I'd love to have a lift with implants.

I wonder if I'm the only one that when DH is searching for my breasts, I have to lift my arms. LOL.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I wonder if I'm the only one that when DH is searching for my breasts, I have to lift my arms. LOL.
Mine have always naturally split back towards my arm pits!!! SOOOOO annoying and even though I am a 38C, I have no cleavage because of it!
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:03 PM   #20  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

My boobs still look great in clothes - and I actually was excited to go to a D, because it would be so much easier to buy bras! Its the sagging that was an unexpected problem. Hearing from all of you is making me feel a lot better - especially ennay's comment about them adjusting!
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:10 PM   #21  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Wow. I am surprised to read that there are so many who are very displeased with their boobs. I hope it's not because of a false idea of what normal boobs are supposed to look like. I found this website
http://www.007b.com/breast_gallery.php
there's a huge variation in what is normal.
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 PM   #22  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

spiny - no...its definitely not what I think "normal" looks like, its not even just about what my boobs LOOK like, although they dont help my looks.

I cant get clothes that fit properly unless they are a tent, I havent worn a button down shirt in years because I would have to get an XL to prevent gaping buttons. I dont wear dresses because the bottom half of my body is a size 10 and nothing below a 14 fits the top.

With a properly fitted bra my boobs still dominate my body. They stick out to the side so far they inhibit my arm motion

I can not comfortably do any exercise that involves lying on the stomach or supporting pressure on the chest (lying down hamstring curls, rows, etc.)

Without a bra...well, I dont even get up to eat breakfast on a lazy sunday without putting on a bra. It is so freaking uncomfortable that I put one on if my only planned activity is sitting on the couch.

Now that they are floppy, that is exactly what they do....flop--and sometimes painfully. I cant roll over in bed without rearranging the girls because I can literally squish one under my arm accidentally....I actually have to wear a bra for sex or they usually get hurt. (On the other hand I CAN nurse my baby while lying flat on my back and when I was having milk spoilage issues I was able to verify what breastmilk is supposed to taste like fresh from the source..teehee)

I get yeast infections under the boobs.

I run and I have tried EVERY sports bra out there and I have found great support, but I still get horrendous chafe even with bodyglide. I have scars from chafe.

I could go on, but I think I have hated my boobs long enough and when I can I will get surgery to make them livable.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #23  

Quote:
I get yeast infections under the boobs.

I run and I have tried EVERY sports bra out there and I have found great support, but I still get horrendous chafe even with bodyglide. I have scars from chafe.
Oh yeah, definetly not an image problem here either.........these are the two biggest problems!!! And because mine tend to go towards my arms, it's not just my breasts that chafe, my arms suffer too
Old 01-26-2007, 10:23 PM   #24  
Bekka

Its not all about image for me, but it is hard having one body part I was totally confident about turn on me. You get used to not having to think about things, at least I did. Anyway, I warned you all that it might be silly from the get go
Old 01-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #25  
breakfast rebel

Wow, I stand corrected! Ennay and Jackie and anyone else whose breast size causes physical problems - I am sorry because when I posted before I didn't see posts indicating such difficulties. And I admit that I can't relate because, Ennay, my top to bottom proportions are the opposite of yours! Improbable - I know what you mean when a part of your body turns on you. No, it's not a silly concern. I apologize again. I guess sometimes I express myself in a way that is not the best. I wish we could be less critical of our bodies, but if something hurts, or is causing problems of course we want to change it! I guess it is a paradox - to accept ourselves but at the same time to improve those things about ourselves which limit us from what we want to do.
jo
Old 01-26-2007, 11:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Wow, I stand corrected! Ennay and Jackie and anyone else whose breast size causes physical problems - I am sorry because when I posted before I didn't see posts indicating such difficulties. And I admit that I can't relate because, Ennay, my top to bottom proportions are the opposite of yours! Improbable - I know what you mean when a part of your body turns on you. No, it's not a silly concern. I apologize again. I guess sometimes I express myself in a way that is not the best. I wish we could be less critical of our bodies, but if something hurts, or is causing problems of course we want to change it! I guess it is a paradox - to accept ourselves but at the same time to improve those things about ourselves which limit us from what we want to do.
jo
ahhhhh, don't worry about it, when I first posted I was talking about just cleavage!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:36 PM   #27  
Bekka

Don't apologize to me either - it is something I struggle with, as I consider myself a feminist and shouldn't judge my self worth by my sexual attractiveness - but striking a balance between wanting to look good for ME and wanting to look good so that I'll be desirable - or rather, to fit the mainstream idea of what is beautiful, or thin, or sexy - is a tough line to walk!
Old 01-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #28  
breakfast rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by improbable View Post
striking a balance between wanting to look good for ME and wanting to look good so that I'll be desirable - or rather, to fit the mainstream idea of what is beautiful, or thin, or sexy - is a tough line to walk!
Ah. I think I figured out when I was about 14 that I was never ever going to fit the mainstream idea of what was beautiful, or "cool" or sexy any other mainstream thing, so I made it my main hobby and interest to rebel against it. I even wore polyester pants in high school on purpose just because it was blatantly not cool. Now I'm 50 and still rebelling. Want to see my mismatched socks?
But I do understand what you mean when something you were once comfortable with about your body changes. The equivalent kinds of things have happened to me also. But as others have said if it is important to you there are things you can do about it. I just hope you are not judging yourself too harshly. We are so often our own worst critics.
jo
Old 01-27-2007, 12:37 AM   #29  
breakfast rebel

Speaking of Boobs ...
I am not sure if this is proper forum etiquette here to ask this on a forum that was asking a different question, or should I start a new thread.........but anyhow...
How do you find out what your cup size is anyway? I know the formula. I looked it up again to be sure. And honestly it really doesn't matter to me in a practical way because, even at 50 years of age and 50 pounds overweight, I still don't need to wear a bra. But I have been thinking about it. If I follow the formula I am a AA. But when I see pictures of what a AA breasted woman looks like, I don't look like that. I measure under my breasts, add 5 inches for the number size. Measure around the biggest part of my breasts, and it equals the band size. That's supposed to be a AA. But, the pictures I have seen of an AA look really different from me. I guess I don't need to worry about it but it's one of those things that, when I have the question in my head I am irked until I find the answer.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM   #30  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

No worries spiny!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote