3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Is this happening to anyone else? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/102776-happening-anyone-else.html)

redlight 01-22-2007 07:33 PM

Is this happening to anyone else?

After losing weight, I notice that I'm more easily cold. I guess its cause I have less padding for insulation.

nelie 01-22-2007 07:35 PM

Yup, it is pretty common. Your body will adjust though to your new weight.

Heather 01-22-2007 07:36 PM

I hope I adjust soon! My feet are always so cold -- and I now "double-sock"!

Then again, I'd rather have cold feet at this weight than gain back the 115 pounds I lost!!

almostheaven 01-22-2007 08:27 PM

Same here. I used to use fans all the time, my desk at work, by my bed, and one on my desk at home. I was always keeping them going and too hot. These days, I'd prefer a heater at each of those locations. LOL I have to keep socks on, and often my plus house slippers too. And head to the bathroom and stick the hands under hot water...it feels sooooooo good. ;)

futuresurferchick 01-22-2007 08:51 PM

Yeah I definitely have this problem.

Also, I went swimming this weekend and it's a lot harder to float now. :lol:

tanya1979 01-22-2007 09:04 PM

too funny!!

This is so true, I am definitely colder then I used to be. I was just thinking about that today and then I get on here and there is a new post about it, lol.
Isn't it funny how that works. We are all truly going through it together. Everyday I get on 3FC.com and I find people who are asking the same questions that I am, it's comforting:hug:

jtammy 01-22-2007 09:19 PM

Another yes, I don't think I've been warm since October, and I live in Mississippi! I don't know how you guys further north deal with it!

futuresurferchick 01-22-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtammy (Post 1542664)
I live in Mississippi! I don't know how you guys further north deal with it!

Well, we're used to it being colder to begin with ;) and I can't speak for anyone else but I like to complain about the weather a lot!

Glory87 01-22-2007 09:29 PM

Much much colder than I used to be. Air conditioned movie theatres and the freezer section of the grocery store are almost painful. I keep an extra sweater in my car at all times.

train 01-22-2007 09:48 PM

yeah, movie theatres are the worst!! i have to carry a beanie around with me. i'm always cold..and didn't use to be. i feel you!

Cheryl14 01-22-2007 09:58 PM

I live up north, so I am used to wearing plenty of layers to keep warm in the winter. I HAVE noticed that it has taken even MORE layers over the last several years, though, to really keep me comfortable.

What I also noticed is that during the summer I am not as uncomfortable as I used to be. Losing weight makes summer heat a lot more bearable!:)

Cheryl

almostheaven 01-22-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glory87 (Post 1542672)
Much much colder than I used to be. Air conditioned movie theatres and the freezer section of the grocery store are almost painful. I keep an extra sweater in my car at all times.

Oh yeah. I've noticed that too. The freezer section...

I used to LOVE that section, have even been known to hang out with my head in a freezer pretending to browse selections just to cool down. Now I get in and get out quickly.

StarryMom 01-22-2007 11:07 PM

Oh yes same here! I will be wearing a jacket at work and crank the heat up and I'm STILL freezing. I am actually hoping this weird body trend lasts through the summer to save on a/c bills lol

redlight 01-22-2007 11:15 PM

I was surprised that 20 pounds made such a difference.

ennay 01-22-2007 11:40 PM

Well, its partly insulation and partly hormones. Excess fat throws your hormones all out of whack. Losing weight shifts them around.