3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Weird or "in tune" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/102021-weird-tune.html)

ennay 01-13-2007 02:29 PM

Weird or "in tune"

I am a frequent weigher and it works for me (maybe 4-5 mornings a week - depending on when I remember). I've reached the point where I am completely aware of my bodies natural fluctuations.

I fluctuate a lot. At least 4 lbs over the course of a week. (Here is where it gets weird.) And every single morning before I get on the scale I know within a tiny amount what I am going to be. I can feel it on the day my body is hoarding water and feel it on the days it is ready to let go. I wouldnt normally have weighed on Friday but I made sure I did because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I would be down.

Last week I "officially" weighed on Saturday -New lows are what constitutes official for me. (154.4)
Sunday I knew I would be a bit higher, Monday I knew I would be VERY high with race weight (I was 157.6), Tuesday I didnt weigh but I knew I was coming back down. Wednesday I said...nope, not there yet (155.5) Thursday.. I thought "its going to be really close to last Saturday" ..and I was 154.6. and then all day Thursday I could FEEL it. I just knew that I was about to lose and BAM Friday 153.2 and Sat 152.8

I know this sounds like one week you could guess, but I always know, I am almost never surprised. I knew Friday would be down to 153 something and I knew Saturday would be a teeny bit lower still. I still sometimes hope the scale will read something different, because I can feel the ups too, but I would say I am wrong at most 1 morning out of 30.

And with the exception of weight from races or long runs, I dont have a REASON for thinking I should be lower or higher, its not that I go..."well I ate salt, I will retain" I just know.

Am I a freak?

Nikaia 01-13-2007 02:39 PM

Wow...that's a level of resonance with your body that very few people achieve. I'd see it as a thing to be proud of, that you can sense your body that well.

JayEll 01-13-2007 09:16 PM

Yeah, that's pretty spooky! I can usually tell when I'm going to weigh less. I also know when I'm not going to weigh less even though I want to. I'm rarely surprised by loss, but sometimes surprised when I gain.

Jay

Sheila53 01-13-2007 10:12 PM

Ah, you FREAK!! :lol:

Hey, I agree with Nikaia. You're really in tune with your body, which I bet will help a lot with maintenance. Wish your intuition worked on other people--I'd love to know what that scale might say when I step on it tomorrow morning!

rockinrobin 01-14-2007 06:48 AM

Yes, WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!! :D

rockinrobin 01-14-2007 06:50 AM

But in a good, kind of a really intuitive, into your body kind of a way. Quite remarkable at that.

shrinkingchica 01-14-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ennay (Post 1530130)
I am a frequent weigher and it works for me (maybe 4-5 mornings a week - depending on when I remember). I've reached the point where I am completely aware of my bodies natural fluctuations.

I fluctuate a lot. At least 4 lbs over the course of a week. (Here is where it gets weird.) And every single morning before I get on the scale I know within a tiny amount what I am going to be. I can feel it on the day my body is hoarding water and feel it on the days it is ready to let go. I wouldnt normally have weighed on Friday but I made sure I did because I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that I would be down.

Last week I "officially" weighed on Saturday -New lows are what constitutes official for me. (154.4)
Sunday I knew I would be a bit higher, Monday I knew I would be VERY high with race weight (I was 157.6), Tuesday I didnt weigh but I knew I was coming back down. Wednesday I said...nope, not there yet (155.5) Thursday.. I thought "its going to be really close to last Saturday" ..and I was 154.6. and then all day Thursday I could FEEL it. I just knew that I was about to lose and BAM Friday 153.2 and Sat 152.8

I know this sounds like one week you could guess, but I always know, I am almost never surprised. I knew Friday would be down to 153 something and I knew Saturday would be a teeny bit lower still. I still sometimes hope the scale will read something different, because I can feel the ups too, but I would say I am wrong at most 1 morning out of 30.

And with the exception of weight from races or long runs, I dont have a REASON for thinking I should be lower or higher, its not that I go..."well I ate salt, I will retain" I just know.

Am I a freak?

Haha! Unless I am a freak too! :p Wow, I am the exact same way (also with the "official" weigh in always being the new low one lol)!

Just to let you know that you aren't the only one. :D ;)