Question

• I was wondering if anyone could try and answer this for me. I weighed myself today and I am up 7 pounds from yesterday and I have done everything the same as I have been. I have gotten my water in and I have stayed at my lowest calories that is recommened for me. Can all that be water gain? This is discouraging. I thought I was doing so good at losing 6 pounds since Dec 29th then I get on the scales this morning and I weigh a 1/2 pound more than when I started.
  • TOM? (time of month)? you can't possibly gain 7 lbs in a single day so it has to be water weight. If you did weight training, then it could be muscles retaining water. There are numerous other causes of water retention. Did you eat something especially salty? I've gained 6 lbs over night before because of something that had a lot of hidden salts the day before and I didn't even realize it.
  • I am new here, but I have learned the rule is not to weigh yourself everyday. Only once a week. So do not become discouraged. Just pick one day to weigh yourself and that it all. I have monday nights at 8pm and it works for me. Try it. I hope it works for you!

Becky
  • It'll be a fluke. The body is great at fluctuating and it fluctuates greatly from day to day. The best advice I can give is not to weigh yourself more than once a week because it won't give an accurate representation of where you're really at if you do. I used to weigh myself daily and then would get discouraged and ultimately I always gave up - which is why I'm here
  • It HAS to be water, you didnt eat 25,000 calories yesterday, so it must be water, constipation (not usually more than 1 lb), or scale fluctuations.

And to be fair, SOME of the 6 lbs from December 29th was probably water too. 6 lbs in 11 days isnt all fat loss. The real number is somewhere inbetween.

I confess to being a dedicated frequent weigher. If you do weigh more often than once a week you have to learn to acknowledge and accept the natural fluctuations. I fluctuate a lot which is one of the reasons I DO weigh often. I would hit a "low" one week and a "high" the next and think I had gained when in actual average weight I had lost. I just look at the lows and ignore the rest.
  • Do not pay any attention to it or the scale will drive you nuts. I confess I do weigh myself often however I only post my weight once a month in my log as that will give you the true idea of how you are doing.
    There are some months I only loose 1-2 pounds and others I have lost as muich as 12. Just set your goal, keep at it and you'll get there.