Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-08-2007, 02:55 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 206/195/155

Height: 5'7

ok. im going to try to quit tomorrow. i like to think that as long as i dont replace smoking with eating ill be ok on my diet. Right? Wish me luck and any and all tips on making it easier are very much welcome. Thank you.
50lbstomuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #17  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

Talking

Quote:
Wish me luck and any and all tips on making it easier are very much welcome. Thank you.
GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK!!!!

Anyway, make with the tip, right? Here is a tip that, though ODD, totally helped with the PHYSICAL aspect. (Do not look at this from a diet/lo-carb point of view if you diet that way now). Take 8 oz of Orange Juice. Add about a teaspoon (a bit less than) of Cream of Tartar and mix it in. Drink it down. To tell you my story with my first quit--I thought that 'weaning' would be the easiest way, so once I got down to 1 smoke a day, I was basically in withdrawl (or **** Week as some quitters call it!) Anyway, I had a migrane for a WEEK straight, as well as horrendous nausea, and body aches so bad it felt like I went three rounds with Holyfield! I did some internetting and found this. I figured hey, what can it hurt? I'm already miserable!!!
There is something in the acid of the OJ that sucks nicotine right out of the body (I've seen lots about it on the internet while I research for my quit)--and the quicker you get the Nic out of your system, the quicker the PHYSICAL NASTY WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS pass. My migraine disappeared overnight, and after a good day of rest, the body aches left as well (Pepto took care of the nausea!) However, it doesn't help the psychological. I plan on using DumDums in the car (the white stick seems to call me) because that is where I smoke the most.
When you begin your quit tomorrow, just remember--YOU WILL FEEL LIKE CRAP but isn't it better to feel this way for a day or so (depending on if you do the OJ), than to feel like this for MONTHS before you finally DIE from Smoking-Related Illness? I can deal with a migraine--they go away. Death doesn't.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #18  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Good luck with it. I have to say that I agree with those who say that they think quitting's more important than losing weight. I was a bit overweight when I quit 3 years ago and I have to say that I gained 21lbs or so but I was an extreme case. I ate a bar of chocolate nearly everytime I would have had a cigarette and on 10-15 cigarettes a day well....

My friend on the other hand did what I should have done - started to purify her body with healthy eating and exercise and ended up losing 15 lbs and stopping smoking at the same time which was a phenomenal achievement.

My best tips are www.whyquit.com - a lifesaver. Knitting, popping bubblewrap (I got desperate ) and calypso ice pops. I don't know what you'd call them in the States but those ice pops things that you put in the freezer that have 0.2 calories each and take forever to eat.

If you mess up then start again immediately. It took me a while to finally crack it but it's the most important thing you can do for your health.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:01 PM   #19  
Being lazy is easier!

S/C/G: 224/216/170

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
My friend on the other hand did what I should have done - started to purify her body with healthy eating and exercise and ended up losing 15 lbs and stopping smoking at the same time which was a phenomenal achievement.
I wish I could do this, but I am already a horrible eater as it is--my favorite veggie is a potato and my favorite fruit is orange JUICE. But step 2 of this Better Me Process is to get on the Healty Eating Bandwagon. For now, since I really only crave in the car, I think the dumdum will be okay (driving home from work takes 10 minutes) since I cannot probably even finish ONE while I drive. Maybe pretzel sticks? Hmm, only if I portion-control those bad boys! Ah ha! 1 Pretzel Rod each time I want a cigarette in the car (do you see how I am infatuated with 'stick' type things? I'm hoping it will help...)
amykay9377 is offline   Reply With Quote