Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #31  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

goooooooo veggies

wait...would a carrot be dancing because you ate carrots?
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
goooooooo veggies

wait...would a carrot be dancing because you ate carrots?
Use the bananas.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:50 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Awww, you guys made me smile! I needed that I'm gonna destress by doing a quick mile on the treadmill instead of snacking. So another good thing for myself
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:57 PM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleElectron View Post
Awww, you guys made me smile! I needed that I'm gonna destress by doing a quick mile on the treadmill instead of snacking. So another good thing for myself
Now THAT is a great choice!

Dang. Y'all are gonna keep me on my toes!
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #35  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

This is a little thing, but this thread is what helped me. Managed to get in and out of Starbucks with only my ice coffee. I didn't buy anything in the display cases. I think I was even a little abrupt with the cashier because I wanted to hurry and leave. LOL
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
This is a little thing, but this thread is what helped me. Managed to get in and out of Starbucks with only my ice coffee. I didn't buy anything in the display cases. I think I was even a little abrupt with the cashier because I wanted to hurry and leave. LOL
Obsidian, to me, something like that is NOT a little thing, because I struggle to get out of stores without the purchase of candy or something else that will sabatoge my weight loss efforts. So, KUDOS to you!
Old 12-28-2006, 09:31 AM   #37  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oh I agree 100%. I was food shopping yesterday, filled up my cart with lots and lots of healthy stuff. When I got to the register there was a huge display of Mallomars cookies there - something I haven't had since I was a kid and I was dying for them, just dying. It is soooo difficult food shopping and seeing all the "bad" stuff. Every time you get out of there without making a bad purchase is a HUGE victory in my book!!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:26 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
It is soooo difficult food shopping and seeing all the "bad" stuff. Every time you get out of there without making a bad purchase is a HUGE victory in my book!!
Amen to that!!
Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #39  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Today I let myself sleep in REALLY late. My little boy woke up to be nursed at a time where I have usually already been up for hours, and I brought him in bed with me and we both dozed off for another hour.... blisssss

and the best part is, I dont feel guilty even one little bit
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:11 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Even though I was sick this week as well as my two boys, I still ate healthy and got in a few workouts.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 161/156/140

Height: 5'10ish

Ok I have another one, sorry, I lost 4lbs over the holiday by saying no to all the tasty treats.
JamieY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

I love reading all of your little victories which are really big when you add them all up.

This morning I Meditated for twenty minutes before I got out of bed and then did some gentle stretching yoga poses which I haven't done in a long time. It was a great way to start my day.
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

wow guys! You're doing so awesome. I have yet to do anything good for me yet, but i'm motivated to do something I can post here within the next few hours before bed.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:35 AM   #44  

Today I had a Dairy Queen Blizzard. LOL

How is that a good decision? Well, I was craving some ice cream. Normally I'd just go to the grocery store and buy a few half gallons for the family. That, of course, leads to ice cream night after night until it's gone.

So, instead of doing that, I opted for a small oreo blizzard. That satisfied my craving, and I wasn't fixated on food all night, eating everying else under the sun because what I really wanted was ice cream. Mmmmm.

Sounds funny, I know. But hey, consistency, right? If I have been consistent eating total crap in abundance for years to put the weight on, then I have to be consistent in portion control to help get the weight off.

moderationmoderationmoderation!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #45  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I totally agree with you. Moderation is the key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissH View Post
Today I had a Dairy Queen Blizzard. LOL

How is that a good decision? Well, I was craving some ice cream. Normally I'd just go to the grocery store and buy a few half gallons for the family. That, of course, leads to ice cream night after night until it's gone.

So, instead of doing that, I opted for a small oreo blizzard. That satisfied my craving, and I wasn't fixated on food all night, eating everying else under the sun because what I really wanted was ice cream. Mmmmm.

Sounds funny, I know. But hey, consistency, right? If I have been consistent eating total crap in abundance for years to put the weight on, then I have to be consistent in portion control to help get the weight off.

moderationmoderationmoderation!
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote