Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-27-2006, 09:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

You are all awesome and making really great decisions. This thread is really helping me to think about the good decisions I can make for myself everyday. YAY!
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I DID NOT STEP ON THE SCALE TODAY!!! This is the first time I can say that since I started this back in September. AND IT FELT MARVELOUS! I am done weighing myself everyday. Although I weighed myself everyday, I only recorded it on Mondays. I would go on the scale some 20, 30 times and this was all before my breakfast. I was driving myself crazy.Last week is when I said enough is enough. I showed a 2 lb weight gain on Tuesday, since Monday. So last week I was really on that thing a lot. I even went and ordered a brand new Tanita expensive scale because of that stupid 2 lb weight gain. And when this Monday rolled around again, I was down 1 1/2 lbs for the week. So if I'd only weighed myself every Monday I never would have seen that so called 2 lb gain, never would have bought a new expensive scale, never would have made myself crazy.

Scales are not precise enough and neither are our bodies. So from now on it's once a week for me.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #18  
So happy to be me :)

Height: 5' 7"

I resolved to go out and buy a bra that I can feel confident in. The weight loss has been altering my girls, and they are definitely smaller. So I went out and bought one that makes my chest look good. It also makes me look slimmer!

I also looked in the mirror and just marveled at my waist. I need to take more time to appreciate what I have. I have a waist now!
NewDay4MeToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 PM   #19  

NewDay and Robin, that is awesome!

This morning did NOT go as planned for me. I did not get to work on the house as I had hoped. Instead, I had to take my son to the doctor (nothing major). But as most of you know, an unplanned (heck, even a planned) trip to any doc's office or clinic can take half your day. *sigh* And so we didn't get home until noon - lunchtime. Times like this often have me grabbing any ole thing for lunch because I'm frustrated that my morning didn't go as planned.

But this time I really made an effort to THINK about what I would have for lunch. I ended up with about 4 oz. of grilled chicken, 1/2 cup of plain rice w/1tsp. margarine, and 1/2 cup of green beans. About 300 calories. Not bad!

I have to be on my toes, though. I WILL work out today!
Old 12-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #20  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Im having an awesome day!
I was woken up this morning by the workers building a house down the street (i live in a new neighborhood). I am NOT a morning person so i was getting mad at all the noise so i decided to get out of bed and do my new exercise DVD. I did the 20 min exercise and i have felt great all day. People always say that you feel better if you get up and exercise, and today is proof!
Then my family went shopping and when we got back i did another round of exercising, this time i did a different exercise on my DVD that was 60 min. YAY ME!!!
Sorry bout all this cockyness, but i am having an awesome day. I got on the scale this morning and i only gained 1.5 over the 25th and 26th. I was expecting so much more!
Hope everyone is doing good!
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:38 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100percentME View Post
Sorry bout all this cockyness...
Nooo, not cockiness! This thread is precisely for writing down all of our deliberate good choices! And you made some GREAT choices today!

All too often, losing weight is filled with daily negatives. "I shouldn't have eaten that." "I should have worked out." Etc., etc.....

When we consciously make good decisions for ourselves, we should be darn happy about it and acknowledge it.

This thread isn't meant to be a "I did better than you" thread. I want it to inspire us.

So, no matter how little or BIG the good decision is, let's HEAR IT!
Old 12-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #22  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Ran 9.5 miles!
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Ran 9.5 miles!
No way!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #24  

I really didn't want the pizza I ordered for my family. I did want something "fast foody," but at least somewhat healthy. So, I hit the Subway a few doors down and got a lowfat sub. Mmmm! I'm so glad I made that choice.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:40 PM   #25  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Went to dinner with my dept (i love the holidays but will be happy when it is all over.) I didn't drink, and I had a dessert, but I am ok with that. I did 2 mile WATP DVD even though I REALLY didn't want to, but I feel better for it.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:46 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
Went to dinner with my dept (i love the holidays but will be happy when it is all over.) I didn't drink, and I had a dessert, but I am ok with that. I did 2 mile WATP DVD even though I REALLY didn't want to, but I feel better for it.
Nice! Pushing myself to work out when I'm wanting to be a lethargic slug always makes me happy! Go you!!

p.s. I love Leslie's tapes.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I had a slice of sugar free pumpkin pie instead of eating half a pumpkin roll likeI wanted too
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberD View Post
I had a slice of sugar free pumpkin pie instead of eating half a pumpkin roll likeI wanted too
Very cool!
Old 12-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 173/166/135

Height: 5'7"

Wow, you know you've had a bad day when you really, really have to struggle for something you did well. Um, I signed up for a test prep course that I was procrastinating on doing. I'm still stressed out about it, but at least I took positive action. Oh, and I ate 5 servings of veggies today.
LittleElectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleElectron View Post
Wow, you know you've had a bad day when you really, really have to struggle for something you did well.
Yes, but you DID do something good for yourself! That is what counts.