Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Oh my GAWD!

Holidays are evil! Evil evil evil!

Nibbles here of cookies, sneaks there of chocolates, get-togethers, dinners, brunches, gift tins filled with irresistible goodies, bosses taking everyone out to extravagant dinners, turkeys and hams and pies and cakes.

I got on the scale this morning and I'm back up to 137!!!!!!!!!

Holy carumba!

Has anyone else packed on a few holiday pounds? Guess it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty again! No more sneaks of snacks or munching on those hazelnut chocolates, I've got to get myself back down toward 130 again.

And I still have New Year's dinner to get through! Arrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey LLV! Good to see you again!!

Yep, it's time for me as well to get my rear in gear and get-R- done! I'm determined to NOT be this fat next year or EVER. Something is REALLY different this time around for me--I can feel it!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:53 AM   #3  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

I haven't packed anything on because I've been the Hitler of exercise this season, but man oh man am I PAYING for what I ate yesterday!!

turkey, ham, mashed taters, apple pie, etc.. I feel like a blimp
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/140/128

Height: 5'2"

I gained 1.5 pounds last week. These are the same 1.5 pounds that I had lost the prior week, so I've gotten nowhere in the last few weeks. Ugh! I'm just glad it wasn't any worse; kinda pleased actually. I allowed myself to eat a bit more of what I wanted but I didn't go completely overboard and was careful many times. I didn't enter my foods into fitday over xmas eve and xmas as I wasn't home. But sheesh, just a few slip ups and here come the pounds again! Must try harder, and I'm not waiting for the new year to start!
Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Good luck Jen, I've always said that your head has to be in the right place to lose weight and it sounds like you're there.

I so overdid yesterday, time to get back op today. Lots of water, a salad for lunch and Curves before I go home.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:02 AM   #6  
LLV

I'm really hoping at least a COUPLE of these pounds are water, lol!

Jeez!

Now, truthfully, I was expecting to see a little more on the scale. I got up this morning and said, "OK, we're going to do it, just get on the scale and BE PREPARED for a little disappointment."

But 137?!?!?!?!?!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!

Guess it's time to change my ticker again as a painful reminder to WATCH THOSE CALORIES.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:06 AM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
Hey LLV! Good to see you again!!

Yep, it's time for me as well to get my rear in gear and get-R- done! I'm determined to NOT be this fat next year or EVER. Something is REALLY different this time around for me--I can feel it!
Good to see you too and I know you can do it!
Old 12-26-2006, 12:22 PM   #8  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank goodness for a thread like this!! I mean I'm sorry for those of you who did go nuts, but it makes me feel better that I'm not the ONLY one who did. I did NOT step on the scale this morning-funny how when I'm being "good", I'll get on that thing twice a day, and when I'm not I avoid the thing like the plague. Yes these last two or three weeks have been tough, yes, I've probably gained a few (or several) pounds, but I hope to jump right back on track TODAY.

At least we FEEL BAD about it! That has to be a good thing right? Also if we're starting back TODAY, we have a week's head start on everybody else! Of course, I go back to work today where I assume all the snackies will still be, but I gorged all these two weeks, just let me pass them by now. <sigh> Good luck to all of you, we can do this....
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 12:40 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Nurse i feel the same way i BLEW it for the past couple of weeks im moving into a new home friday so im gonna put myself on hold untill next monday
I have so much going on it would drive me crazy to start this week
buying your first home is like a whril wind all the paper work good gawd on that one LOL
good luck to all of you and i'll be back in the swing of things next week
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:19 PM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseMichelle View Post
Thank goodness for a thread like this!! I mean I'm sorry for those of you who did go nuts,
Haha, you said a mouthful there - literally! Cashews, peanuts, almonds, all those little picks at the nut dishes and the cookie here and the piece of chocolate there and the 'small' handful from the snack bowl.......

It all adds up.

And boy, did it add up

Oh well, back on track. I'll get it back off eventually. I don't really look at this as a major downfall because I know this is a battle I'll be fighting for the rest of my life. This wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last. And I'm prepared to fight it. We're all going to have times where we eat a little too much and yes, maybe put back on a few pounds. But you CAN'T let that discourage you into quitting. I see so many threads from ladies who have gained back a few lost pounds and call themselves failures and throw in the towel.

Why?

Who is it going to benefit for you to quit? Nobody. Especially yourself. You're not a failure for slipping up. You're not a failure for gaining back a few pounds. You're human. But you WILL fail yourself if you give up.

This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. Because you can't go on a "diet" (a four-letter word in my book) lose a few pounds and then go back to your old habits. You have to stay with it. For life.

Don't look at next week or even next month. Look at the rest of your days on earth. Because in order to keep the weight off, we'll be doing this for that long.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #11  
Elizabeth

S/C/G: 233/158/145

Height: 5'6

LLV

Quote:
I'm really hoping at least a COUPLE of these pounds are water, lol!
Yep, I'm SURE most of those pounds are water! You'll drop 'em in NO time!

Quote:
Oh well, back on track. I'll get it back off eventually. I don't really look at this as a major downfall because I know this is a battle I'll be fighting for the rest of my life. This wasn't the first time and it certainly won't be the last. And I'm prepared to fight it. We're all going to have times where we eat a little too much and yes, maybe put back on a few pounds. But you CAN'T let that discourage you into quitting. I see so many threads from ladies who have gained back a few lost pounds and call themselves failures and throw in the towel.

Why?

Who is it going to benefit for you to quit? Nobody. Especially yourself. You're not a failure for slipping up. You're not a failure for gaining back a few pounds. You're human. But you WILL fail yourself if you give up.

This isn't a diet, it's a lifestyle. Because you can't go on a "diet" (a four-letter word in my book) lose a few pounds and then go back to your old habits. You have to stay with it. For life.

Don't look at next week or even next month. Look at the rest of your days on earth. Because in order to keep the weight off, we'll be doing this for that long.
Wow! You have a FANTASTIC attitude! That will definitely make you a winner, I mean a "loser"! You really are an inspiration with your continued success, thanks!
telemetrynurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #12  
Zandria

S/C/G: 203/203/130

Height: 5'4

LLV, although I have had a few treats more than usual the last few days, whenever I have been eating holiday dinners I have been LOADING UP on veggies!!! I am so proud of myself. I haven't went back for seconds, and the things that I have taken the most of are good for me! Yay me! Although I have not weighed myself in about a week. I don't have a scale but I do weigh myself at my workout facility. I've decided to do that only every few weeks.. Even if you gained 7 pounds you are on the right track! Only four years ago I was at a healthy weight, I gradually saw myself gain weight, but I didn't do anything to change it until I got to where I am now. Very strange, because I was so happy when I lost the weight the last time. YOU ARE TWO STEPS AHEAD of me!! Good job on recognizing!! Just try to take lots of veggies and such at that New Year's Eve Meal!! Enjoy!
collegebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I also over-indulged heavily yesterday. I'm back on plan with eating and exercise today. I'm sending all the candy and cookies to work with DH just to get them out of here. I haven't weighed yet and will be weighed Friday at my Dr.'s appt. I dread that. I got an elliptical for Christmas, so my goal is to get on it each day and do as much as I can. Which, believe me isn't much for starters.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: BMI:32.1/27.1/24.6

I found I actually lost 1/2 a pound when I weighed this morning. lol

We didn't go out of town for the holidays, and I decided I didn't want to do a traditional Christmas meal, so we didn't. I actually ate so well yesterday it was pathetic, because I WANTED to find some pizza or Mexican food or SOMETHING to indulge in! But alas, it was not to be.

I also had a really great workout yesterday.

I found that what helped yesterday was to allow myself an indulgence, and to not feel one bit guilty about it. I missed out, but it didn't make me run for something like Oreos because I didn't get what I wanted. I said to myself, "Fine. I'll wait until I can indulge in something I really wanted today but couldn't have. (chocolate)"

So, today I made brownies and I will enjoy one later.
MissH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/202/140

Well said Linda, I' sure many of us have dieted, just to gain it back because we did not change our lifestyle.
wanna b thin is offline   Reply With Quote