Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Default Science Daily Article about Intuitive Eating

This article kind of sums up my way of eating. As someone who has dieted most of my life, it was scary but also liberating to try to develop habits like these that are exactly the opposite of what most diets tell you to do. At least for me, it has been effective. I have had the same dozen pints of Ben & Jerry's ice cream in the freezer for over 4 months now and and I just haven't had the urge to eat them. I'll probably end up throwing them away eventually. LOL, Anyone know how long ice cream keeps before it starts to get icky?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1123235939.htm
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:51 PM   #2  
Releasing the inner hiker

I wish I could do this, but I just can't. First, my body doesn't crave lean meat and veggies. The foods that I crave have led to this body size. I can't buy certain foods and eat just a portion, as that fullness factor doesn't kick in until long after that food is gone.

Maybe this works if you don't have an eating disorder. For me, though, keeping track of calories, exercise, and planning meals, is the only way I can lose weight.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:25 PM   #3  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

fiddler -

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say that I, too, am using this approach. I loved the article. I learned all about these same concepts from Geneen Roth's books. I'm not where I want to be yet in terms of fully practicing all the things mentioned but I'm working on it!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote