Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/158/135

Height: 5'5

Default Facebook Ceo's Diet

I can think of many reasons to get mad at this guy but the Internet won't stop picking on him for this:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/22883..._your_own.html

Coming from a family of hunting/fishing/gardening/canning/ and yes even trapping (although my dad never approved of that last one) folk, I just don't see the big deal. Unless you are actively biting down on a piece of buckshot. That hurts.
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #2  
it's always something

I'm a plant eater, and I believe that we live in a world that is educated enough to understand that it isn't necessary to kill animals to get all of the nutrients we need to live healthy lives.

That said, I agree with Zuckerberg's reasoning in this situation. He's not living a Ted Nugent wacko lifestyle. He's simply saying that he doesn't agree with the sickening industrialized farming that thrives on torturing animals while consumers turn a blind eye. He states that he's mostly vegetarian and I get the impression from that article that he rarely eats meat. Of course I wish he were all the way vegetarian instead of just mostly vegetarian, lol, but who knows what the future holds for him.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 06:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

That is a really good attitude to have. I think if my only option for eating meat was to kill it myself, I would end up going vegetarian, or at least mostly so. One of the least pleasant things I've done in my life was to watch my mom's dog get put down. I was petting her when her heart stopped and she stilled completely. One of the worst feelings in the world. Can't imagine doing that just for meat.
devnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 PM   #4  

being a vegetarian is the way out this days, the industrial processed foods have chemicals and sugars that are not very healthy for consumption but vegetables will ever be safe.
In fact some time to come vegetables will be the most common food since more and more people are realizing this and wasting no time before that ere into it.
PhatBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

I think it's an admirable sentiment to live by if you have the means to do it.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/175/No idea

Height: 6'3

Seems dumb to me. I'm thankful for my car, but I don't feel the need to build it from scratch every time I get a new one.

Whatever works for him, I guess.

- L89
Lurker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 08:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5'10"

I admire it - I feel like a bit of a hypocrite sometimes. I'm not a vegetarian, and I'm aware of the fairly horrible conditions in which animals live and are treated for meat, but I don't do anything about it. If I can get 'free range' or more friendly choices, I do, and am happy to pay more for it, but that's the extent of it.

So this definitely takes guts. And if I had to kill my own food I would 100% be a vegetarian. Probably if I had to visit a slaughterhouse for a day, I would be 100% vegetarian. I'm not advocating going around killing things, it's more about 'trying to pretend it doesn't happen, doesn't make it any less real'.

I'm not against eating meat - but I would prefer the animals live in humane conditions and be killed quickly and painlessly.

Last edited by my2cats; 09-11-2011 at 08:13 PM.
my2cats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #8  

My grandparents lived on a farm. I remember clearly grandma killing chickens and turkeys (in the garage or outside) for dinner (although she'd make me stay in house so I couldn't watch.) I even remember walking through a slaughter facility and seeing the huge hunks of beef (like in the movie Rocky). I've cleaned and scaled fish. None of that has turned me off of meat, if anything it probably makes me more accepting. Its just they way of life on a farm. And probably farmers appreciate their food more.

But, one of the reasons I don't like to eat seafood is because you can often "recognize" your food. So, I guess I do like to be detached from the food on my plate.

I have briefly thought about becoming a vegetarian but really only for the health benefits. I look at Clinton and see how he turned around his health by dropping meat. (He's now completely vegan, I think.) When I do think of the animals that are raised for food - I imagine my grandparents nice family farm - not crowed feed lots and such.
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote