Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

I watch every tv show about eating behaviors... Lately my favorite one is “What is eating you?”
Now I only have to find out the schedule for “Heavy”. Thank you for posting...
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #17  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Oh wow Quailing! That's really cool! I'm really glad you felt comfortable sharing that with us. I hope you flit around the forums a bit and find a nitch here. Welcome! My personal favorite hangout is the 100 pound club. You should check it out.

I'm guessing there will be little comparison between this and BL. I like BL but it's set up for drama and it takes place in an artificial environment. You can't NOT lose weight on TBL. With a show like Heavy, it seems to me there will be the ever present possibility that the person documented will not be successful.

My only hope is that this show breaks down stereo types rather than make them stronger. One thing I HATE to see in shows I've seen in the past is the camera in the person's face while they eat, focusing on the breathing, if I described that right. The microphone picks up way more obnoxious sounds than you would ever hear sitting right next to the person at the dinner table. That's a big pet peeve of mine. It's makes the eating disgusting instead of a natural and necessary part of life.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #18  
*~ZUMBA~*

S/C/G: 324/197/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for this information on the new show. And thanks to Quailing for posting about his/her involvement.

I really try to watch Intervention as often as I can, but Hoarders is just a little too painful for me to watch.

That being said, I did find the Intervention that was focused on an eating addiction to be especially painful. There was a young man who was the subject and his mother was asking him to make cupcakes with her. I had to turn the channel.

Hoping that "Heavy" will be something I can learn from.
dewdrop1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 172.8/168/145 maybe?

Height: 5'2

please post when this is on, I'd love to see you. I don't watch TBL but I did order their cook book because the recipes in there weren't all the way down my arm. I can't stand a recipe with 20 items in it. I don't want to live in the kitchen. Please email me when it's on in case I don't catch the previews. how about you show us you now so I can know who to look for?
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #20  
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

I want to watch this if there is going to be real stories. I love knowing about how people deal with the struggles. I go to a support group that has helped me with the everyday reality struggles.

I only hope that there is no "edutainment" factors like what is on the biggest loser: trainers telling clients that they need to lose more that 2 pounds a week, unrealistic lifestyle changes (living on a ranch, or eating only lettuce or taking a daylong bootcamp exercise session).
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #21  

You're gorgeous harsdotir. Do you play that Harp? I love Harp music. Had one at my wedding .
Old 12-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #22  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuailingQuazar View Post
The show will air in January, and I think my episode will actually be the first. We began filming in JUne and just wrapped up last month.
So far my weight loss is at 80lbs down, thru just diet and exercise.
I have worked so incredibly hard, but it isnt over...it never will be.

I too have a very haded impression of TBL....particularly since being invovled with a reality show of sorts, I now know what really happens behind the scenes. lol
Awesome! Congratulations, I wish you nothing but continued success!

I too saw the promotion for the new show and I will defintiely be recording it!
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4"

A friend of mine that I grew up with is going to be on one of the episodes of the show. I can't wait to see it. We are all so proud of him!
onamission27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM   #24  

when it happens be sure to point him out to us also so we can ogle over him too onamission27.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #25  
Magnolia

S/C/G: 283/243/160

Height: 5'7"

Default update on heavy

my mom is actually one of the subjects on the show. it will begin to air on Jnauary 12, 2011 at 4:00PM I believe. the show is as real as it can be, and her transformation is amazing. i hope you all watch, you can find them on facebook.com... My moms name is Flor Cox. i hope you all watch!!!!
emmpemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #26  

Wow. Now we have three people to look for.

I sure won't remember wh they are by that time
Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuailingQuazar View Post
Those of you who like documentary style reality tv, will truley appreciate this show.
If youre more into the Biggest Loser type schpeel, where everything looks like rainbows and lollipops, then it isnt for you. lol
Heavy will showcase 10 people working hard, suffering, hurting and baring it all on camera for the world to see how it REALLY works in life when youre battling your own body and mind.
What is you name in the show??
Old 12-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #28  
Magnolia

Default facebok fanpage

if you have a facebook, look for their fan page! they will offer to email you so you can be tuned in to watch. i think they'll even email a reminder so you can watch the show. i hope everyone will watch!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:13 PM   #29  

I just joined FB last night . I will see how to do this fan thing. Is it like a friend request?

Look for the Heavy page or A&E?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #30  
Magnolia

look for im heavy in the search bar. and a correction to when it will be airing!! January 17, 2011 @9:00 EST