Women giving up sex to be skinny?

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • All this article tells me is that there are more women who care more about what they look like than whether they have a loving physical relationship with anyone or anything (by the sounds of it).

Evidently, we are that much of a narcisstic, vain culture that we would even give up the chance for intimacy and closeness to be an abitrary 10-20 lbs. less.

Then, we become thin(ner) but lonely from the isolation? We were created to connect to others in a meaningful way.

The problem is not on our hips but in our minds! Sick!

Vanity of vanity, all things are vanities.
  • For 10 pounds, no.
    For 100 pounds, yes.
    And then... woo hooooo!
  • Ever since losing my weight 2 years ago, I have zero sex drive anyway, so I guess I subconsciously have already chosen to be thin over having enjoyable sex.
  • A cellphone, sure. Sex, nope not a chance. A promotion, no way.
  • Quote: Not in a million years. I could never trade sex for being thin. I'd rather stay fat and have orgasms.

ummm, couldn't we still have orgasms??

As for me, nope, not worth it!!!!
  • Quote: Not in a million years. I could never trade sex for being thin. I'd rather stay fat and have orgasms.
    We can still have orgasms without having "sex"
  • Quote: We can still have orgasms without having "sex"
    Sure, I guess. The best ones aren't the do-it-yourself kind for me but to each their own, definitely!
  • i would give up sex...been years anyway..sure take it away from me....

now i would not give up my cell phone for 20 pounds...what is 20 pounds when you are 319!!!!! hmmm....that 20 would put me at 299 though.......nope still wouldn't do it...i would for say 75-100 pounds! heck yeah!!!!!!

the same for tv, computer, ipod or whatever....not for 20, probably for 50, for sure for 100

edit--i should read all the responses before responding, so i don't keep repeating what other people have already said. very guilty
  • Quote: We can still have orgasms without having "sex"
    Oddly, I thought about this the other day... if I had to give up orgasms in order to lose weight I would never lose a pound.

TV, cell phone - yes, I'd give those up to lose weight a little faster. A promotion? Not for 10 lbs, but to magically arrive at my goal weight? Maybe. Sex and/or orgasms? Not.a.chance.
  • Being skinny or fat doesn't affect my relationship with my husband. Not having sex does. It's a critical part of our intimate relationship that I can't and don't want to do without. It's not just the orgasm, it's the physical actions that are shared with one person and makes that relationship set apart from all others.

Therefore, even if giving up sex put me at goal with a guarantee to never regain a pound, I would most definitely decline the offer.
  • I could never give up sex for weight loss, TV definitely but it would have to be 20lbs that would never return. Other than that I'd have to keep everything, I like my soaks in the bath, my phone, being lazy on the weekends. Take the TV but leave me my sex!!
  • I couldn't do it!

First of all, I just like sex too much. Plain and simple.

Secondly (and not to get all personal on y'all), but I feel good about my body when I'm having sex. My boyfriend is a great guy who has always said he loves me - no matter what size I'm at. I wouldn't give that intimacy up for anything...
  • I refuse to give up anything to lose the weight, except for overeating.

Everything in moderation!
  • Honestly, I'd give up sex for a good deal of weightloss... not 10 or 20 lbs though...
  • I would give up sex for a summer if it meant losing 10-20 lbs permanently, but not for a year or the rest of my life.