Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #1  

Default Dr. Oz DNA diet

Did anyone see this on Dr. Oz. I thought it sounded interesting.

I looked at the 3 diets and honestly, I fit about 2 out of 3 in each category so I have NO idea where I would fall.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/explo...iet-your-genes
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Maybe you needed to see the show or read the book but there was nothing revolutionary there. If you have metabolic syndrome you should try low carb or low glycemic diets because they are designed to control insulin levels.......well, we already knew that. Besides that, its pretty much equal-regardng weight loss. There is certainly some good science behind the health benefits of Mediterranean style diets if you are able to follow that.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:43 AM   #3  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I think the stuff online is very generalized vs. what's in the book. I follow the low carb plan on there- around 60-75 grams of carbs a day. I can literally now FEEL when I hit over 100 grams of carbs a day.

I mean it's obvious your DNA plays a role- but it's more than just putting a drop of blood into a machine and it spitting out your diet. You have to see your doctor, check for any special issues, then go from there. For me my insulin resistance means low carb diet. If I tried to eat the first or third diet on the site I'd gain weight like crazy. So yes it is about my DNA and how I'm wired- but it's a bit more complex than the site shows. The things I've learned about the diet that's right for me took me YEARS to figure out btw.

Last edited by beerab; 04-08-2010 at 09:48 AM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #4  

Well, I just thought it was interesting. The show did go into more detail and they did discuss more in depth info. It still wasn't enough I didn't think, but they said you can get the "full info" by sending in your DNA.

They also said they are years away from this idea being perfected.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote