Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 235/212/180

Height: 5'2

Shoot, I'd look like that too if I had the money she did. Anyone who can spend a few hours a day with the best trainer and get advice on how to eat from the best nutritionist and have meals made from the best chef WW would be easy as cake! I just hate it when celebrities are spokesman for certain products because we all know that given a normal person's life it wouldn't be as simple. However, I will give her props, she looks good but I had always admired her plumpness...

Last edited by shortstuff17; 07-04-2010 at 12:14 AM.
shortstuff17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #17  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I have mixed feelings about this.

Let me first say that Jennifer looks incredible, and all her hard work has paid off. She's thinner, healthier, and deserves all the credit. I am not hating!

That being said - I don't understand why all of the actresses who have some weight to lose do so after they make a name for themselves. Of course, I understand why people try and lose weight, and I understand being above your ideal weight poses significant risks to health. But actresses like Jennifer Hudson were not famous based on her looks - she's famous for her talent. I am not suggesting that she should stay heavier, but it makes me think sometimes that Hollywood "lets" heavier people in the door, and then lays on enormous pressure to lose weight.

What sparked this was recently seeing an ad for "Drop Dead Diva", a show about a very pretty, skinny, vain woman who dies and is re-incarnated as a much heavier (but still very pretty, IMO) woman as punishment for being a jerk on earth the first time. The heavier woman had lost some weight for the new season. Again, I am not the weight loss police, but I thought the point of the show was for the character and audience to find that being heavier doesn't make you less of a person - I think there are mixed messages.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
I think the only one who deserves credit for Jennifers' weight loss - is Jennifer. No one else. She's the one who put forth the effort, she's the one who ate properly and made the right choices, chose the right foods and avoided the wrong ones, she's the one who did the physical activity. She may have been guided, but again, she's the one who did the work.

She looks amazing, absolutely exquisite and I bet she feels amazing and exquisite too. There is no doubt she was beautiful before, but now - she is at her optimal and she is healthy. She's done a wonderful thing for herself and her child. I hope that she decides to maintain it.
I agree with rockinrobin on this. All the professional help in the world won't help if the individual won't put in the effort.

Last edited by bargoo; 07-04-2010 at 09:30 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote