Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/150/120

Height: 5ft 4in

I agree with curlywurly. The thing that scares me the most is leaving my kids without a mother. How selfish is she??

How can she actually physically LIVE like that?? She must be in pain on a daily basis!
HotMamma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 265/TickTickBoom/ST-220

Height: 5'6

I saw this craziness a couple days ago (read the article someone posted). Absolutely insane!!!
Gourmet Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 10:48 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 216/212.6/160

Height: 5'6"

Just brings me back to my favorite saying, "One's stupidity will take care of itself".
KyAngel1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #34  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

There is already another thread on this (with some articles and pictures) in the Weight Loss News and Current Events forum, which was started a few days ago.
Here is the link to that thread.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #35  
Gettin' Healthy!

S/C/G: 265/258/140

Height: 5'4"

This is SO terrible!
Firecracker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Yeah, and when Cleopatra, Queen of De-nial, reaches her goal of 1,000 lb what does she have to look forward to? Whenever you see some news story of somebody whose weight is in 4 digits, inevitably they're literally unable to get out of bed (think of the bedsores!), they're a prisoner in their bedroom and if/when it's necessary to take them someplace (like the hospital, or the mortuary) a wall has to be torn out! What kind of life is that?? Wake up lady, and get help while you can stlll move and can still take care of yourself!

Last edited by ANOther; 03-17-2010 at 12:54 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #37  

My mother showed me this yesterday, I really don't know what to say, I mean if she wants to do it, then by all means.
RedRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #38  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Any fetish lifestyle can be very seductive. It creates and reinforces the message that "being a freak is ok, if somebody loves your freakiness."

This lady's husband is not just a "fat admirer," or even a man with a fat fetish - he's a feeder.

The feeder fetish is not uncommon. The fantasy element is the feeding and watching their mate eat and gain weight. If you think that's a dark fetish, it gets worse. Very often, the "feeder" will abandon the partner once the fantasy (for the feeder) target weight is reached, or when the partner is unable to gain any more weight. Or he (usually a he) will abandon the partner when the partner becomes immobile and needs a constant caretaker, moving on to a new relationship to start the cycle over again.

It's very sad, because right now this woman is getting a lot of attention from her partner and her "fans," but will her partner stay with her, if she becomes entirely immobile? If she doesn't continue to feed into his fantasy (no pun intended), the answer is very possibly no. She'd lose her daughter, either to the foster care system, or worse to the father, who would start the feeding cycle over again with a new woman, giving his daughter a very warped perception of body image, love, sex, and food.

It's very sad, especially as this woman is unlikely to see herself as a victim of her partner, her blog fans, and her own twisted logic - until it's too late.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 152/150/140

Height: 5 "5"

She is mentally sick period!! No way this woma is in her right mind. 1000? Insanity at its worst! WTF!?
zamzam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #40  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I feel sorry for her daughter. Generally when people with weight problems have kids they strive to lose weight so they can be around for their kids. This woman acts like she wants a death wish. How will she take her daughter out to play at 1,000 size. How will she be around to see her daughter grow?

What selfish woman. She obviously has some mental issue. No one with an ounce of sanity would want to be 1,000lbs.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 01:31 PM   #41  
In it to win it.

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 67"

This is her way of committing suicide, I believe. A really slow, agonizing way of killing yourself. It makes me glad my priorities are where they are. And I bet her daughter will end up with some sort of eating disorder. What a shame.
alicat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:50 PM   #42  
Future Skinny Pastry Chef

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

This could be some twisted way to ensure that somebody sticks around. Her daughter is what, five? As long as the feeder/father is around, CPS doesn't have grounds to take her away and if he doesn't abandon them before she's old enough to become her mother's primary caretaker, then that's plenty of time to foster a sense of obligation and guilt into the girl. And if he does leave, but the girl is a teenager, then CPS may not necessarily take her away because she's self-sufficient enough to do homemaker tasks and the father is legally bound to provide child support and Mom may receive disability.

That poor kid is screwed from having any sort of life unless CPS intervenes or Mom either gets beat in the head by a clue-by-four or croaks.
Rashomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #43  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Rashomon, twisted is what it is and you may have pieced together her (sick) motivation.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 152/137/106

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
Any fetish lifestyle can be very seductive. It creates and reinforces the message that "being a freak is ok, if somebody loves your freakiness."

This lady's husband is not just a "fat admirer," or even a man with a fat fetish - he's a feeder.

The feeder fetish is not uncommon. The fantasy element is the feeding and watching their mate eat and gain weight. If you think that's a dark fetish, it gets worse. Very often, the "feeder" will abandon the partner once the fantasy (for the feeder) target weight is reached, or when the partner is unable to gain any more weight. Or he (usually a he) will abandon the partner when the partner becomes immobile and needs a constant caretaker, moving on to a new relationship to start the cycle over again.

It's very sad, because right now this woman is getting a lot of attention from her partner and her "fans," but will her partner stay with her, if she becomes entirely immobile? If she doesn't continue to feed into his fantasy (no pun intended), the answer is very possibly no. She'd lose her daughter, either to the foster care system, or worse to the father, who would start the feeding cycle over again with a new woman, giving his daughter a very warped perception of body image, love, sex, and food.

It's very sad, especially as this woman is unlikely to see herself as a victim of her partner, her blog fans, and her own twisted logic - until it's too late.
Very well said, and I couldn't agree more. Perhaps this isn't exactly what is going on with this couple but you have to wonder what is mentally going on with someone that this seems like a good idea. My initial thought is that this woman has spent a lot of her life feeling unappreciated. She probably has a low self-esteem and a somewhat flimsy grip on the reality of obesity (medical complications). For the first time she is getting attention, praise, and respect for doing something because it is extreme.

People do a lot of extreme things for the shock factor and attention it garners. Think extreme dare devils, people who climb Everest or participate in extreme sports. It's all about pushing the limits of the human body. This really isn't any different, except in our society obesity has a very negative image associated with it (and for good reason in most cases--it's unhealthy).

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to this woman. (Ah.. and now I am giving her attention, feeding into the problem)

No day but today,
Dana
SickCycleCarousel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:35 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

This whole situation is disgustingly GROSS.

She's overweight. If that was the jest of it, I would feel for her and wish her the best in finding a way to lose weight and help herself like so many of us here are doing.

She's doing the exact opposite. Feeding the internet fetish community, killing herself, ruining her daughter's life in the process, costing someone (taxpayers or her insurance company, I don't know which) more and more money to take care of her selfish a**. It's GROSS.

To me, this says something very disturbing about our society.

So gross.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote