Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:08 PM   #16  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

I thought the waitresses were cute. No worse than Hooters, that's for sure.

However- you don't even walk out to your car, you're carted out on a wheel chair. Sure wouldn't want you to burn the 5 calories from the 2,000 calorie meal they just sold you (or gave your for free if you're +350 lbs!). It's awful. It's just awful.
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #17  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
I thought the waitresses were cute. No worse than Hooters, that's for sure.
Yeah, I mean they sign themselves up for it - seems to be like a little acting role.

But ugh. The menu...just...ugh...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #18  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Fascinating. Free-market economics in its most extreme form.

"We're gonna give you what you want". - Dr. Jon.

This says it all. He doesn't sugar coat the fact that this food will kill you (unlike McDonalds etc). I have to say I'd be upset if this was in the UK and people were going and then getting treated off the NHS but I suppose if they're going to pay for their own healthcare it could be claimed as the ultimate in freedom of choice.
Similar ventures catering to anorexics a possibility? Excuse the pun.
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

wow....if you weigh 350lbs or more you get to eat free everyday sick.........everything lard...lard...lard!!!!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #20  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

I gotta give him credit for being straight-up about what he's dealing, er, serving And I agree, the waitresses are cute and look like they're having fun. More than I ever had waitressing at normal restaurants for 8 years, heh!

The lard on the burger buns grossed me out though :P
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #21  
No description available.

The satire is fascinating. So interesting that he is a former dietician. It's a condensed example of how what we eat drives our health in so many ways, but with a dark humor about it....it actually reminds me of Dexter....the same kind of dark humor.....I'm not explaining myself very well.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM   #22  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Quote:
I'm not explaining myself very well
No, I get where you're coming from. D'you think maybe this is the ultimate expression of his frustration?
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #23  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me23 View Post
No, I get where you're coming from. D'you think maybe this is the ultimate expression of his frustration?
Yea, I think that's it.

Here we have a restaurant putting it out there, making it so obvious, that this food is bad for people, ratcheting it up with lard and all-you-can-eat fries, calling it all for what it is, and people still come.

I took the kids to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and the movie fascinated me. Food raining from the sky. Sounds great, right? But of course the food got bigger and totally out of control and nearly destroyed the town.

In a country with > 50% of adults overweight, where food companies manufacture products that masquerade as food, where fast food restuarants ramp up for bigger & bolder products and do marketing based on "heavy users" (no pun intended, undoubtedly), this restaurant is the ultimate parody. And the joke's on the consumer.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #24  
Free-thinker

Height: 5'9"

I literally feel sick to my stomach after watching that... Last time I ever had a whopper, I got sick to my stomach after eating it. I can't imagine what would happen if I ate there. I bet the greasy food smell is horrible to. Hopefully no one with MCS goes there.
BlessedBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 286/157 (briefly) 170-180ish

Height: 5"9

its just that the irony of the whole thing is kind of lost because it actually exists.
Would be funny if it was a tv sketch

and oh the lard....gross
Ellie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:15 AM   #26  
Inspired

S/C/G: 275 / 208 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Geez, I wonder what Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper would say to these people if they got the chance to visit O_O
Minya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #27  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I love hamburgers, but the thought of even going insie that place made the bile rise up int he back of my throat.

I think it is just a really gross social experiment. How much food can you serve to an overweight person before they become insulted at your preconceived notion of the quantity they must want to eat on a regular basis?
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #28  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBooty View Post
How much food can you serve to an overweight person before they become insulted at your preconceived notion of the quantity they must want to eat on a regular basis?
Hmmm... But he's not dictating that overweight customers eat there, or how much they eat. Also, not all the customers are overweight. I think he is tapping into all kinds of dark things about the human psyche with the unlimited fries, the towering burgers, the sexy waitresses who hang over the customers... It's very primitive really, LOTS OF MEAT and SEXY WOMEN! Wooo!

I think we all have free choice whether or not to patronize a place like that. The one thing I did find creepy was that if you weighed over 350 pounds, you eat free. What is the reasoning behind that, I wonder? To draw the morbidly obese into the place to show others what they may become? To glorify gluttony? That is the part I find repulsive above all else.
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #29  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I think this is HILARIOUS! Everything in moderation folks, which means I'd split a burger with all my buddies. Honest and funny marketing, girls who know what they're in for and probably get paid well for. It's sarcastic! And how disgusting that you get wheeled out after finishing the worst burger, and that people over 350 lbs eat for free! Wow!

I think the gross part isn't the restaurant, it's the people not realising that that THEY're the joke, that we're all shocked that so many overweight obese people are in this video, that they're not ashamed to be caught there!

But I seriously can't blame the late teenaged/twenty year oldd or so guys. Who can blame them?
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #30  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

That actually made me feel ill, I wonder why a nutritionist would do something like this? very strange
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote