One little bite...

• Does it keep you on track or throw you off?

Two studies a week apart, with nearly opposite conclusions, at least in the popular literature. I was struck by how this really illustrates the need for us to use our critical thinking skills and a healthy dose of skepticism in incorporating these things into our lives. Enjoy!

Anne
  • Uh, well, the "throw you off" study didn't indicate if dark chocolate or milk chocolate was used or what else was in those truffles. Actually, it didn't even indicate if the testees actually ate any of the desires post-truffle food. It just indicated that they desired it. I guess they took a questionnaire. So we don't know what they would have actually eaten.

But of course, completely opposite results are pretty much expected when using sample sizes on the order of 16.
  • I completely agree with the dark choc. thing---one reason I have eaten it since I began my new life. I find other foods too help--raw almonds, peanut butter, full-fat cheese, avacado--of course, all in moderation. Anyway, I feel more satiated when I have these things.
  • LOL..Julie, seeing your goal makes me want to drop mine again!
  • Quote: LOL..Julie, seeing your goal makes me want to drop mine again!
    We're all different! I see so many pics of people heavier but thinner than me. I'm close to the point of just maintaining and seeing where I land. I just happen to think that's where I'll land!
  • 16 men eating the dark chocolate huh?
    I don't know many men who even like dark chocolate! My hubby says its too bitter, I myself adore it!
  • Wendalyn, most men I know don't like dark chocolate either, except for my boss. He thinks dark chocolate is pure and natural, whereas milk chocolate "isn't the real stuff." He is a food purist with a surprisingly effeminate side, though (which is funny for an unquestionably heterosexual, unusually gruff man).

Dark chocolate is the best chocolate. I can eat one little bite of that and savor it without having the urge to eat the whole bar.

Resees Peanut Butter Cups, on the other hand? Keep me FAR, FAR away. Those things are ADDICTING. I think it's the whole combination of sweet and salty.
  • Oh geez, I didn't even notice it was a bunch (err ... few) of men. Chocolate clearly does stuff in women that it doesn't do in men
  • Yeah I am picturing 16 men eating dark chocolate and savoring it on their tongue... roflmao reeeeeediculous

Night I think reeses peanut butter cups now come in dark chocolate. Yeah that is quite the combo, I love the reeses candy bar even better than the cups.
  • Quote:
    Resees Peanut Butter Cups, on the other hand? Keep me FAR, FAR away. Those things are ADDICTING. I think it's the whole combination of sweet and salty.
    Just like I have no problem having just one plain M & M or even passing up on them all together. They hold no interest for me. But give me the Peanut M & M's, ummm, better yet DON"T give me the Peanut M & M's. Ever.