Weight Loss News and Current Events Discuss the latest weight loss news headlines and major events.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #16  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Wow... this is stupid!! Nicole Ritchie looks disgusting and sick and gross. I don't ever want to look like that-- ewwww.

And I agree... *those* cankles looks fine to me. And that muffin top... man, I'd love to havea body like that!!
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 150/115

Height: 5'5

There's no way that is a size 0... I am a size 0 or 2 (depends on the brand of clothing). I have a thin bone structure but I am also a healthy 110lbs and have been eating very well for the past year. She clearly suffers from some medical issues.
marblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #18  
Happy New Rears!

I wonder what she see's when she looks in the mirror? do you think, she thinks she's fat?
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #19  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinGirl in FatBody View Post
I wonder what she see's when she looks in the mirror? do you think, she thinks she's fat?
Yes, that is the nature of someone who has the disorders she purportedly does.
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 06:58 AM   #20  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

I'm a Brit - 8 is the smallest in some shops, ie a US 4 or Euro 34/36. Some shops also do a 6 - that's the smallest I've seen (yet )
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #21  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Last night at the checkout counter at Walmart, Nicole's pic was on the front of a tabloid, it said she weighs 83 lbs. Not that I give these tabloids much credibility but that doesn't sound to far off to me. If she is wearing a size 0 in that pic, it is certainly bagging off of her. I have seen stories on her lately that she is "concerned" with her weight and "trying to gain weight" but I don't know how true this is. Her dad is reported also as being very concerned.

I do feel sorry for anyone that becomes anorexic . My heart goes out to them. As an RN I have worked with anorexic teens and it is heartbreaking for them and for the people who love them. Sometimes I feel they couldn't help becoming too thin just like I couldn't help becoming too fat. Their head is simply not in tune with their body and mine wasn't either.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 AM   #22  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I know that anorexics always kind of see themselves as "fat"
But I think a lot of the ones in Hollywood, its a bit different. Brought on by different reasons,,I think there is unbelieveable pressure for ultra-thinness..

And then, it kind of becomes a competition as to who is the thinnest. I don't think Nicole looks in the mirror and sees skin and bones. Nor (like most anorexics) do I *personally* believe she sees someone fat. I think she probably thinks she looks darn good. It gets her attention, shes known now for being emaciated..god the sad part is if she DID gain 20lbs the tabloids would be showing unflattering shots and telling us she was "porking it on" or some other yucky term..so i think it's largely a lose/lose for them remember when Lara Flynn Boyle was skin and bones? She never ate, just drank nonfat lattes all day..

Dh used to have a thing for Portia de Rossi (the lesbian from ally mcbeal)now going out with Ellen degeneres. The longer she was on the show, the skinnier she got (being next to Calista and Lucy Liu anyone would look chubby) until i thought she was going to die. She looked dreadful. She vehemently denied having an eating disorder (yup) until she went to italy for 2 weeks and gained a much needed 15lbs..and everyone was so complimentary she decided to keep it on..thank goodness..she's a very beautiful woman when you can't count every bone.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #23  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Yeah supposedly when Richie was arrested they weighed her in at 80-something. She is ill regardless of the fact that she keeps saying she isn't disordered or drug-addicted.

I agree, that muffin top figure pictured sure is sexy for something so "ugly" huh? Jeez.

And Osbournes "cankles" - ha, what a joke. They are NOT "cankles". I hate that term.
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #24  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

I watched HBO's THIN a few weeks ago and it made me so very sad, but what was the most SCARY part of it all was how I exhibit their behaviour. Not to that extreme but I get scared that I could end up becoming totally obsessed (which I guess I am now) and lose control. And for those who don't know what it's about - it's this documentary about an anorexic rehab clinic and the people you meet there and their obsessions. It was strange... surreal. One woman - a mother of two kept her calories below 200 a day!! you get to look at her list and she has things like "one bite of chicken 59 calories" or something like that. I always worry... ALWAYS... that I may become like that. I'm losing a healthy 2 pounds a week or so but I've become extremely particular about my calories - and maybe I should be. Anyways if you can you should watch it... you can watch it online. I can give you a link if you message me.
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #25  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

[QUOTE=Natalia;1720717]if a US 0 is a british 4, wth? Are they even more weight conscious than us in North America? It must not start at a sz4 in Britain so what the heck does a size 0 or 2 look over there? [QUOTE]

Most stores over here start at a size 8... the lowest sizes in any shop is a size 4 we don't have anything any smaller, and it is very rare to come across a size 4 in mainstream shops (where teens shop and what not) you get those sizes in shops like "gucci, versace, DKNY, FCUK." its confusing!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:08 PM   #26  
Addicted to potato salad!

Well, don't get me wrong about Nicole Richie...I think she needs to eat some serious cheeseburgers for sure!! But, if you look at the photo, she's jogging and I don't care how skinny you are, if someone takes a snapshot of a woman while jogging on the downside of a bouncy gate, things are going to look limp and flabby and untoned. I saw a picture of Kate Hudson the other day in line at the grocery store and she looked similarly deflated and realized she was jogging and probably had the same effect going on.

Nicole, though, looks like that loin cloth she's wearing is about to kareen to her ankles if she doesn't watch out!!

I love Muffin Top. I see that ALL the time!! Now I have a word for it. Thanks!!
techwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/125

Height: 4'11

i think i just threw up a little . where'd she go?????? hello????? nikki?????? if i were a guy i would never date that i would go to hug her and miss! give that ***** a sandwhich . . .quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by freeqeegrl; 06-08-2007 at 01:30 PM.
freeqeegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Okay..I don't know how tall Nicole Richie is...but I weighed 100 pounds when I was 17. I am 5'6" and i wore a lose size 3....and that was 17 years ago. I did not look that skinny!! Nicole has to be a double zero to have her breast bone looking so predominate. I agree there wasn't alot of meat on my chest, but you could not see my bones thru my chest. Somebody....throw Nicole a bisquit!!!

And muffin top on Brittney Spears??? Please. I'd take a muffin top like that anyday of the week!!!! Please...let me get down to look like Brittney's muffin top!!!!!! lol!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:07 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Yeah, I remember in ninth grade when we all thought 120 was really overweight. Now that puberty has set in, I would love to be 120!
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #30  
Medifaster

S/C/G: 238/212/211

Nicole needs help. If she doesn't get it she is going to die. That is NOT a zero, she is probably wearing children's clothing in all honesty.
Pashta is offline   Reply With Quote