What veggie do you STILL hate?

You're on Page 11 of 35
Go to
  • Robin, as for turnips, rutabagga, these are delicious cut up and roasted in the oven at about 400 with a teaspon of olive oil and garlic. It is so yummy. Sometimes I roast turnips, onions, and carrots. I try to mix my vegetables I roast. Sometimes I will add potatoe or sweet potatoe, other times I just roast turnip and parsnip. Give it a try.

I absolutely hate beets and canned peas.
  • Oh yeah - peas are great, canned peas are an abomination.
  • Quote: Oh yeah - peas are great, canned peas are an abomination.
    Oddly, I like canned peas. I'll eat them canned, fresh, frozen, doesn't matter.

I prefer fresh, though. There's nothing better than growing your own peas and picking one of the pods off the vine, popping it open and eating the peas right out of the pod. If corn on the cob is sweet and tender enough, I'll eat that raw, too.
  • I hate Mushrooms! Everything else is great. I love veggies
  • Peas Canned, frozen Sugar snaps and mange tout Even shelled fresh ones uncooked. But any type of small round green effort that I have on a plate at dinner - NO WAY!

And just don't get me started on MUSHY PEAS

Apart from that.... I think it's all good! Not tried celeriac but I used to prepare it, I can't imagine it being nice, but I would at least try it.
  • I don't like canned veggies except for tomatoes and artichoke hearts. I much prefer frozen.

As for a veggie that I don't like... umm... I'm thinking... umm... nope sorry. I used to not like spinach when I was young but that was because my mom would buy canned spinach and it'd smell so bad. I pretty much like every vegetable, some of them I love while some I feel a little less enthusiastic about.
  • I'm another one that doesn't like peas. It's not the taste it's the consistancy. It's too much effort to go chasing them around the plate.

In the UK and Ireland we have a dish called mushy peas and I'd eat that but otherwise I counldn't be bothered. It's silly really since I don't mind going for an hour long walk but I resent having to eat peas!! Weird.
  • I like most veggies, but I hate:
    Turnip , radishes, and beets. Yuk. And I've never had eggplant or okra ..
    I like zucchini cooked in a touch of olive oil, and with a dab of ranch dressing or creamy garlic when it's done, mmmm.
    Love mushrooms, grape tomatoes, peppers, frenched green beans, cauli, broccoli..bean sprouts, chinese lettuce, etc.
    It must be more of a challenge to eat healthily if you hate most veggies!
  • I absolutely hate brussel sprouts. I've hated them my whole life!
  • I like most veggies but can't stand peas! Not only do I hate the way the taste and the texture but I can't stand to look at them!
    I also hate beans and lentils! I sure wish I liked them because they are so good for you. I do like baked beans though, probably because they are loaded with sugar.
    Judy
  • I used to have a summer job in a canning factory-peas were what we canned.
    OMG-to this day, I can't stand to even look at them.
  • I'm not fond of kale, but I'll eat it because it's good for me. Mostly it's a texture thing - too rough.

Lima beans are difficult to swallow, but the taste isn't too bad.

Ketchup is awful.

Not keen on parsnips.

Love acorn squash, asparagus, avocados, beets, beens, butternut squash, brocolli, brocolli rabe, carrots, cellery, collard greens, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, fennel, garlic, green beens, leeks, lettuce, mushrooms, olives, onions, peas, peppers, potatoes, spinach, sweet potatoes, summer squash, tomatoes, water chestnuts, winter squash, zuchini

Like brussel sprouts, cabagge, cauliflower, mustard greens, radishes, spaghetti squash, swiss chard, turnips, watercrest
  • I hate peppers...red, green, orange, yellow. I hate them all and how they make everything they touch taste like peppers. The same goes for celery, I can't stand how everything its cooked like tastes like it!!
  • I utterly despise peppers, in any color. They're...bitter, or sour, or something. I pick them out of everything. Also on the not-eating list would be brussels sprouts and green beans. Other than that, while I may not prefer veggies, I don't have any "I hate"s.
  • Quote: I like most veggies but can't stand peas! Not only do I hate the way the taste and the texture but I can't stand to look at them!
    How much do you hate the way peas look?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUk_3eKL9Xk