3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Veggie Challenged (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged-176/)
-   -   What's your favorite vegetable (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/veggie-challenged/188854-whats-your-favorite-vegetable.html)

VioletDolphin83 08-20-2012 11:18 AM

My favourites are:
Potato
Corn
Cauliflower
Peas

berryblondeboys 08-20-2012 11:26 AM

Hubby and I were just talking last night about vegetables. I LOVE vegetables and always have. I also realized that there isn't a single vegetable I've tried I haven't liked.

Favorites? Too many to say - and it depends on how they are cooked, but. I love brussel sprouts - roasted with a bit of olive oil yum? That is just divine! But anything really - green beans, eggplants, carrots, zucchini, etc.

The only thing I reallllly don't like is overcooked veggies. Way to turn something I love into something gross - yuck!

charlotte1818 08-24-2012 08:45 PM

i love carrots

thewalrus0 09-01-2012 04:41 PM

Pumpkin pumpkin pumpkin.

Pumpkins a veggie right?

Pumpkins are AMAZING. I literally can put pumpkin in everything and it makes it better. Buckwheat pancakes? Add some pumpkin. Coffee? Add some pumpkin. Hot cocoa? Pumpkin. Smoothie? Pumpkin.

Okay, I don't eat pumpkin all day but I definitely love it. Beyond that I adore brussel sprouts, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sweet potatoes, cabbage and lettuce. Oh mushrooms rock too, but I do believe they are not a vegetable.

1987 09-01-2012 05:25 PM

I like quite a few...

Broccoli
Parsnips
Peas
Sweetcorn
Red bell pepper
Swede
Carrots
Off the vine tomatoes
Broad beans
Sweet potato

Eilis2914 09-06-2012 02:41 AM

Sadly, I only like three vegetables: peas, corn, and potatoes. It's definitely going to make eating healthy difficult.

fatsol 09-16-2012 03:35 PM

For me it is spinach and sweet potatoes. Someone only can imagine how they tastes when cooked together.

waterbaby8705 10-09-2012 11:40 PM

i like carrots, celary with peanut butter.

happyfoodholly 10-17-2012 11:48 AM

I don't even know how to choose - I LOVE veggies! Let's say asparagus.

SweetPeach3388 10-17-2012 12:17 PM

If I am to be completely honest, I would say my favorite veggies are potatoes. I love them every way they can be prepared. You can do no wrong!

However, for a veggie that is actually good for me, I love asparagus!! And baby carrots. And cucumbers in vinegar. I can't stop lol

AlmostMe 01-22-2013 01:18 PM

Hmm...I love *almost* all veggies. I'm not crazy about cauliflower and there's a bitter gourd that's used in some Indian cooking that I actually didn't like, but I guess I'd try it again.

Favourite: soooo hard to choose. Leafy greens? I adore salads. Okra...stewed tomato and okra...yummmy!

But I also love doing veggie laden crock pot stews. Tonight I'll have an italian pork casserole with fennel, onion, celery, carrot, sweet potato, potato, butternut squash, yellow pepper, mushrooms, white beans and a few sundried tomatoes. Delish!

Psychic 01-23-2013 11:53 AM

- Spinach
- Cucumber
- Potatoes
- Cabbage
- Mushrooms
- Sweet Potatoes

Basically, I like any veggies except tomatoes (well, they're a fruit), bell peppers, raw onions, beans (edamame and green beans are okay) and kelp.

Lemongrab 01-23-2013 12:04 PM

Broccoli
Spinach
Mushroom
Cabbage
and learning to like eggplant!

I had this vegetarian chinese cabbage with shredded carrot and clear noodles dish today. It was so delicious! :o I want to know how they make it.

Pink Hurricane 01-23-2013 01:32 PM

I love soooo many veggies! But my main two are broccoli and yellow squash!

ddovii 01-26-2013 10:19 AM

Anything with eggplant or avocado* in it automatically gets a second look. I almost feel like I'm cheating with them though because my brain thinks "avocado = tastes buttery" and "eggplant = oily and crispy, or beefy".

* I guess "technically" not a veggie, but everybody considers it one.