Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #16  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I have a hard time with getting in a rut of eating only a few vegetables and not having much variety. A good book to try is "Vegetables from Amaranth to Zucchini" by Elizabeth Schneider. It's pricey, but a great resource and has 500 recipes.
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I would suggest that you keep trying them and keep trying the same ones every so often. I've read that it can take tasting something 100 times before you get accustomed to it. Tastes can change! For example, I hated coconut as a child and through my 20's, then I read the whole 100 times thing and started making myself try things with coconut. Now I love curries with coconut milk in them and I just recently was able to enjoy a muffin with shredded coconut in it. In fact, I need to ask what brand of coconut my friend used because normally I can't eat the shredded stuff due to the texture. Anyway, what I'm getting at is, if you really want to eat more veggies, then keep trying them. Eventually you might enjoy them.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

YAY!!! A veggie non lovers forum!!

I can eat: peas (on occasion and NEVER FRESH/FROZEN), corn (NEVER CANNED), potatoes, mixed veggies canned occasionally, baby carrots w/dip, celery w/dip, red, yellow peppers with dip, I can eat a few bites of fried eggplant before I start to gag...I can eat SOME tomatoes; must be chopped tiny, rarely do I eat them on sandwiches if I do; they must be paper thin, salsa I can eat them if I have them chopped small...

I can eat beans..

thats about the extent of my veggies..not a lot of variety there...

I have always thought though; that mychildren will NEVER suffer this same thing; so since they've been babies; they've eaten fresh & frozen cauliflower, broccoli, carrots,..fresh cucumbers, carrots etc...

as a matter of fact; my 2 yr old and my 4 yr old at about 1/2 cup each of frozen broccoli tonight w/dinner...
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarStevens View Post
I have always thought though; that mychildren will NEVER suffer this same thing; so since they've been babies; they've eaten fresh & frozen cauliflower, broccoli, carrots,..fresh cucumbers, carrots etc...

as a matter of fact; my 2 yr old and my 4 yr old at about 1/2 cup each of frozen broccoli tonight w/dinner...
My sister's 2-year old loves frozen veggies. Still frozen. She asks for "ice."
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 176/176/135

Height: 5"1

haha! CUTE!

Well; mine were cooked for them..

HOWEVER: my oldest daughter called cucumbers cookies for the longest time ...and when the babies teethed; I had cantaloupe & honeydew I sliced into very large wedges and froze...then they teethed on those!
MarStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #21  

Height: 4' 10"

I always tell people that I didn't get this body by eating vegetables. But since I started WW I've probably eaten more vegetables in the past three months than I have in my entire life. I have several that I'm allergic to like cucumbers, although I can eat them if they've been put into vinegar. I also drink V-8 and I buy veggie chips, not to count for a serving, but just for that extra healthy boost. I can't stand onions, and it's not the flavor, but the texture. I puree them up so I can use them, although my hubby doesn't think that they taste the same.

Now the V-8 Fusion I can't do, it tastes more like veggies to me than fruit juice.
DollyLang is offline   Reply With Quote