Old 11-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/332/200

Height: 5'7

Default Over 300 lbs and going raw - eeek!!

Hi, everyone -
I'm an (almost) lifelong vegetarian. I have some pituitary issues that I m working with doctors to resolve (high cortisol, central hypothyroid, etc). My health has been deteriorating and I knew that processed food weren't helping. I have two very young kids , so not a lot of food prep time. Then I discovered a raw vegan delivery service - I tried a couple dishes and was sold.

So I am working towards being 100% raw vegan. I hope this new lifestyle will allow me to lose weight despite my med problems. I'm bout 75% raw vegan now, and feeling much better already.

So....it's kinda either this or weight loss surgery. And, right now, this is much better than going under the knife.

PS - I'm breastfeeding a 6 month old and this diet has not effected my supply - just fyi for any nursing mom's. Just make sure your calories are adequate.

pps - sorry if this seemed clunky or weird. I always type with one hand because if I am at the laptop, I am inevitably nursing! lol!
Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I didn't know there was such a thing as a raw, vegan food delivery.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #3  

Hi! I know I'm like a year late but I wanted to see how you've been doing since going raw.

I'm not quite 100% yet, and to be honest, I do not know if that's something I ever want to achieve.
But I've been transitioning into raw foods for about 50 days and I've lost 30 lbs. I noticed that my weight has not been coming off as quickly as it can, so I am going to boost my excercise and eat more green salads for lunch and dinner instead of chowing down on fruit every second of ever day!
sthom67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #4  
Always hungry

Height: 5'3"

I'd also love an update! I am vegan but in the process of transitioning to a high raw vegan diet.
VeganFoodRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #5  
RawFoodie Maintainer :)

Height: 5'5

Yes!!

I'm allergic to dairy and gluten so I make a lot of raw stuff just for the heck of it. It's fun

For any raw newbies..

get the book "Going Raw" by Judita Wignall

it's AMAZING. Most beautiful pictures, all very yummy and pretty easy to make stuff!! Even has a DVD for starters and lots of step by step pictures
InspiredBy is offline   Reply With Quote